Dragged the old Korg X5 synthesiser out today, some good band times on that thing. Shame that its out of production now, such a tough little old keyboard, with some cool sounds.

There's an X5 up for sale where I work, worth the purchase?

Here's a nice detailed, in-depth review of our gig at The Cockpit supporting Pure Reason Revolution.

"I had checked out Industry on their MySpace page in advance and they sounded interesting, not least because all of their song titles seem only to be one word. They proved to be even more interesting in reality.

They opened with Echoes, appropriately with echoing guitar before the synth, then drums then bass came in, and it rocked off with much riffing and a heavy sound. Matt Benatan's synth was providing the melody, with Chris Core's guitar riffing below it, and the sound was good for them, except that Matt's vocals were coming across low in the mix and a little muffled - you could not fault him for the energy he was putting into them, though. The track builds until it bursts, more riffing before the guitar sound becomes spacey, echoing again, then another burst and Chris is riffing, melody from the synth, and this long opener explodes again with Matt's vocals screaming out as they head into a big finish. Powerful stuff, and after starting like that it was well worth mentioning the free cds which they had left under a poster Matt had made with a top grade marker pen from Wilkinsons - take the cds, just don't scuff the poster ! And before the end of their set all the cds had been taken.

Next up was Deeper, with a heavier start, thumping bass from Rob Harvey, massive drums from Adam Howlett, and they produced a very impressive rhythm section throughout the set. This was a shorter, sharper song, the vocals reminded me of Red Hot Chilli Peppers in their feel, big riffing in a track which was faster, harder, straighforward, breaking into feedback before hitting the guitar solo, the track then slowing but still heavy, before the drums take up the pace again, the vocals scream out and it ends.

A synth intro ripples out to take us into Sirens, before a combined guitar and drum burst cuts in sharply just the once, the ripples continuing as the drums and bass come in fully, and then a guitar riff which has a wonderful Porcupine Tree feel to it, a considered, intricate guitar solo before a big noise of guitar riffs, a pause, feedback, the track takes off again and pounds through to its close.

Coercion begins with feedback which is allowed to flow out, the upbeat tempo to the beginning sounds restrained, then the drums let go, the bass rumbles, the guitar sound is noise rather than melody, the track calms a little before exploding with more noise, a thumping rhythm, the synth sound comes in sharply, it is pointed, the cymbals are crashing, drums roll in, heavy riffing, bass drum pounding, pounding, pounding. A voice in the crowd shouts out "awesome", and he is not wrong.

The sample intro to Saviour is cut into by the guitar with piercing, hard, heavy licks, big feedback, another epic sound, racing drums and bass, the guitar riffs over the top of that are deep, crunching in this big rocker of a track.

They close with Void, a slower start with the guitar echoing over the drums, more dynamic riffs as the track speeds up and then goes, a higher guitar sound picking out notes, circling, as the drums and bass keep us moving along, the track pauses before the drums take us off again, racing once more, loads of energy, the riffing guitar now giving more rythm than melody, then returns to picking notes. It's a heavy sound now, screeching guitar, intense, thumping wall of sound, a truly dramatic vocal performance from Matt, who has been animated throughout the set, and they throw out a false ending before picking up again faster than before to properly climax.

Speaking with Matt afterwards he said they were all really happy to be on the same bill as Pure Reason Revolution, and I do not think anyone in the audience will have been disappointed with them being on the bill. As a Porcupine Tree fan I am delighted to have encountered them and will be following them with great interest. You can catch them next at The Duke of Wellington in Lincoln on Saturday 28 March."

-by James Allen

Hey,

Just pointing you in the direction of my band and our new tracks we've finally uploaded. Feel free to say what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/kapoktheband

also while you're at it, please sign up and become a fan of us at road to v, slim chance but you can't blame a man for trying

http://www.roadtov.com/artists/kapok

Cheerz

DUUUUUDE YOURE IN KAPOK? :eek: You all go to ATM right? So do I:D

Editz: Also album preview thingy up - http://www.myspace.com/microchiptunes

Here's a nice detailed, in-depth review of our gig at The Cockpit supporting Pure Reason Revolution.

"I had checked out Industry on their MySpace page in advance and they sounded interesting, not least because all of their song titles seem only to be one word. They proved to be even more interesting in reality.

They opened with Echoes, appropriately with echoing guitar before the synth, then drums then bass came in, and it rocked off with much riffing and a heavy sound. Matt Benatan's synth was providing the melody, with Chris Core's guitar riffing below it, and the sound was good for them, except that Matt's vocals were coming across low in the mix and a little muffled - you could not fault him for the energy he was putting into them, though. The track builds until it bursts, more riffing before the guitar sound becomes spacey, echoing again, then another burst and Chris is riffing, melody from the synth, and this long opener explodes again with Matt's vocals screaming out as they head into a big finish. Powerful stuff, and after starting like that it was well worth mentioning the free cds which they had left under a poster Matt had made with a top grade marker pen from Wilkinsons - take the cds, just don't scuff the poster ! And before the end of their set all the cds had been taken.

Next up was Deeper, with a heavier start, thumping bass from Rob Harvey, massive drums from Adam Howlett, and they produced a very impressive rhythm section throughout the set. This was a shorter, sharper song, the vocals reminded me of Red Hot Chilli Peppers in their feel, big riffing in a track which was faster, harder, straighforward, breaking into feedback before hitting the guitar solo, the track then slowing but still heavy, before the drums take up the pace again, the vocals scream out and it ends.

A synth intro ripples out to take us into Sirens, before a combined guitar and drum burst cuts in sharply just the once, the ripples continuing as the drums and bass come in fully, and then a guitar riff which has a wonderful Porcupine Tree feel to it, a considered, intricate guitar solo before a big noise of guitar riffs, a pause, feedback, the track takes off again and pounds through to its close.

Coercion begins with feedback which is allowed to flow out, the upbeat tempo to the beginning sounds restrained, then the drums let go, the bass rumbles, the guitar sound is noise rather than melody, the track calms a little before exploding with more noise, a thumping rhythm, the synth sound comes in sharply, it is pointed, the cymbals are crashing, drums roll in, heavy riffing, bass drum pounding, pounding, pounding. A voice in the crowd shouts out "awesome", and he is not wrong.

The sample intro to Saviour is cut into by the guitar with piercing, hard, heavy licks, big feedback, another epic sound, racing drums and bass, the guitar riffs over the top of that are deep, crunching in this big rocker of a track.

They close with Void, a slower start with the guitar echoing over the drums, more dynamic riffs as the track speeds up and then goes, a higher guitar sound picking out notes, circling, as the drums and bass keep us moving along, the track pauses before the drums take us off again, racing once more, loads of energy, the riffing guitar now giving more rythm than melody, then returns to picking notes. It's a heavy sound now, screeching guitar, intense, thumping wall of sound, a truly dramatic vocal performance from Matt, who has been animated throughout the set, and they throw out a false ending before picking up again faster than before to properly climax.

Speaking with Matt afterwards he said they were all really happy to be on the same bill as Pure Reason Revolution, and I do not think anyone in the audience will have been disappointed with them being on the bill. As a Porcupine Tree fan I am delighted to have encountered them and will be following them with great interest. You can catch them next at The Duke of Wellington in Lincoln on Saturday 28 March."

-by James Allen

You guys need to send me more promo CD's and posters and send me info about glastonbudget. I've stirred quite an interest up here and if I can I may be able to get your CD played in a local nightclub!

So I just bounced the drums/guitars tracks for our demo disc from the studio comp to my harddrive. Basically this is 30 minutes of just distorted guitar bombast with my amps and guitars. So the drums are edited but i threw only a minuscule EQ on them so they would be easier to distinguish while tracking guitars. The guitars are not mixed (and no EQ or any of the jazz) or edited, so that will explain random bleed and stuff.

I used both a Unidyne American made SM57 and a Sennheiser MD421 on the guitars (both on the same speaker then blended them together). Right now both mics are at equal volume, when I mix I will probably pull the 57 up a little more, but probably not by much.

Here is what I used for guitars

Distortion...

Rhythm - Gibson LP Std. + Marshall JCM800 2205

Lead (or 2nd guitar) - G&L ASAT Classic + Marshall 6100 (EL34) -- ch 2.c

3rd guitar (2nd lead & some pm parts) - Gibson SG std. + H&K Duotone (KT77)

Cleans...

1st guitar - G&L on split p/u + 6100

2nd guitar - G&L on neck p/u + H&K duotone

All amps were running through my Mesa 212 recto cab (vintage 30s).

I didn't really use the duotone that much on these recordings. These tracks are a raw as you get. Enjoy.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/218p86

all the guitars are in mono (sorry). I think the only thing panned are the drums' overhead mics.

oh yeah, the kit was a pearl masters maple kit.

I am mainly posting this for all the gear heads (i know there are a lot here) to hear sexy ampage. Also, let me know what you think of the songs even though they are lacking piano, vocals, and bass.

You guys need to send me more promo CD's and posters and send me info about glastonbudget. I've stirred quite an interest up here and if I can I may be able to get your CD played in a local nightclub!

ooh!

Talking of Glastonbudget...

There are 65 more days left to get your tickets - day tix will be available shortly, but if you're coming for the weekend, now is the cheapest they'll be!!!

This is the link to buy:

http://www.glastonbudget.net/supportyourband?band=Industry

All the details about Glastonbudget can be found HERE

And Chris and Matt are the ones who deal with CD's - I'd harrass Chris if I were you ;)

Cheers for the help tho! Keep going! :D

ooh!

Talking of Glastonbudget...

There are 65 more days left to get your tickets - day tix will be available shortly, but if you're coming for the weekend, now is the cheapest they'll be!!!

This is the link to buy:

http://www.glastonbudget.net/supportyourband?band=Industry

All the details about Glastonbudget can be found HERE

And Chris and Matt are the ones who deal with CD's - I'd harrass Chris if I were you ;)

Cheers for the help tho! Keep going! :D

No prob! :D I'm getting my tickets on payday and I've got at least 5 people who are coming along!