Not sure I should say, as it will skew people's perceptions, but it's a squier bronco in to a Behringer BDI21 straight into the desk

Yeah it sounded nice until I read that :phu:

Nah sounds great. Is there a new creepjoint album in the works then?

Not sure I should say, as it will skew people's perceptions, but it's a squier bronco in to a Behringer BDI21 straight into the desk

They aren't bad. I know of this before hearing your recording too :$

Actually, neither are the Squier Bronco's. Awesome sound. :D

Nah sounds great. Is there a new creepjoint album in the works then?

Yeh, it's all written except the lyrics which they're working on. We've not recorded anything else yet except some demos for arrangement purposes

They aren't bad. I know of this before hearing your recording too :$

Actually, neither are the Squier Bronco's. Awesome sound. :D

Not sure what you mean? I play drums in CJ. The bassist played the Bronco on all of the first album and pretty much none of the second.

I approve of this, guitar has a great tone too. Brings out the metal head in my very quickly!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Just one 57 on the cab, tiny bit of EQ and compression, doubled

:LOL: that's brilliant.

yerp, makes you want a Bronco right!?

Not sure what you mean? I play drums in CJ. The bassist played the Bronco on all of the first album and pretty much none of the second.

I know you play drums. :LOL:

I was saying that the Behringer BDI21 is actually a good pedal. Especially for the price. :$

Not too bad; your singer's sometimes a bit sloppy, but not bad for a 4 piece. I think, if you're going to stay with covers, you may want to pick up an extra guitar player, and backing vocals. Still, lots of potential :)

I'm not trying to make excuses but there is a reason behind those.

Our singer had/has a kidney infection and was "Feeling like dick" at the time. We do plan on going down the originals route, the singer only joined less than 2 weeks ago so she didn't have time to learn our originals. She actually does play guitar but our lead guitarist is going to give her some lessons so she can play more rock songs and lastly, I do backing vocals but the soundman was being a twat and never turned on my microphone. He instead turned on our guitarist's microphone which caused the feedback you hear during Little Black Submarines.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/willdxnn/54jam-testmaster[/soundcloud]

It's currently instrumental - vocals are planned though - and there could potentially be more added (mega riff at the end?), but comments/critique/whatever on this?

I would put in a mega riff. As it stands to gets to the edge, looks out over the edge, puts down a blanket and has a picnic at the edge, but never goes over the edge. I think some sort of climax would do the job. Plus, and this is just a personal thing, how about making the lead guitar sound a little more fucked up, a little static fuzz?

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/willdxnn/54jam-testmaster[/soundcloud]

It's currently instrumental - vocals are planned though - and there could potentially be more added (mega riff at the end?), but comments/critique/whatever on this?

It's really strange saying this but there is a band I know that used that exact same chorus riff in the chorus for one of their songs. Thankfully they don't play it anymore nor are they popular enough to be worthy of a mention :LOL: (I got their drummer now, they lose out)

That said, I love it. It's got a kind of Radiohead/QOTSA mix that works. I am happy. :happy:

Anyway, here's a short sample of something I'm going to work with my new band this week, also a sample of how the Kawai sounds direct in. Stupidly enough, I already forgot the right hand for one section (now that I think about it, it's 6ths) and I've gotten sloppy overnight, sadly uni takes precedent over practice but I'll sneak it in.

Sounds like one of the themes from Pokemon or Gran Turismo. Didn't intend that. Whatever.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud] Edited by Crowella

I would put in a mega riff. As it stands to gets to the edge, looks out over the edge, puts down a blanket and has a picnic at the edge, but never goes over the edge. I think some sort of climax would do the job. Plus, and this is just a personal thing, how about making the lead guitar sound a little more fucked up, a little static fuzz?

:chuckle: So too much edge. Ok! And I could indeed try that fuzz, I shall

There's a riff I could put at the end but I'm a little worried it'd suddenly become a huge Oceansize ripoff, I'm aware it sounds a lot like them and other bands already..

It's really strange saying this but there is a band I know that used that exact same chorus riff in the chorus for one of their songs. Thankfully they don't play it anymore nor are they popular enough to be worthy of a mention :LOL: (I got their drummer now, they lose out)

That said, I love it. It's got a kind of Radiohead/QOTSA mix that works. I am happy. :happy:

Oh no! :LOL: Is there a youtube link of said song?

Thanks man :happy: I certainly think it could end up pretty good but I feel like it needs something at the end, whether that be a riff or whatever

:chuckle: So too much edge. Ok! And I could indeed try that fuzz, I shall

There's a riff I could put at the end but I'm a little worried it'd suddenly become a huge Oceansize ripoff, I'm aware it sounds a lot like them and other bands already..

Fucked up is the best up :yesey:

Do whatever works best for the song. We're the sum of our inspirations and anyway, once you put vocals on it it'll be unique.

• 2 weeks later...