Hey Everybody. I don't do a bunch of crazy crap with various electronic... things so if you'll just bear with me and listen to my songs I would really appreciate it.

http://www.myspace.com/terencesheehan

every time you post i always check out your songs and always have to turn them off because they annoy me. i don't know why, and i don't mean to be offensive but i thought i should at least give some response.

Hey Everybody. I don't do a bunch of crazy crap with various electronic... things so if you'll just bear with me and listen to my songs I would really appreciate it.

http://www.myspace.com/terencesheehan

I like it although I'm not sure if you've found your style yet... Lo-fi trash or lusciously epic - both sides are good but there are a few moments where it's sitting right in the middle and is massively bland!

The good moments are like a blend of Damon Albarn, Jack White and radiohead, the bad moments are like the soundtrack to a Jeremy Clarkson DVD :)

every time you post i always check out your songs and always have to turn them off because they annoy me. i don't know why, and i don't mean to be offensive but i thought i should at least give some response.

I find it hard to listen but that's because they're pretty much one volume the whole way through...

As nice as it was to be able to see the big background picture, I spent 10 seconds staring at it waiting for the page to load, not realising I needed to scroll down.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing... Otherwise, all good.

As nice as it was to be able to see the big background picture, I spent 10 seconds staring at it waiting for the page to load, not realising I needed to scroll down.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing... Otherwise, all good.

Haha spanner!

Nah, I realise that may be an issue but I'm not too sure of any elegant solution :(

Haha spanner!

Nah, I realise that may be an issue but I'm not too sure of any elegant solution :(

Have a really sketchy looking banner that reads "Scroll Down" in some kind of script font drift from right to left across the screen :LOL:

I like it although I'm not sure if you've found your style yet... Lo-fi trash or lusciously epic - both sides are good but there are a few moments where it's sitting right in the middle and is massively bland!

The good moments are like a blend of Damon Albarn, Jack White and radiohead, the bad moments are like the soundtrack to a Jeremy Clarkson DVD :)

I find it hard to listen but that's because they're pretty much one volume the whole way through...

Thank you Jon and Phill for your responses. I appreciate any feedback as long as it's the truth and so I appreciate it.

Jon. You seem to have pinned my influences down. Lo Fi trash "Neutral Milk Hotel" and "Arcade Fire, and lusciously epic "Muse". They are my biggest influences. I find myself unable to go the route of lo fie trash or lush epic because I can't decide which I like best, so I often get stuck on the middle ground.

Edited by Jimnightshade

I want to get more into electronic music beats and synths.

Any recommended tips or programs i should download?

Anyone here worked much with drum machines?

You should download the free trial of Acoustica Beatcraft and have a play with that. Lots of fun, easy to use and it'll teach you some of the basics. I'm using a free drum program called Hammerhead Rhythm Station at the moment, which is fun but somewhat restrictive.

I'm sure there's plenty of people here with much more knowledge than me on these things ;)

I want to get more into electronic music beats and synths.

Any recommended tips or programs i should download?

Anyone here worked much with drum machines?

Start off with some hardware rather than software as its more fun and intuitive, nicer to get both hands on things rather than a mouse or mapping a MIDI controller.

As for programs, most electronicay people you'll speak will be using Ableton Live or Reason.

And what do you want to know about drum machines?

are most drum machine software thingies like that just samples?

I don't like WAV samples where you have to find the right tempo etc...

no, hardware drum machines usually have a pad for each drum sound and you play in the patterns in parts to build up a beat.

the wav samples you're talking about are usually called 'loops'

I've had an experiment with some beats and sounds from objects around my house (including a box of cornflakes eq'd and compressed lots to form a weird shaker sound), and I've just mixed this with some quick synthy things I did on Fruity Loops, Im not fond of the progression or the riff, its from an old song I wrote and played when I was with an older band. Im going to put one of them on a new Myspace later.

I could do with a project band name, any ideas? Seeings as my own name, Aaron Smith is taken already :p Any cool anagrams or anything?

no, hardware drum machines usually have a pad for each drum sound and you play in the patterns in parts to build up a beat.

the wav samples you're talking about are usually called 'loops'

oh right ok

and yeah i knew that about loops but i didn't want to then say i like to use fruity loops because it would sound hypocritical lol