We had technology problems today also. I got your curse Al. :(

Tried recording on the tablet PC instead plugged into the desk to try the DI and microphone combo on my amp instead of direct into the board. I'm not sure if I am happy with the sound of the bass just yet but it's better than the lifeless plug in board method. I need to work on microphone placement and a few other things. Sample below, just raw, unmixed single tracks for guitar, drums and bass.

We also need to record the individual snare hits. Otherwise, we are content with the electric kit for now. Guitar might be fine with some EQ/VST, seems to lack a little bit in the depth and maybe a tad high. Bass well, like I said, not sure.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/adamcrowell1990/ikari-sample[/soundcloud]

Well, the problem I found with mobile devices like the iPad and my tablet is that it lacks the processing when monitoring the audio, meaning that timing was becoming difficult since it would hop out a tiny bit then hop back in. Will do fine for the cover comp and other things but I think it'll chug too much once the layers start piling on and we increase the recording quality.

May be time for a Mac. Doing the other band stuff on a MacBook in a studio and it's been holding up quite well to work on. No major spits. :happy:

Yeah that was my concern with using an iPad. It was brought along as a last resort but I think once the recordings start getting too complicated it just wont keep us as well.

We use a Mac with Pro Tools to do most of our recording and it handles it like a beast (when it actually works at all).

Beast being a good thing.

Guest Batman.

Jamie that's horrible :eek: did it get re-attached?

Oh and I thought this would be the best place to ask -

A band that I was part of have been getting together and doing covers and stuff for about a year now for prom, and now prom's over the singers and I are thinking about doing acoustic gigs in our area. Where do we start?

A band that I was part of have been getting together and doing covers and stuff for about a year now for prom, and now prom's over the singers and I are thinking about doing acoustic gigs in our area. Where do we start?

See if Doncaster has a musicians group on Facebook. Lots of pubs and clubs post in those looking for bands etc.

And also do some open mic nights, get seen.

And if not, go into pubs and clubs and ask if they do band nights. If they do, give them your details.

Profit?

Guest Batman.
See if Doncaster has a musicians group on Facebook. Lots of pubs and clubs post in those looking for bands etc.

And also do some open mic nights, get seen.

And if not, go into pubs and clubs and ask if they do band nights. If they do, give them your details.

Profit?

This is exactly what I was looking for, cheers Alex!

Urgh, this finger talk reminds me of a customer that came into work the other week

He came in with this huge cast over his arm, so we (me and coworker) asked what he had done, and apparently he works on roofing stuff, fell off and broke stuff in his arm so they had to put metal bolts in

That's not the nasty bit

Apparently these metal bolts were then incorrectly placed or something so started rubbing into the tendons in his arm and broke them

bluuuuuuuuuurgh