:awesome:

I play the drums in a metal band called Raivola.

We "already" (for a young band) have recorded one demo at the famous Astia Studio in Finland, and we will soon record an EP.

We are influenced by such bands as Sepultura, Machine Head, Slayer, Soulfy, Fear Factory, and so on...

From our myspace you can check out the three songs from our demo-album entitled "#1".

The songs are called I Hate, Free Doom Of Speech and R.F.J..

Check us out! :)

Raivola's myspace page.

:awesome:

I play the drums in a metal band called Raivola.

We "already" (for a young band) have recorded one demo at the famous Astia Studio in Finland, and we will soon record an EP.

We are influenced by such bands as Sepultura, Machine Head, Slayer, Soulfy, Fear Factory, and so on...

From our myspace you can check out the three songs from our demo-album entitled "#1".

The songs are called I Hate, Free Doom Of Speech and R.F.J..

Check us out! :)

Raivola's myspace page.

Seriously, a metal band from Scandanavia? Who'd a thunk it?:D

JT;)

Hey hey! I'm the frontman of Chromatones, a 5-piece alt. rock band based in Southampton. Our debut EP will be out soon and we've just put a preview track up, 'Snap', on our MySpace, so head on over to http://www.myspace.com/chromatonesuk to check it out! Would be great to see some of you guys at our shows too! We're playing with InMe's Dave McPherson acoustically on the 10th April (which I am tremendously excited about being a huge InMe fan myself!) and are currently sorting out dates for after our EP launch!

Several months ago a contact of mine hooked me up to do a remix for Owl City (I haven't been here for a while but I can guess you all love them;)) and there was money involved and it had the potential to be a bonus track on the album. Anyway, they didn't like it so here's what I did..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB67uYnYIMA

I also did a progressive house version but that one sucked, even more :rolleyes:

yo the_man and ADAM - I didn't realise your gig was this weekend, and just checked back. My mate's in Dublin so i'd have to drive, which if you knew me would be a laughabble statement. Have a great gig fiends (I still listen to your CD in the car).

yo the_man and ADAM - I didn't realise your gig was this weekend, and just checked back. My mate's in Dublin so i'd have to drive, which if you knew me would be a laughabble statement. Have a great gig fiends (I still listen to your CD in the car).

aw shame, no worries okie!

Hey hey! I'm the frontman of Chromatones, a 5-piece alt. rock band based in Southampton. Our debut EP will be out soon and we've just put a preview track up, 'Snap', on our MySpace, so head on over to http://www.myspace.com/chromatonesuk to check it out! Would be great to see some of you guys at our shows too! We're playing with InMe's Dave McPherson acoustically on the 10th April (which I am tremendously excited about being a huge InMe fan myself!) and are currently sorting out dates for after our EP launch!

like your music!

Fall of Industry guys, my University (Bishop Grosseteste in Lincoln) is putting on its annual music festival in early May and we're looking for some bands to play. My band have decided we'll do a 30 minute slot but we want to know if you guys would be interested in playing. You can sell all your Merc there, EPs if you have them and you'll get a great amount of publicity for yourselves. I have no ideas how much you guys would want to be paid (or possibly could be by our su) but we could talk over E-mail if you want? I'll send the_man361 my Uni E-mail in a message so maybe we could sort something out?

probably i shouldn't critique anything yet because i am still rocking the 2 bar loops and try to get through the 400 page user guide of reaper but i would did something to the drums on the the parts without wobwob (verses?) i hated the sound of the kick, it had no low end on my headphone but it had a strong high frequency attack. i have a feeling that since my HD555's low end is not to great, my mixes would be bass heavy on other systems but i don't know.

anyways, how to do those seemingly random (it sounds synced, but at different tempos) LFO speeds on the cutoff freq. knob?

Edited by Don'tPostThePear

probably i shouldn't critique anything yet because i am still rocking the 2 bar loops and try to get through the 400 page user guide of reaper but i would did something to the drums on the the parts without wobwob (verses?) i hated the sound of the kick, it had no low end on my headphone but it had a strong high frequency attack. i have a feeling that since my HD555's low end is not to great, my mixes would be bass heavy on other systems but i don't know.

anyways, how to do those seemingly random (it sounds synced, but at different tempos) LFO speeds on the cutoff freq. knob?

It's an 808 kick, but I often put a high pass filter on because I like to use sine waves to fill out the bass, but it's at 80Hz at most, so yeah, could be your headphones as the 808 kick doesn't lack in bass at all! I've not heard it through a big system yet though.

The distorted synths have all sorts going on, only parts of it is the LFO rate changing :)

http://soundcloud.com/dontpostthepear/blah

Ok, so here's my first stuff which is longer than 2 marsbars. Not much more musical content though, I did it only for mastering critique, so i didn't spend too much time on the musical side of the things. So it is short which is good.

I find that crash in the middle really shitty but somehow i left it in.

My first question is that, what gives the overall shitty aura of the track? Too compressed? Shit instrument tones? Track is too empty? (i could insert some background noises and/or pads but i still have to learn a lot of about them so i think i couldn't come up with any bearable stuff and i don't want to use presets from Kore)

Anyways is there any producing/mastering/mixing thread?