Might aswell post here too :LOL:

I released my first EP today.

https://christofferzimmermann.bandcamp.com/

LCD/65dos fans may enjoy this.

Dig. :happy:

Also; feel free to give me critique. c:

Very quiet, has this been mastered?

Quiet as in I've now got Kelly Watch The Stars by Air on after and when I'd had Soundcheck in iTunes on, it was still louder, how that is off, HUGE difference.

Edited by haze015

It has, but I didn't compare the volume to 'professional' tracks/ other albums. :facepalm:

Oh well. Other than that it's fine production-wise though?

Its not slick, but all the better for it.

If you fancy it, I can have a go at mastering, send me a PM.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Any feedback if anyone feels like sparing the time? They're currently a bit sparse, as I have vocals planned, :) but I'm fairly pleased with the melodies. And I'm terrible at drums atm, I know :$

The first one is a bit more "anthemic," if that's your thing, there's trumpets and everything :D

The idea is good, but I'm very put off by the midi sound...

Thanks - I'm doing a music technology elective at uni soon, so I may get to work with better software and learn more about mixing and mastering - currently the "sounds" I'm working with aren't too great :(

[soundcloud]
[/soundcloud]

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud]

Any feedback if anyone feels like sparing the time? They're currently a bit sparse, as I have vocals planned, :) but I'm fairly pleased with the melodies. And I'm terrible at drums atm, I know :$

The first one is a bit more "anthemic," if that's your thing, there's trumpets and everything :D

Before you do anything else I'd sort out the timing issues with quantization, so many of the parts are completely off and it's super distracting. What are you making this all on?

What are you making this all on?

A Lite-edition of Sonar X1, connected to a keyboard. The timing's mostly "play along with a metronome" then "play alongside existing music," while pre-existing drum loops are just drag-and-drop, which is also what I do to place after I copy parts that need repeating later in the song. I know what you mean, for example, the guitar's definitely a beat too early for the section starting at 2:10 in the first song. :$

Thanks very much for bothering to listen, by the way :D

Getting ready to tour with a new band. Should be fun. :D

Also, got bored and had a play around with some filters and what not in Massive to some piano idea I recorded a while ago. Ended up using it to record a bass idea too. I can see electronic music coming from this out of sheer boredom.

Totally not in time, was just using a cheap midi controller for everything.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/adamcrowell1990/longevity-sample-test[/soundcloud]

Cool, somehow it reminds me of the filter used on the EP in Ruled By Secrecy live, abso tour.

Didn't even think of that but the kind of idea I sort of wanted to go for is something like they use in Nishe live. I'll have to play around with the filters a lot more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBk6_J0hkzQ

Just in that stupid stage of trying a whole bunch of things, including pumping cheap Casio keyboards through my BMP and distortions to see what I can do. I think my friend and I will eventually do a double EP with this stuff but in the mean time, I'm playing bass in the song above.

• 2 weeks later...

More playing around in Massive. Doing a cover of Late Of The Pier - Best In The Class. Got a long way to go but I thought it was stupid enough to muck around with anyway.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud] Edited by Crowella

• 2 weeks later...