<333334

that actually makes me want to go and practice guitar for once :facepalm: very nice!

sounds pretty cool in F#

i've always liked those earlier live recordings where they were tuned down a full step as well (sometimes even lower)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kbUTKQwbA6s#t=299s

You should be practising anyway James! Although these days I tend to count playing as practising when really I haven't actually properly practised in years :(

We tend to do a fair bit of stuff in F# actually because when I first took over singing I felt most comfortable in that key, but we should really get round to changing that now because my voice feels like its come on a bit since then. But I'm a bit reluctant because as you say, it does sound nice in F#, and I find that with a capo its a really nice key to solo in because the capo keeps the strings a bit tighter than just playing in E (if that makes sense).

Yeah good cover Al. You play real well and sing decently too.

Cheers Phill, always been a bit worried about my singing so thanks for the compliment.

Ok these are honestly the last two I'm going to post. I know you're probably all sick of them by now but I have a duty to self promote :phu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1gk2chrZWU&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEsV9RM2_lk&feature=plcp

I'm in love with the toan in the first video basically. I borrowed our bassists little Laney 15W valve amp. I laughed at him when he first suggested it, but its seriously good. Perfect for getting micced up, but obviously not so suitable otherwise. Seems fairly compatible with my Encore neck at least :awesome:

Less happy with the guitar in Lady Brown, simply because it was too loud and there was a tad too much gain. I would have remedied that beforehand but unfortunately I wasn't getting much out of the monitors. Not too bad though, I'll just remember to check next time.

Anyway, there are a few more videos of our original stuff that I haven't uploaded, but I know you're probably all bored of it so I'll leave them be :happy:

Sounds awesome. I would say the guitar sounds a little... Fake? I dunno, sounds like a solid state amp :LOL:

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Funny that you say that. :LOL:

The lead guitar was:

Epiphone DOT >

Boss ME-50 (For delay and distortion, was just easier to get working than using the big muff pi clone I have, compressed heaps here and a bit of noise suppression) >

Marshall MG100 HDFX Head (no joke, not anyone's first choice but meh) >

Epifani UL 210 Bass Cab (cause it made it sound less like a MG than it should have by this point) >

Rode NT-1A Mic (Get a hold of this mic if you want a mic that will do everything alright, especially vocals and acoustics) >

Behringer X2222 USB Board (compressed the signal to shit here).

It was really all we had at our disposal. We were going to use a Hiwatt combo amp but it was way too noisy. We couldn't get a hold of anything else for guitars.

Edited by Crowella

The thing with business cards is that they need to be simple and memorable. That may be too busy. That design will look nice on a card and fits the music theme but may be expensive to print and a bit hard to recognise against a bunch of other cards, especially since 'The Tenants' doesn't stand out immediately.

Just make sure the relevant info is on the back including the band name again in clean and clear writing. Maybe look at other business cards for examples?

So yeah summary. Looks great but I wouldn't. I get minimalist at times like this but whatever floats your boat. It is leaps above a lot of other cards I see and get so it's in with a chance. Just go for a design that will stand out in a wallet or pile of cards.

Not hating either. Better than my skills and marketing with my bands. :LOL:

LOL I forgot about that scene and I watched parts of American Psycho last night :LOL:

Babe you've shattered my confidence :(

But no I get you, you may have a point. GHNHG fuck being sensible.

I didn't want to shatter your confidence. Bbz ;)

That design type would work wonders for posters/websites/other promo and that skill might save you a bit with self promotion. Business cards are all about, erm... business and for some reason require more thought than they should (same as logo's). They have to compete against others. That is what makes them a bitch.

I should make some when I get a chance. I just realised I missed my class cause I was writing this. Oh well :LOL:

Just have the card double sided and a simpler side with the name and contact info on the back

The anally retentive will say detail of some sort is needed on both sides or none. What Dom said is the easy option out if you want to keep the design and what I would recommend with the current design (I said something like that last post)

Branding. So corporate.

Guest Batman.
I'm gonna quote this because its awesome and took me a whole morning to do.

It's very good babes. The main thing I've noticed about your band though is that I really do like your drummer's dress sense.