It sounds really cool! I love it when a song uses interesting chords rahter than just the standard ones.

btw Can I just say, your fingers make even the more normal of chords look like a massive stretch!

Thanks man :happy: Yeah, I like to try and find weirder chords. Well, not weirder, just non-standard, there's some really cool sounding ones

:LOL: Trudat. But if they sound ite WHO CARES

Thanks man :happy: Yeah, I like to try and find weirder chords. Well, not weirder, just non-standard, there's some really cool sounding ones

:LOL: Trudat. But if they sound ite WHO CARES

I say that but then I have a song demo I'm thinking of posting here with just power chords :LOL:

But I really enjoy the unusual details of a strange, underused chord.

Will has the magic fingers.

EDIT: What's up with the emoticon in the title anyways?

enit

wut?

I say that but then I have a song demo I'm thinking of posting here with just power chords :LOL:

But I really enjoy the unusual details of a strange, underused chord.

:LOL: Power chords are just as good, it's just the way you use them I guess. Yesh, me too

Been doing a fair bit of synthpop lately because I secretly wish I was Vince Clark.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/3rd-storey-chemist/shed-a-tear[/soundcloud]

Yeah I noticed. I'll rerecord it. Cheers!

Just make sure the master channel is not going over 0dB at any point, then bounce. If you're worried about volume, try doing some basic mastering or I'd be happy to do that for the price of a pint or two. :)

Quickest recording a bit too late at night but had to show off the Pedulla in a recording situation. Truly loving it.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/adamcrowell1990/pedulla-groove[/soundcloud]

No messing around with anything in the DAW. Just Mic and DI. I do need to slightly lower the bass on the amp though. The Pedulla produces quite a bit more than most basses and it seems like the Ampeg is pretty heavy on the bass EQ even sligtly below noon.

Yeah, I realise that I turned the volume too low. I wasn't using my monitors but some cheaper headphones which tend to hype the lows. Easy fix.

The reason I say lower bass is to bring the mids up (by raising overall volume then). I already have the mids close to 4 o clock on the amp. Can't go too much higher.

EDIT: The distance may be because both bass tracks are HARD panned to either side. This isn't normal and something I totally forgot to correct in Audacity. At least you can hear what the DI (left) and Mic (right) does.

EDIT 2: Got back home to see the recording desk... I realise that someone that wasn't me has turned the Low and High EQ up on the channel I was using for the DI. Derp. Makes sense now. I'll re-record in the morning.

Edited by Crowella

Feel free to rip away.

A quick users guide:

0:00 Don't tell me you love me. Solo@1:27

3:34 Tainted Love Whammy Solo@4:48

7:03 Crazy Train solo@9:31

I know one of the runs was out of key in the DTMYLM solo, I was trying not to think of the five chicks bouncing in front of me.

:)

JT

Edited by Impulse 101

Here are a few tunes I've written. I have almost 40 songs by now, most of them are post-punk/indie influenced, bands like Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Joy Division, etc. And nowadays I've been working on some surf rock stuff too.

Montreal

Vimanas

Two Suns

Mist of Certainty

Say Hello To Strangers

The Night Has Never Been So Bright

Writing songs became my new hobby.:happy:

Here are a few tunes I've written. I have almost 40 songs by now, most of them are post-punk/indie influenced, bands like Interpol, Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Joy Division, etc. And nowadays I've been working on some surf rock stuff too.

Montreal

Vimanas

Two Suns

Mist of Certainty

Say Hello To Strangers

The Night Has Never Been So Bright

Writing songs became my new hobby.:happy:

Montreal

Old Yellow Bricks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w47RNPRe3co

Coincidence? :LOL: Gonna listen to the rest

You totally got it. Yeah it was influenced by Old Yellow Bricks:D The intro at least.

The riff is basically the same, but in a different key, that's a bit more than influenced... :LOL:

Also, Vimanas' verse rhythm reminded me of Trumpet Or Tap by Biffy a bit but that could just be me. Same as Kueller though, not bad!

edit: I like Two Suns, slightly weird ethereal feel to it. Tune dat guitar though