I know, I'm just saying that we made this song the way it is with the highest of intentions. If you want changing riffs and whatnot, subtle or not, listen to our old stuff. This is a simple pop song with a hypnotic quality to it.

Fair do's :) It does sound good and I would defo buy it if it had lyrics to it to keep me hooked :D

Cerpin, this isn't a critique as of yet, by the way, I was just entering into the discussion. I'll give it a listen, though.

No worries, it's fun to get reactions from people who are set in their ways. I'm not offended or anything, but I need to explain why we made it like we did.

Listen to our song Rapture on our MySpace as well, and you'll get why we made this a bit different :LOL:

No worries, it's fun to get reactions from people who are set in their ways. I'm not offended or anything, but I need to explain why we made it like we did.

Gave it a listen, and it works well. It's varied enough to be interesting and it still achieves the hypnotic quality you were after. It makes much more sense after a second listen.

I'm not set in my ways, as you've just proved to me. But it depends entirely on how someone goes about it, and 99 times out of 100, it seems that people fail miserably at what you attempted, and succeeded at.

Listen to our song Rapture on our MySpace as well, and you'll get why we made this a bit different :LOL:

I can see why you wanted to make a shorter track the other one is pretty intense! I'm far from set in my ways but I do like hearing lots of possibilities in my music. You've done a good job :)

Gave it a listen, and it works well. It's varied enough to be interesting and it still achieves the hypnotic quality you were after. It makes much more sense after a second listen.

I'm not set in my ways, as you've just proved to me. But it depends entirely on how someone goes about it, and 99 times out of 100, it seems that people fail miserably at what you attempted, and succeeded at.

Thanks, yeah. There are subtleties in there, that will only relveal themselves after a few listens. So that's recommended.

I can see why you wanted to make a shorter track the other one is pretty intense! I'm far from set in my ways but I do like hearing lots of possibilities in my music. You've done a good job :)

Yeah, don't misunderstand, I like to make stuff as varied as possible too, but that also made me see how far I could push going in the exact opposite way, while still keeping it listenable and accessible.

Wow.

I don't get it? Twas a pretty cool piece, but they didn't really have much stage presence. We tried stuff like that and people just get bored. This stuff makes awesome album tracks, but sucks live imho...We do write quite similar things to that, and it's good to know that it gets some attention - we just haven't managed to grab enough attention yet :D

Just 'cos they're not diving around like idiots doesn't mean you have stage presence, trust me, when you're stood there in front of them. Wow. It's only boring to people with no capacity to listen to music that doesn't musically beg for your attention, I guess.

Just 'cos they're not diving around like idiots doesn't mean you have stage presence, trust me, when you're stood there in front of them. Wow. It's only boring to people with no capacity to listen to music that doesn't musically beg for your attention, I guess.

i disagree, a good live band should demand attention and retain it.

if it loses your attention, it's dull. end of. i'm there at a show to be entertained, that wasn't an entertaining performance (though sounds cool from here).

two good examples of bands who just don't get live performance are battles and the mars volta.

Oh well preacher hath spoken. I completely disagree, I've seen some ridiculously introverted live bands, but they were fucking incredible. Who said ANYTHING about losing attention? I'll agree on The Mars Volta but not Battles.

battles got a bit repeatitive after a while.

i've also seen great introverted bands, but they had a way of retaining attention, that vid you posted i got bored of half way through, it did sound cool, but i did genuinely get bored of it.

yeah, that vid definitely had no presence about it! We don't dive all over the stage, but I'd like to think we're more involving than that performance. Afterall, playing live isn't JUST about playing the music imho - it's about entertaining the audience, mainly with your material, but you can't just stand still really (unless you're really REALLY good ;))

yeah, that vid definitely had no presence about it! We don't dive all over the stage, but I'd like to think we're more involving than that performance. Afterall, playing live isn't JUST about playing the music imho - it's about entertaining the audience, mainly with your material, but you can't just stand still really (unless you're really REALLY good ;))

I saw Beth Gibbons and Rustin Man in 2003, neither moved a lot, but the show was still the best I've ever seen.