I really need some sort of decent software for posters, i only have word. Just in case you've seen the many posted around access and are thinking they're a tad basic.

And i've had a little look on the B2 website and found out that 100% of money taken on the door is for the bands. All staff costs are paid by drink sales so as long as people go along to buy drinkd they'll let you play.

I really need some sort of decent software for posters, i only have word. Just in case you've seen the many posted around access and are thinking they're a tad basic.

And i've had a little look on the B2 website and found out that 100% of money taken on the door is for the bands. All staff costs are paid by drink sales so as long as people go along to buy drinkd they'll let you play.

thats such a weird way of doing it!

So they just let bands take over the venue and hope that people come in order to get paid? :confused:

What if no one comes? does the band have to pay the staff? lol

If its as simple as it sounds it seems quite a cool! Staff paid by drink sales, bands paid by door sales!

Will the door sales be directly split between the bands that play?

:)

A friend of mines band got moved onto the main stage in the actual pub as they only had 4 people turn up, btw the main stage is rubbish and for covers.

The headline band collect the money and then it's up to them to decide what they do with it, how much they give to the other bands.

A friend of mines band got moved onto the main stage in the actual pub as they only had 4 people turn up, btw the main stage is rubbish and for covers.

The headline band collect the money and then it's up to them to decide what they do with it, how much they give to the other bands.

whoarsome!

I added that sound guy btw - he seems cool lol - he said he likes our stuff! :D

whoarsome!

I added that sound guy btw - he seems cool lol - he said he likes our stuff!

He is a cool guy indeed, he's been very helpful in sorting our live recording stuff for tomorrow. Not sure when we'll get the tracks up assuming all goes well.

That's why B2 is so popular for people to book and is usually my first choice when it comes to gigs, but their organization and communication are both awful, and they are a NIGHTMARE to deal with if the slightest thing goes wrong, like when I was booked for a gig there the other month and 2 of the bands didn't show up so they did their usual fold-their-arms-and-look-down-at-you thing and kept asking me (as a solo act I was with them on my own:() where they were, where they live, and expecting me to know everything and I just had to stand there and so "I don't know, I got told I'm playing and got told to come here" to everything they said:mad:

site's down tom :(

Myspace is forcing the frames out so you'll have to browse to the main menu frame, which looks shit, but is functional (ish).

menu

EDIT: For other people, this is a link to no logo's site where you can download all of our music and see some pictures and shit. The band's not going anymore.

Myspace is forcing the frames out so you'll have to browse to the main menu frame, which looks shit, but is functional (ish).

menu

EDIT: For other people, this is a link to no logo's site where you can download all of our music and see some pictures and shit. The band's not going anymore.

excellent! loving the bass, and the singers great too

Do you have any direct download links or a CD I can buy or something? I only really listen to music in the car.

We're working on it - I think we'll have stuff on 7digital within the next month or so... Most of the myspace stuff is pretty rough and I'm banned from uploading any more direct links :$

We're working on it - I think we'll have stuff on 7digital within the next month or so... Most of the myspace stuff is pretty rough and I'm banned from uploading any more direct links :$

Banned from uploading direct links here? Why?

Oh well, be sure to let us know when I can download something. You should really have a CD you can send out. I'd paypal you a couple of quid.

Banned from uploading direct links here? Why?

Oh well, be sure to let us know when I can download something. You should really have a CD you can send out. I'd paypal you a couple of quid.

Just by the rest of the band! Mainly because most of our newer songs aren't quite finished - we've been concentrating on our live show this year and the recording side of things has slipped a little...

Essentially our writing and recording process takes place at the same time, so it's only been mixed for personal use and there's a lot of stuff that we'd like to come back to now we know how it works live.

I could send you a CD of what we've got down but there's a lot of scratch guitar/vocal/synth/bass :(

Loving your work Tom!

Cheers!

Tom, why did No Logo split up then? You guys sound awesome, im loving Mescaline/Mezzanine as a track, its just short, sweet and perfect. How did you guys make that?

The drummer was from Ireland and he wanted to go home, that's all. It gets very frustrating when you put all of your energy time and money into a band and it's getting nowhere.

I couldn't get that EP. It's in wma :(

Gay. I'll have to do it in mp3, that EP's my favorite because the songs all flow into each other.