I'm struggling to come up with an equivalent situation in which the supplier only gets paid if the shop sells enough to pay utilities/rent/wages first!

In my example, the supplier gets paid anyway, but will only be used again if the sales are any good. Sound business practice IMHO.

In the building trade we supply the materials and carry out the work, pay anybody we have working for us and don't usually see a penny until the job is complete, and even then sometimes you don't get paid... I guess it's a little bit like that.

There's a clear stain on my boxers that looks like grease from a wrights cheese and onion pasty after being microwaved inside a paper bag. That's how turned on I am. Only 50 minutes before I can get into my car and quickly rub one out whilst thinking of Phill's gorgeous balloon-knot.

There's a clear stain on my boxers that looks like grease from a wrights cheese and onion pasty after being microwaved inside a paper bag. That's how turned on I am. Only 50 minutes before I can get into my car and quickly rub one out whilst thinking of Phill's gorgeous balloon-knot.

Kit And Tab just got a new sexual high :LOL:

Can't get the bass on this recording to sound quite right, it just doesnt sit in the mix well.

Kit And Tab just got a new sexual high :LOL:

Can't get the bass on this recording to sound quite right, it just doesnt sit in the mix well.

what kind of music is it? have you tried sidechaining it to the drum bus?

multiband compression? hows it not fitting?

Its an old song that I wrote when in a 'melodic-punk' band, :LOL: although its based alot on a similar rythm pattern the whole way through, different chord variations though.

When the bass is based on being tight with the bass drum, the mix sounds empty, and when the bass is playing the rythm instead, it sounds too full or as if its too lead in the mix.

I've tried quietening the bass, but it just seems to become less bassy then I want it. I think I'll need to play around with the tone knobs.

If it helps for Artificial effect-tech guys, Im using Mixcraft 4.1.

In my example, the supplier gets paid anyway, but will only be used again if the sales are any good. Sound business practice IMHO.

Ah I didn't realise you got paid anyway - all the examples I've experienced have been a case of 'you get X% of the door after £X for sound/lights/etc'.

If you have arranged a fee and get that regardless, then it is only fair that you fulfil your end of the bargain!

In the building trade we supply the materials and carry out the work, pay anybody we have working for us and don't usually see a penny until the job is complete, and even then sometimes you don't get paid... I guess it's a little bit like that.

A little perhaps - my dad is self employed so I know all about waiting months and possibly not getting anything!

There is a difference though - you're not directly making money for anyone and there's no expectation for you to provide your services free!

When the bass is based on being tight with the bass drum, the mix sounds empty, and when the bass is playing the rythm instead, it sounds too full or as if its too lead in the mix.

I've tried quietening the bass, but it just seems to become less bassy then I want it. I think I'll need to play around with the tone knobs.

I think you need to EQ the low mids out of your kick drum!! Also, are you using compression on your master bus?