Okay you guys are really gonna have to get over this whole Twilight thing cause like it or not muse are twilight fans as well

http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilight-Examiner~y2009m7d19-Muse-fans-may-not-like-it-but-their-band-will-be-on-the-New-Moon-soundtrack

Quote:

In any case, New Moon's director Chris Weitz, told the L.A. Times recently that the soundtrack will indeed have Muse as one of its feature artists (alongside Radiohead and Band of Skulls).

So please get over it. Your kinda giving us a bad name:(

Wait that director's name...didn't he direct Bliss and New Born?

And that article says nothing about them liking Twilight, it just says they agreed to be on the next soundtrack.

EDIT: No, I read somewhere that David Slade was directing New Moon and got a bit mixed up, he's directing Eclipse.

It's funny because I heard MUSE through twilight, before the movie came out, and became a fan instantly. Before the movie came out I would ask have you heard of MUSE and peeps would be like nah. Of course they were into those crappy american bands i.e. Johoes, miley and all that disney shit. Then the movie came out and girls were like "OMG i love smbh":mad: So then I'd have to cuss them out:pope:. Because, seriously, I think its okay to be a MUSE fan even if you found it through twilight. As long as you do your research and not just know 3 songs that you heard from a movie or guitar hero. Not every twilight fan is the same.

Wait that director's name...didn't he direct Bliss and New Born?

And that article says nothing about them liking Twilight, it just says they agreed to be on the next soundtrack.

They didn't want their music in that coffee ad a while back, and it didn't get used. So if they didn't want to be in twilight then they wouldn't agree to have their music played in the movie + I've seen pix of Matt and Stephenie hanging out at promotional events or wherever they were. Not saying they're best mates but they must like her or why bother?

And I didn't say they love twilight just that they don't hate it, which means they might be in most of the movies, or even if it is just the next one you gonna have to get used to it. Its made the media that "muse fans" HATE their tie to twilight and it really looks back.

In the end its up to muse what happens;)

Not sure if Chris directed New Born and Bliss. Will look it up

It's funny because I heard MUSE through twilight, before the movie came out, and became a fan instantly. Before the movie came out I would ask have you heard of MUSE and peeps would be like nah. Of course they were into those crappy american bands i.e. Johoes, miley and all that disney shit. Then the movie came out and girls were like "OMG i love smbh":mad: So then I'd have to cuss them out:pope:. Because, seriously, I think its okay to be a MUSE fan even if you found it through twilight. As long as you do your research and not just know 3 songs that you heard from a movie or guitar hero. Not every twilight fan is the same.

I found Muse on SM's website after I read the first book way before the movie. So she has always been a fan. The song was TIRO and thats when I fell in love.:happy:

See SM did something right, she led me to muse;)

Go ahead and diss twilight, but here is a rather intriguing story-

My sister about only a year was a very dumb, idiotic, and nearly unintelligible person in a conversation. She had no vocabulary. I could have a better conversation with my 4 year old niece. But she picked up twilight and the difference was noticeable. She showed that she actually has a brain! Now she loves to read(something she didn't before), and is turning into someone who can actually think for herself. I am working on her to make her a fan of Muse and fortunately she is no a fan of the movie, though she does know of Muse through SMBH, but did not instantly fall in love with the band because it was in twilight. So overall the series has had a positive effect on her and I'm sure eventually she'll come to like Muse on her terms.

My sister about only a year was a very dumb, idiotic, and nearly unintelligible person in a conversation. She had no vocabulary. I could have a better conversation with my 4 year old niece. But she picked up twilight and the difference was noticeable. She showed that she actually has a brain! Now she loves to read(something she didn't before), and is turning into someone who can actually think for herself. I am working on her to make her a fan of Muse and fortunately she is no a fan of the movie, though she does know of Muse through SMBH, but did not instantly fall in love with the band because it was in twilight. So overall the series has had a positive effect on her and I'm sure eventually she'll come to like Muse on her terms.

See, some good things really do come off twilight. Not all fans of it are stupidly obsessed.

btw, i love your keeper of the freshly converted Muse fans.:LOL: although im not so freshly converted

Well my sister isn't dumb or anything but she never read anything until I gave her Twilight and now she reads a lot. Most of what she reads is vampire books like Vampire Academy and The Vampire Diaries but she is also starting to read other genres too

+ she likes muse;) and has watch Twilight over 100 times (she is a little obsessed):rolleyes:

Okay you guys are really gonna have to get over this whole Twilight thing cause like it or not muse are twilight fans as well

http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilight-Examiner~y2009m7d19-Muse-fans-may-not-like-it-but-their-band-will-be-on-the-New-Moon-soundtrack

Quote:

In any case, New Moon's director Chris Weitz, told the L.A. Times recently that the soundtrack will indeed have Muse as one of its feature artists (alongside Radiohead and Band of Skulls).

So please get over it. Your kinda giving us a bad name:(

This. We look just as crazy as the nutter fan girls because we're flipping out over a soundtrack/book to screen adaptation. So what? I am the first to admit that I hate Twilight but also the first to admit that Meyer has fantastic taste in music. The soundtrack will always be better than the film, we know that. So why not just appreciate the music, since that's what fans are supposed to do?

This. We look just as crazy as the nutter fan girls because we're flipping out over a soundtrack/book to screen adaptation. So what? I am the first to admit that I hate Twilight but also the first to admit that Meyer has fantastic taste in music. The soundtrack will always be better than the film, we know that. So why not just appreciate the music, since that's what fans are supposed to do?

+1 :yesey:

brace yourselves, people :(

i wonder which song they're using

I heard it was gonna be Uprising. ;)

But I don't know for sure:$

Cause I can't remember where I read it but someone said that "muse to play the new New Moon soundtrack at the VMA's" now we know that they are supposed to play Uprising so I just put the two together

I've gotta agree, she does have great taste in music. And as much as I hate to admit it, without Twilight, I probably wouldn't have been led to Muse. I hate Twilight but thankful for the fact that SMBH was in the movie, even though all those fangirls that love Muse for that song and that song only annoy the hell out of me.

It is annoying but we should probably get over it - they're going to be on the soundtrack whether we like it or not.

I heard it was gonna be Uprising. ;)

But I don't know for sure:$

Cause I can't remember where I read it but someone said that "muse to play the new New Moon soundtrack at the VMA's" now we know that they are supposed to play Uprising so I just put the two together

I think I read that somewhere too. Seems an odd choice, since it's unlikely the director has heard the new album. Or maybe they have...

Ah fuck!:facepalm: Just read somewhere that Muse along with radiohead will be on the soundtrack. I'm not ready for them to ruin another song for me.:rolleyes:But, think about it, if Muse didn't want they're song on the soundtrack they would have said no.

Right, I don't get all the hate, when Muse is obviously agreeing to letting their songs be used in the movie. What's so weird about that? They're savvy businesspeople.

I've gotta agree, she does have great taste in music. And as much as I hate to admit it, without Twilight, I probably wouldn't have been led to Muse. I hate Twilight but thankful for the fact that SMBH was in the movie, even though all those fangirls that love Muse for that song and that song only annoy the hell out of me.

It is annoying but we should probably get over it - they're going to be on the soundtrack whether we like it or not.

Yes. I agree. They are annoying. But a fan girl of anything is can be annoying. And we really have nothing to worry about when it comes to concert tickets. A person would never buy a ticket to a concert and then spend more money on fare to get there if they only liked one song. Most of the kids are 15/16 and would probably need permission from the parents, who would probably say no. The people who hear Muse and then listen to their other stuff and want to see them are therefore fans of Muse. Being a fan of Muse and Twilight doesn't have to be mutually exclusive and it certainly isn't. So now my question becomes what are we bashing here? A particularly bad novel or fan girls themselves? If it's a novel then why does it have it's own thread? There are lots of popular and equally awful novels. But there are fan girls of Muse too. I can be one from time to time, and I sure as hell am a devoted fan of Muse. Should we bash them too? It's a fact of life. It's always going to be there.

This isn't directed at you. I'm just venting :LOL:

/rant.

I am outraged aswell. I even heard that the only one who got a VIP/backstage pass for the show here in Sweden in Octoer is a 14 year old Twilight fan! REALLY awesome to have one of those represent Sweden when she meets Muse!

Ah fuck!:facepalm: Just read somewhere that Muse along with radiohead will be on the soundtrack. I'm not ready for them to ruin another song for me.:rolleyes: But, think about it, if Muse didn't want they're song on the soundtrack they would have said no.

Radiohead? Looks like they'll be the next little phase at my school which everyone will be raving about because of just one of their songs.:rolleyes:

Archived