It's the same number of syllables though to say it.

If someone managed to fuck up MWM worse than Motives with motives after hearing them for the first time I'd like to meet this person and give them a hearing aid.

In text it would be nice, but if I were on stage I think it would be easier to say the full name instead of an abbreviation that could be misheard and maybe hard to search for too (although that applies for text as well).

But then I've never been on stage so don't listen to what I'm saying.

Motions without Motives sounds better than MWM anyway. The acronym makes it sound like you're an insurance company or something.

Outside of the name chat here's my constructive criticism:

At the very least either have a stab at mixing it yourself or get literally anyone else on the planet to do it. At the moment there's not really any 'production' to speak of outside of the frankly baffling panning choices made by whatever lunatic you had do that mix. I've honestly never heard a track where literally nothing occupies any of the centre space. It's a demo so you obviously don't need it to be some professionally mastered gem but a better mix will at the very least make it easier to listen to. If you've got multitracks why not let the good people of KnT have a crack at it.

However, even if it is a demo and the production isn't quite up to snuff the performance from each person really should be. The drum fills are particularly ropey and really could use a bit more practice before hitting record. Same goes for the vocal: there's some fairly glaring tuning issues which need attention and the vocalist could really do with annunciating a lot more. What's the point of writing lyrics if you're going to mumble your way through them?

There is some potential though if you get things sorted - bit of a Nirvana-ish vibe or something. Definitely not dreadful for a first original so keep at it.

Edit:

EDIT: thought you meant I read Raurie's post

Totes stealing my ideas.

Motions without Motives sounds better than MWM anyway. The acronym makes it sound like you're an insurance company or something.

Outside of the name chat here's my constructive criticism:

At the very least either have a stab at mixing it yourself or get literally anyone else on the planet to do it. At the moment there's not really any 'production' to speak of outside of the frankly baffling panning choices made by whatever lunatic you had do that mix. I've honestly never heard a track where literally nothing occupies any of the centre space. It's a demo so you obviously don't need it to be some professionally mastered gem but a better mix will at the very least make it easier to listen to. If you've got multitracks why not let the good people of KnT have a crack at it.

However, even if it is a demo and the production isn't quite up to snuff the performance from each person really should be. The drum fills are particularly ropey and really could use a bit more practice before hitting record. Same goes for the vocal: there's some fairly glaring tuning issues which need attention and the vocalist could really do with annunciating a lot more. What's the point of writing lyrics if you're going to mumble your way through them?

There is some potential though if you get things sorted - bit of a Nirvana-ish vibe or something. Definitely not dreadful for a first original so keep at it.

Edit:

Totes stealing my ideas.

I just gave a summary of that to the other members. The guitarist (who produced it) basically wants to kill you :LOL:

Let's hope he does a better job at that than he did with the mix

Do you have the stem tracks?

:LOL:

I'm gonna give it a go myself (if he'll actually put them up :rolleyes:)

I think if I gave them here he'd be really pissed off at me :mad:

The guitarist is a fucking idiot then.

Listen to criticism, you'll learn something.

Hes just taking it personally.

I think if I gave them here he'd be really pissed off at me :mad:

Then he's even more stupid. Giving other people the chance to remix and upload their efforts opens it up to a wider audience, not only to those remixing but when those people upload their take on it anyone that follows them/is friends with them can listen and get introduced to the band

Then he's even more stupid. Giving other people the chance to remix and upload their efforts opens it up to a wider audience, not only to those remixing but when those people upload their take on it anyone that follows them/is friends with them can listen and get introduced to the band

He won't even give me the fucking tracks. His pissing me off now :mad: