A sober gig is a wasted gig :awesome:

But is a drunk gig also a wasted gig?* ;)

Finally got an acoustic gig in about two weeks and without auditioning for it like they wanted us to (which is odd, maybe they know we're good?) :LOL: First one with the new band, should hopefully go really well. An afternoon gig at a café on the corner next to my work. Planning to bring a decent sized crowd.

So desperate to get my upright for it. Would be nice to play some bowed goodness and fit in with the HIPSTER crowd. :LOL:

*Never been able to drink before/during a gig. Every gig I have done I have had to drive at least an hour to play or it was a super uptight festival where sniffer dogs went through each of your guitar and bass cases, leaving mud on your gear and everything in your car. True story.

Edited by Crowella

MA2-FF-Whammy-DL4-my teacher's micro cube-his DI box-Cubase 5...

yeah, I had decided to do that about 3 mins before the take... It's pretty much perfect now (that cover was a week ago)

what's his DI box?

sounds good though. congratulations on perfecting the Bb dim chord.

What's the problem?

it just sounds.... bad. I have the line out from my amp going into this, and it's just really fizzy sounding. there's a level control on both the amp and the DI box (so I don't think anything's clipping), but it just sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVC6JK8OpVA

trollface.jpg

well, maybe a bit worse than that. maybe like a distortion pedal turned full up going into a computer :facepalm:

Is good Jamie, although the tone's almost a bit too compressed for me... It needs to be FREEEEEYAAAAAA

That's the micro cube - sounded different through that than my marshall...

And James what DI box do you use? I dont really know how to fix it

You might need speaker emulation.

i was thinking that could be it. i'm using a $40 tube DI (yeah i know) but it sounds the same when plugged into my interface. is there anything i should check out in particular?

That's the micro cube - sounded different through that than my marshall...

And James what DI box do you use? I dont really know how to fix it

art tube MP (which is actually a mic preamp i think, but i was told it can be used as a DI)

and it sounds a hell of a lot better than what mine sounds like!

i was thinking that could be it. i'm using a $40 tube DI (yeah i know) but it sounds the same when plugged into my interface. is there anything i should check out in particular?

art tube MP (which is actually a mic preamp i think, but i was told it can be used as a DI)

and it sounds a hell of a lot better than what mine sounds like!

You definitely need speaker emulation then. Just look into various software like Guitar Rig and all that.

But is a drunk gig also a wasted gig?* ;)

Finally got an acoustic gig in about two weeks and without auditioning for it like they wanted us to (which is odd, maybe they know we're good?) :LOL: First one with the new band, should hopefully go really well. An afternoon gig at a café on the corner next to my work. Planning to bring a decent sized crowd.

So desperate to get my upright for it. Would be nice to play some bowed goodness and fit in with the HIPSTER crowd. :LOL:

*Never been able to drink before/during a gig. Every gig I have done I have had to drive at least an hour to play or it was a super uptight festival where sniffer dogs went through each of your guitar and bass cases, leaving mud on your gear and everything in your car. True story.

Surely you can drink at a festival?!

Double post, so STFU

My other band has been recording, Oddly enough, I didn't actually participate in the recording, not as if the bass was difficult. First time I heard the song was when he was mid way through recording it. Just saved studio time.

Edited by Crowella

Oh I thought it was a Falling Down cover to start with.

In my defence I came up with this intro before I heard Falling Down. I'm trying to come up with something to replace it but nothing that could equal it has come up yet.

Failbucket resized it :(

And yes he does, he likes that kind of thing. I told you, he's like you :LOL:

You mistake me for someone who listens to shit like that. I only listen to quality :phu:

Note: Never listened to WSS but I imagine they're the kind of band pricks listen to

not that I'm saying your drummer is a prick, he is me after all