musestu

Futurism Discussion Thread

I love Futurism, definately one of the best b-sides. It's just so...cool. *mad describing skillz here folks*

I want to be japanese to have Futurism on the album :LOL: I love the guitar at the beginning :\mm/: Maybe the heaviest muse's song :yesey: (1,000,000 times more than Stockholm Syndrome or Execution Commentary, i think :happy: )

Great B-side,with an awesome bassline.Pretty sure though there's another Futurism thread but too lazy to search for it:LOL:.

Hello everybody :) I have two questions about Futurism

1) Is it a B-side? Because it came with the itunes download of origin of symmetry, but I think I remember that it wasn't a track that was actually on the disk or something...

2) Has anybody seen any good live videos of it? I think it has a sweet bassline but when I searched for some on youtube I couldn't find any. It seems like it would be really cool live.

1.It is a B-side,but was on included on the Japanese version of OOS.

2.It has only been performed once,the live version is called Spectrum,it's terrible:chuckle:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqwEZF8SDvo

Well I'm going to watch that video now... I wish they would perform it, that bass gets me every time.

I'm glad it came with my download of OOS. Its pretty epic.

Thanks for the response :)

Well I'm going to watch that video now... I wish they would perform it, that bass gets me every time.

I'm glad it came with my download of OOS. Its pretty epic.

Thanks for the response :)

I doubt they would perform it live since Matt can't hit the high notes in Futurism,but I would love it if they were to make a live jam out of Futurism with that bassline:awesome:.You're welcome :D,have fun listening to it.

I doubt they would perform it live since Matt can't hit the high notes in Futurism,but I would love it if they were to make a live jam out of Futurism with that bassline:awesome:.You're welcome :D,have fun listening to it.

He's got a better voice now, they could probably pull it off... There's no chance though. Shame.

I didnt have futurism on my OOS so I bought it off itunes. The most underrated Muse song. Ever.

Hardly.

Little bit of a necro but I don't give a damn.

Everyone says the song was performed once in 2000 and once in 2013. I have reasons to believe that Futurism may have been performed up to eight times total.

Think about it for a second; the only 2000 performance we know of is from Reading 2000. That was August 25, 2000. Now, the surrounding six gigs from August 19 - 27 have either no known setlist or only a partially known setlist. It's possible Futurism could have been played at any of these six gigs.

While I don't think it was played at all six, I wouldn't be surprised if they played it at least two or three times at these gigs.

All I care is that it's part of this year's Christmas Present. Would be cool if in years to come we found another live bootleg of it though. Hope it makes a live return this tour.

I kind of do. Similar thing happened with HT&ILY

If a band plays a song and no one can confirm it, does the band actually play it?

If a band plays a song and no one can confirm it, does the band actually play it?

Nearly fell off my chair :LOL:

That you Jaden? :LOL:

Thank you so much for the Muse 2014 Holiday Gift, it always makes my best Christmas present for the year!!! Merry Christmas and hope to see you guys soon!!!

Heaps of LOVE!