Stockholm Syndrome (definitive thread)

Alysum

Has any one worked out the piano part in the chorus in Stockholm Syndrome it sounds like arpegious.
It sounds like it's a synth construction to me, rather than a real piano part.

But if anyone HAS worked it out, I'd love it too... to look at and know I'll never be able to play it that fast, probably

I don't see why you'd want to buy all this stuff just to have the perfect tone for Stockholm Syndrome, I'm happy with using the effects on my Line 6 Spider 2, might not be exact but I'm fine with it.

ha i was just coming back onto this thread to say (may have already been said)...i find it really fun to play with spider 2 112 amp on insane green distortion and put on flange at its most min setting (first thing u activate on the modulation control)....bridge humbucker - get massive feedback and then let rip! awesome to play

yeh, one 12inch speaker. just played it again just now. its not recreating the sound, but just produced a cool sound to play.

i might be playing stockholme syndrome at the live music stand during the big societies fair at my year this septemeber (singing and guitar). first rockish concert for moi actually! wish me luck

• 1 month later...

the tab for the chorus in the tab book is for the piano cos matt doesnt play any guitar. live he just plays open chords... i do:

E ||--1--0--1--1--

B ||--1--2--3--3--

G ||--2--2--2--3--

D ||--3--2--0--3--

A ||-----0--------

E ||--------------

so in order, the chords are F, A/C#, Dm, Bb5

it goes:

F - 2 bars

A/C# - 2 bars

Dm - 4 bars

second time around

F - 2 bars

A/C# - 2 bars

Dm - 2 bars

Bb5 - 2 bars

Hope that helps!

the tab for the chorus in the tab book is for the piano cos matt doesnt play any guitar. live he just plays open chords... i do:

E ||--1--0--1--1--

B ||--1--2--3--3--

G ||--2--2--2--3--

D ||--3--2--0--3--

A ||-----0--------

E ||--------------

so in order, the chords are F, A/C#, Dm, Bb5

it goes:

F - 2 bars

A/C# - 2 bars

Dm - 4 bars

second time around

F - 2 bars

A/C# - 2 bars

Dm - 2 bars

Bb5 - 2 bars

Hope that helps!

thanks so much, i luv you :p

• 2 weeks later...

How does matt achieve such a 'chunky' tone while playing stockholm syndrome live, if you listen to it live and then the cd you'll find that the live version, is much heavier than the recording, i was wondering how does he achive this, the only suggesition i can come up with is that he is slightly palm muting, but it doesn't seem to work, please help, anything would be greatly appreciated

I'm not completely convinced he uses the FF for the song live... it could be the distortion channel on his diezel amp. Reason I suspect this is if you listen to the Glastonbury performance he seems to change the amp channel because you hear a really loud feedback sound just before he starts playing the riff - similar to at the start of Citizen Erased where he obviously uses amp distortion because the 7-string manson doesn't have a built-in FF

Archived