I don't know what possessed you to save them as .wav. and also, we had to click at least four times to download the songs, so that was false advertising.

as for the track itself (I only listened to toccata and fugue), absolutely supurb! The guitar (if not the other instruments) was crystal clear and, by God, I now want a fuzz probe even more! damn you, Haze! damn you!

The fact that they were recorded to tape, then recorded to PC using Sound Recorder possessed me to save them as .wav

Toccata and Fugue was quite funny as our drummer had no idea what was going on and I was hardly using the FP in that :p

Sorry to double post a topic on the 2nd page, but this is such a good topic (I do believe it should be sticky, incase people start their own threads and whatnot) that I just had to. Also, I have finished Autumn Leaves, all problems solved (thanks to my music teacher, who is a Reason addict!) anyway, if you go to my homepage and click on the relevant link you can listen to the song.

All constructive comments appreciated.

yeah, I make my music on my own in my room

you're a talented songwriter :)

i particularly like the acoustic backings, i can tell your a fan of damien rice. brilliant (listening to it at the moment)

damn its actually really good.

apart from songwriting with my band, i write alot of music for myself, i try to make everything as asymmetrical etc as i can but at the moment im having alot of difficulty because our band is taking a step towards electronical oriented music which is brilliant because i pushed us to do it, but on my own i write music thats heavily inspired by Jonny Greenwood's BodySong, like for instance 24 hour celestion, i wanna make alot of complicated drum loops and shit but i cant do anything on fruit loops its so damn complicated and i cant write anything else otherwise because i can write alot of melodies but i want them all spliced up and shit and cant do it if i cant work fruityloops does anyone know fruitloops well and can teach me please

you're a talented songwriter :)

i particularly like the acoustic backings, i can tell your a fan of damien rice. brilliant (listening to it at the moment)

damn its actually really good.

apart from songwriting with my band, i write alot of music for myself, i try to make everything as asymmetrical etc as i can but at the moment im having alot of difficulty because our band is taking a step towards electronical oriented music which is brilliant because i pushed us to do it, but on my own i write music thats heavily inspired by Jonny Greenwood's BodySong, like for instance 24 hour celestion, i wanna make alot of complicated drum loops and shit but i cant do anything on fruit loops its so damn complicated and i cant write anything else otherwise because i can write alot of melodies but i want them all spliced up and shit and cant do it if i cant work fruityloops does anyone know fruitloops well and can teach me please

Thank you for your compliments! The major infulunces on that song are Pink Floyd and Damien Rice, quite obvious what comes from where, to be honest.

Electronic is good! I did the drums, bass, synths and piano for that song in a peice of software called Reason, which sounds like it might be just what you're after. It's costly, I'm afraid (about £250), oh but it's good!

I'm afraid I have no idea as I have never used fruity loops. You should go into a music shop and try Reason, you'll love it, trust me. It has, included, a drum machine (for which any .aiff can be made a sound), a loop player, two synths (analog style and "graintable" style), two samplers, assorted effects (including amazing reverb, distortion and vocoder units), splitters and mergers and loads of cool stuff which all appears as a virtual and infintely expandable rack that can be wired up however you wish!

Guest Mikhail Gorbachev

OK people, BIG PLUG COMING UP so brace yourselves.

Star27 and Uberdog (two Preston bands, me being a member of the former), Sideshow and Red Pen Letter at the ATTIC on Oxford Road, Manchester... Tuesday September 21st, 2004.

Bring money to get pissed and buy us drinks, because we're poor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 more good uns there :D lol you realise if you get a contract n make an album, we'll have all your songs? :p btw did i miss any? ive got applecore and red leader and those two....

yeah dude. 4 in total so far.. glad you like.

We is real busy atm. have got Leeds, coventry ( twice in 2 weeks ), london, manchester, hull, swansea and middlesborough in the next 6 weeks.

If we get signed, i fully expect you to be selling copies on ebay...lol

laters

ps

http://www.thisisull.com/music/michelleadelphi24sept04.html

We play a local gig 2 weeks ago at the Adelphi. ( dont normally play in Hull ) and this is a review from the local press.. a bit odd.. :p