e|---------------------------------|------------------------------------|

B|---------------------------------|------------------------------------|

G|---------------------------------|------------------------------------|

D|---------------------------------|------------------------------------|

A|-----------------------------6-6-|------------------------------------|

D|-0-0-3-0-4-0-3-0--0-3-0-6-6------|0-0-3-0-4-0-3-0-3*-3*-0-3*-3*-|

* = harmonic

Are any of these accurate ?

change the 4's in the tabbed version into 5's and I'd play 6's on DAD on the last 4 notes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bl44t44p

You mean that "woosh"-sound, especially in the solo? Or just his guitar sound (I suppose just his Fuzz Factory) :confused:

Edit: there is only some kinda strange effect (solo) when playing live (I listened to the Glastonbury recording). So I think you just mean his fuzz sound, and that's his Zvex Fuzz Factory in his guitar.. I guess :)

er no, you get he woosh sound by er 'muting' from the 3rd fret to the 12th in the space with the drums introduction, i mean just the general sound of the riff, i cant get my guitar to sound like it, would it just be different pickups, or strings or somehthing like that

Guest Bl44t44p

Ah, well read my edit, with the whoosh sound I mean that sound on the Glastonbury-recording.

However, as I said, it is a fuzzy distortion (Zvex Fuzz Factory) :)

The whoosh sound is from a phaser. On the recording he used the Jim Dunlop Phase 90 built into his Silver, Black and Laser guitars. Live he uses something on his Line 6 Mod Pro rack unit.

The best way to get the sound for SS is to turn the volume up really high on a valve amp with not that much distortion (Matt never actually uses buckets of distortion, even on their heaviest songs).

He doesn't actually use the Fuzz Factory that much...I'm not sure if he uses it on SS or not. It doesn't sound especially fuzzy to me.

The whoosh sound is from a phaser. On the recording he used the Jim Dunlop Phase 90 built into his Silver, Black and Laser guitars. Live he uses something on his Line 6 Mod Pro rack unit.

The best way to get the sound for SS is to turn the volume up really high on a valve amp with not that much distortion (Matt never actually uses buckets of distortion, even on their heaviest songs).

YAY! thanx for that, ill go try it!! :happy:

Guest Bl44t44p
not too sure what u mean, ill go listen to it again...

It's in the solo (3:45). But that has nothing to do with his distortion effect.

You can buy yourself a Zvex Fuzz Factory to get the sound, but it's a bit expensive :D

Your all wrong.

Distorted guitar (I presume through his Diezal) combined with a synth going through a wah pedal in a computer programme called Kyma (I think its this, I know of no others that can do what this does).

Live I think he just uses amp distortion, it doesn't sound very FF like at all

I thinks it just the fourth channel of the HEad unit. Which is supposed to be a heavy channel that "compresses more than three, retains definition to a large degree, and just shreds with big bass and strong high end. It is smooth distortion, creamy but authoritive. Very Loud."

Doubt it's the fuzz. Don't see why he can't just play with a clean sound for once.

Haze is more likely to be right, he actually has a Zvex Fuzz...

I always assumed that he used the Phase 90...that was a remarkably compliacted thing to do to get a sound which sounds quite like a phase 90...which he has...in his guitar...maybe I should listen to it again.

I got the amp distortion bit right...

:'(

Haze is more likely to be right, he actually has a Zvex Fuzz...

I always assumed that he used the Phase 90...that was a remarkably compliacted thing to do to get a sound which sounds quite like a phase 90...which he has...in his guitar...maybe I should listen to it again.

I got the amp distortion bit right...

:'(

Sounds like an autowah to me :confused: A Phase90 can't go that slow from what I remember, I believed it to be the sweep delay on the DL-4 or Echo Pro or whatever he uses now

I think early this year he was using the fuzz factory for ss because in BDO when he plays SS he uses the silver and the way his guitar sounded was exactly when he played new born (using the silver as well) and i know for a fact he uses the FF on that song live. Now i think he just uses amp dist for SS.

Sounds like an autowah to me :confused: A Phase90 can't go that slow from what I remember, I believed it to be the sweep delay on the DL-4 or Echo Pro or whatever he uses now
I always have played it on a Phase 90 with the speed down to the bottom, sounds exactly like my memory of the song. Maybe it's a poor memory.

Archived