Even sounds less Muse and more Oceansize/Amplifier. But I really like it.

EDIT: Listened to the entire thing. That was grand and better than most selfplugged bands around here. Queen of Hearts was some epic shit. I'll get back to this sometime and see if I can buy this.

Very promising, hope this expands and becomes one of the recognized acts of the future.

Edited by Carbo

• 2 weeks later...

Had a gig last night, went pretty good, we arranged everything ourselves and there was a big band playing in a vanue nearby so we were really not expecting too mucht people, but still w got a good 200 :) which is a really good amount for bands our size.

As I said, gig went pretty nicely, recordings were made I believe, will see if I can get my hands on it.

Both that and it was our first proper gig with a new bandmember on keys.

That and we're getting a better view as to where we want to go with our music, we played Rise Against, The Killers, Muse, Editors and white lies and stuff, pretty random.

We'll probably drop the Rise Against stuff, as I play guitar and sing and those song are too exhausting and you're stuck to the mic the whole time.

But we're attracted to synths and stuff too actually, might buy a Korg R3 or something.

Anyway, might be able to FINALLy show something of my own band.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, these are the last two songs ever from my college band. give 'em a listen

produced and engineered by myself

mixed and mastered by Beau from Saosin.

I dime'd my Oranges to track those guitar parts. Pretty gnarly guitar tones.

I am also heavily considering doing a limited pressing to 7" vinyl.

Hey guys, these are the last two songs ever from my college band. give 'em a listen

produced and engineered by myself

mixed and mastered by Beau from Saosin.

I dime'd my Oranges to track those guitar parts. Pretty gnarly guitar tones.

I am also heavily considering doing a limited pressing to 7" vinyl.

the vocals seem a bit quiet on Sirens.. to me at least...? otherwise the mix sounds pretty good. not my style of music though haha

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my cover band doing Under Pressure by Queen/David Bowie.

There are no real amps on this recording. The Bass is a Musicman Stingray V into a POD and all of the guitars are done by me with my Suhr guitar and my AxeFX Ultra. I did two tracks with an AC30 sound and then laid and additional track of a Plexi (I call it Plex Luther) plus the solo, which was also the Plexi sound with the Midboost preamp on my Suhr engaged a little bit.

Enjoy.

JT

that would be awesome. SD is my favorite album of all times.

what type of fuzz are you gonna use? ive found that fuzz face into a big muff can get some great SD tones. also, keep tone at 1 o-clock on the BMP for that sound

Perhaps unsurprisingly I'm recording parts on a click and layering them.

Different woods and p/ups. Fuck knows how it will turn out.

Unsurprisingly my drumming is ULTRAMEGASHIT