Tuning sounded ok to me Longan. For someone who complains about saturated tone on other videos/covers then Jamie is really not one to talk, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt due to his lack of proper recording equipment (but not really)

What bugs me is the incorrect tab for the riff

I worked it out by ear so the riff may be a little off... Where am I going wrong?

And honestly, in the room that tone sounds so much better. A £10 singstar mic isn't very good...

To be honest I don't think it's the mic that's the problem though

And can you not hear it? Basically the little doodly bit in the main riff on the D string is 16-17-16 not what you're doing

EDIT: I imagine it's your FF but it sounds like the kind of sound I get when I get my muff on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu6qLUL2xug&feature=g-upl

lololo moar SS. But in the pre0chorus bits, that kind of sound

why not check guitar tabs to match up what you're playing? Might explain why your new born riff was off.

I do have to compliment him though for trying to work them out himself rather than just read a tab. I've been trying to do that more recently as I imagine it's better to train your ear with and whatnot

Still doesn't change the fact that he didn't get it quite right :LOL:

I don't believe the worked it out by ear bullshit...no offence. It's mostly okay but the riff is wrong and an MBK3 into a DSL creates an awesome SS tone so you didn't need the fuzz.

I did work it out by ear. And I prefer the FF than the distortion channel on the 401

why not check guitar tabs to match up what you're playing? Might explain why your new born riff was off.

Because I prefer to use my ear. It creates the better musician if you can work stuff out by ear, and it's more of a challenge... I used a tab for hod's MK solo though, even though I fucked it up :LOL: I thought my New Born riff was fine apart from the Bb diminished chord?

I do have to compliment him though for trying to work them out himself rather than just read a tab. I've been trying to do that more recently as I imagine it's better to train your ear with and whatnot

Still doesn't change the fact that he didn't get it quite right :LOL:

Basically this, and Dom I do play it 15-16-15. Whoops.

I guess I should really use tabs, but I find it also sticks in more if I work it out. Anyway I thought it was fairly solid. My New Born one was better though :LOL:

And the FF does have a really nice sound irl. I should try placing the Mic further away or use two.

I did work it out by ear. And I prefer the FF than the distortion channel on the 401

From what I've heard your amp is apparently decent? Surely with that and your Mansion you must find some suitable tone? I don't think the dirty FF tone works for the verse at all

I thought my New Born riff was fine apart from the Bb diminished chord?

Nope, I think we pointed it out as well. Instead of working your way up the frets you did something like 2-2-2-2-5-2-5-2-7-7-7-...etc.

Basically this, and Dom I do play it 15-16-15. Whoops.

There we go

I guess I should really use tabs, but I find it also sticks in more if I work it out.

Definitely sticks out more

MFC can do it, so I can too :phu:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/crystallettuce/n00born[/soundcloud]

the intro sounded a LOT better before I exported it. fml.

not really happy with the solo, but i gave up after a few (several) tries

DL-1 > DSL 50 > attenuator/load box line out > interface > cubase with recabinet 3 (I also EQ'd the sound a fair bit)

http://www.backintownbluesband.nl/

Cd's : 1.live at Get Rhythm

2.Dutch delta blues

Playing covers (Johnny Winter, Buddy Guy)mixed with their own music.

Next gig will be at Hippiefestival Gorinchem The Netherlands 8 july

They are headliners on sunday with Jimi Hendrix covers.

Please check YouTube BACK IN TOWN, be sure to add blues, otherwise you can't find them.

Edited by Zwiet78

Ok,

Time to Start a fresh!!!!!

But lets try and keep it a lil more organised :p

This time let have

Band name -Followed by url/site addy

And then list of songs?

Ok lets go!

----------------------------------------------------

Ki Kame - www.ki-kame.com

here are some short samples of our stuff.

[] Preacher

[] A Guernican Relation

---------------------------------------------------

Lets try an keep em all like this. Its just easier to see stuff.

AHhhhh tiz up to yourselves :p

Think i misunderstood??.

James, is that backing track the same as mine?

And awesome tone.

Thanks, I'm pretty impressed by these speaker simulators. Highly recommended. Can't go wrong. etc

Only thing is that the amp sounds NOTHING like that in real life!

and yeah, I think. I got that one off muselive from what I remember.