what are the lyrics? and more importantly, tabs? :awesome:

Dominic its your birthday. The music and lyrics are both improv. so I'm probably going out of tune at an enormous rate. Still doesn't take away from the fact its your birthday.

I can call you goat-man because now you are 18, you're goat-man. Dominic please.....

Music wise I don't know how to play piano, I just know some shapes which sound good plus its badly out of tune :LOL:

Just finished recording this demo of our new song. Rough instrumental only atm - by no means a completed song yet. The tone sounds a lot better live - I cant seem to get a good recording with this karaoke mic:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/blockade-2/dont-shoot-the-messenger-rough[/soundcloud]

If you're wondering about the count-in right at the end, it's because live we go straight into another one of our songs, here's a really rough recording of that:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/blockade-2/destroy-the-killer[/soundcloud]

Edited by Lord MFC

Just finished recording this demo of our new song. Rough instrumental only atm - by no means a completed song yet. The tone sounds a lot better live - I cant seem to get a good recording with this karaoke mic:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/blockade-2/dont-shoot-the-messenger-rough[/soundcloud]

If you're wondering about the count-in right at the end, it's because live we go straight into another one of our songs, here's a really rough recording of that:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/blockade-2/destroy-the-killer[/soundcloud]

Sososo Musey. Tight drummer though! Also, that little riff that begins at 2:33 on the first track... swear it's a riff that Bells did on the SMBH solo a few times :erm:

Second track's riff is cool but ye gotta tighten up

edit: oh, wait, is that actually your drummer or a drum machine?

Sososo Musey. Tight drummer though! Also, that little riff that begins at 2:33 on the first track... swear it's a riff that Bells did on the SMBH solo a few times :erm:

Second track's riff is cool but ye gotta tighten up

edit: oh, wait, is that actually your drummer or a drum machine?

All midi apart from the guitars. So it's only 'me' playing. But those are the real drum lines...

And it could be, if it is then shit fuck. I have re written 2 riffs before that we've now dumped. So irritating. It's usually things I havent played for ages that have been locked into my subconscious I think. But I dont think that riff is from SMBH?

Edited by Lord MFC

All midi apart from the guitars. But those are the real drum lines...

And it could be, if it is then shit fuck. I have re written 2 riffs before that we've now dumped. So irritating. It's usually things I havent played for ages that have been locked into my subconscious I think. But I dont think that riff is from SMBH?

Ohh. I'd like to hear your drummer play them.

It is, or really similar anyway

Ohh. I'd like to hear your drummer play them.

It is, or really similar anyway

Just had a look through a load of solos - I cant find it... link?

edit: It's similar, not the same! 2:40 -

I might change it still though, it sounds too much like it. Edited by Lord MFC

only thing I would say is the first track sounds like 4 different songs in one, not sure if thats good or bad

I'd say the same, it just sounds like a collection of riffs.

It's because it's composed up of loads of different riffs and ideas I had knocking about never took off into a full song... I kinda agree. Not sure if I like that or hate that about it.

Halfway through the first one. Definitely bits that remind me of Muse and Biffy, I think you know which bits. I like them though

Cheers :) They are two of my 3 favorite bands, so that's probably why :LOL:

And the second one's riff is the piece of work I'm most proud of, ever. That riff is like my prise possession.

I barely ever post in here much, but here is an original song of mine, it's like an experiment using guitars, strings and dubstep-y beats. (I actually recorded this as a sort of 'what Muse might come up with' when I heard they might be experimenting with dubstep, but I'd recorded it before the clip of 'Unsustainable' was revealed in the trailor).

I'm influenced heavily by Muse, Coldplay, Radiohead, Biffy, Placebo and Enter Shikari and i'm into using heavy riffs, electronics and synths in songs. What do you guys reckon?

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/aaron-richard-smith/do-your-own-thing[/soundcloud]

Haha probably not that evident in that song, I write alot of stuff on Piano that is quite mellow and inherits a sort of Coldplay/Radiohead's Pyramid Song style.

Yeah, it's a mix of pre-set snare samples, me hitting various lids of boxes in my room for sounds, sometimes the kick drum sounds weak but my friend who plays drums, (who is the guitarist in a band with me) is going to head into a studio to do some drum takes and is going to take some of my stuff in to drum over, which should be cool and so helpful!