Twilight annoys me. Everyone just seems to like it. Except me. And it's not even only the girls. One day, I heard a boy from my class talk about how great Twilight were. Later that day, he played SMBH on his phone. If I hadn't overheard the earlier conversation, I'd be freaking out. Instead, I freaked out - in the bad way. I started talking about how much I hated Twilight. xD And... I actually never read the books or saw the movie. :$ It just annoys me, because it's everywhere. :noey: x____x

Well, my purpose of this post was to tell everyone, that not all 14-year old girls is in love with Twilight. :p

(And unfortunately I picked a very bad time to remember Muse again.. Right in the middle of the Twilight stuff, without knowing they actually were on the soundtrack. But at least I became a fan without that stupid movie. A nice thought. :LOL:)

I can see where you're coming from, but I really think you should read the books/watch the movie before having such a strong opinion. Passionly hating a serie of books/movies because "it's everywhere" doesn't make any sense. My advise, if you want people to listen to opinions - read it and then flame it.

I've read three books, and I found the first quite enjoyable to read, not quality litterature but absolutely something I could read just for relaxing in the evening. The second and the third book was worse though.

The movie was quite funny, I had a good laugh, especially to Bella's dream scene where she dreamt about Edward sucking her blood, that was just ridicolous.

I can see where you're coming from, but I really think you should read the books/watch the movie before having such a strong opinion. Passionly hating a serie of books/movies because "it's everywhere" doesn't make any sense. My advise, if you want people to listen to opinions - read it and then flame it.

I've read three books, and I found the first quite enjoyable to read, not quality litterature but absolutely something I could read just for relaxing in the evening. The second and the third book was worse though.

The movie was quite funny, I had a good laugh, especially to Bella's dream scene where she dreamt about Edward sucking her blood, that was just ridicolous.

Yeah, I know, I know. I'm just... Tired of it being everywhere. Besides, I don't hate it, I'm just annoyed with it at the moment. If I said I hated it, I'm sorry, because that wasn't what I meant.

Yeah, I know, I know. I'm just... Tired of it being everywhere. Besides, I don't hate it, I'm just annoyed with it at the moment. If I said I hated it, I'm sorry, because that wasn't what I meant.

Being a man, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked Twilight. Nonetheless, the use of Muse doesn't affect me. Sure, there's new fans who have been stereotyped with this whole 'OMG ITZ SOO AMAZING I LOVEZ EDWOOD CULLING MUDKIPMIDKIPMUDKIP', but who says we have to have a go at these new fans.

You and them share a common bond: A like for Muse, no matter on what level that is. It's ironic that, on a forum for discussing how much you like the band, you're criticizing someone else for doing such thing. It's ironic that I'm criticizing a fan for criticizing a fan for liking the band.

Even if it is just Supermassive Black Hole, then it's meganewsday for you: It's only a song!

Being a man, I was pleasantly surprised that I liked Twilight. Nonetheless, the use of Muse doesn't affect me. Sure, there's new fans who have been stereotyped with this whole 'OMG ITZ SOO AMAZING I LOVEZ EDWOOD CULLING MUDKIPMIDKIPMUDKIP', but who says we have to have a go at these new fans.

You and them share a common bond: A like for Muse, no matter on what level that is. It's ironic that, on a forum for discussing how much you like the band, you're criticizing someone else for doing such thing. It's ironic that I'm criticizing a fan for criticizing a fan for liking the band.

Even if it is just Supermassive Black Hole, then it's meganewsday for you: It's only a song!

I see what you mean. And yeah, I guess I'm just overreacting. (But that OMG EDWARD CULLEN thing really IS annoying.) But, it's not really the Muse song I'm annoyed with, being on the soundtrack and all (it's not one of their best songs anyway), it's more the whole obsessive thing right now. But it'll probably settle down soon, when something new comes up. :]

Oh, and... I should try to see the positive things: More people to talk about Muse with. :p

If. They. Ever. Use. Citizen. Erased. In. Any. Of. The. Twilight. Movies. I. Will. Actually. Shoot. Somebody.

Same. And it's how I feel about MotP too. Muse songs are just so untouchable, they can't be on any twilight films. However, SMBH and Starlight they can take, cause they're huge songs anyway.

hahah. don't worry. my favorite band from sixth grade to seventh was good charlotte. :facepalm:

not only that part of TiRO, also when it says "i think i'm drowning, asphyxiated; i wanna break the spell that you've created [when he leaves her and she goes into a spiraling depression and says she can't breathe and whatnot] you're something beautiful [there's like, entire pages of the books dedicated to just describing edward's beauty]" and also the part when it says "bury it, i won't let you bury it, i won't let you smother it, i won't let you murder it" makes me think of how she refuses to let him die in her mind.

for the movie twilight, i was actually picturing sing for absolution since it says "tiptoe to your room, a starlight in the gloom" 'cause of how the creeper used to go to her room and just watch her sleep and when he told her that before she came into his life, everything was just a black sky with some points of hope and blah blah, but that SHE was the shooting "star" in his sky. "a starlight in the gloom." it's really awesome that she was inspired them...but fuck. that movie was crap.

jeez. you just seriously made me worried as you are of MotP...citizen erased is like, my second fave next to B&H. but nahh. for some reason, i just really feel they'll stick to BH&R and some Absolution. but then again...who knows what kind of vision the new director will have. did you know the movie was so horrible that the girl who directed it got fired? :LOL:

i would probably fall into the new era craze because i didn't start reading the books till september. and i hadn't even noticed the muse thank you's and dedication. not even in the fourth one where she puts them on the very front. i just went straight to preface all the time. :D

it wasn't until my friend came up to me one day and was like "hey, do you know who muse is? stephanie meyer's always mentioning them in her books." and i was stunned.

first because i thought it was rather funny for her to ask that since they'd been part of my favorites since i was 13, and second because i was too stupid to notice.:happy:

what i'd really like to know is their reaction upon seeing the damn wretched movie.

i mean if they've seen it. (muse i mean.) :)

Aww. :LOL:

And wow, great analogy!

Citizen Erased is such a precious Muse song. :LOL: They really can't use that. Us Muse fans should do something about it if they do. Hopefully the new director doesn't want to use any of their songs. And yeah I heard about the director getting sacked! pahaha :LOL: Too right. That movie was honestly, total shit. I really don't understand how my friends, or anyone for that matter, could have liked it. One moment Edward is like :vomit: when he see's Bella for the first time (I lol'd so much at that) and then the next he's all like "You are my life now". It just happens all too quick, and it's extremely unrealistic.

I can't believe you never noticed. :chuckle: She's all like "Muse..muse..muse..MUSE!!!!111oneone" ..or pretty close, anyway haha. And yes! I would love to know what the band think of the film, if they have seen it of course. I would seriously be suprised if they liked it. Though I doubt they will. :p

I agree that it's frustrating when people automatically associate me with twilight because I listen to Muse, but honestly they do have obsessive fans and Muse love the fans, but are ultimately in it to make great music, in their view: the more hearing their hard day's work, the better. It is annoying but it's not up to us, they create it they share it.

Does anyone know an article or interview where Muse say how they don't write music for money, they don't advertise their music for money, etc? I swear I've read/seen something where they say that. My point for asking is that two gouys in my class think Muse is just in it for the money now since they let one of their songs be in such a shit movie and now because of Twilight they hear Muse on the radio and people associating Muse with twatlight, and Muse is becoming mainstream here in the US (no!!!!!) I need to find a source where Muse say that they don't do any of that for money (because I'm sure they don't!)

Thanks

Does anyone know an article or interview where Muse say how they don't write music for money, they don't advertise their music for money, etc? I swear I've read/seen something where they say that. My point for asking is that two gouys in my class think Muse is just in it for the money now since they let one of their songs be in such a shit movie and now because of Twilight they hear Muse on the radio and people associating Muse with twatlight, and Muse is becoming mainstream here in the US (no!!!!!) I need to find a source where Muse say that they don't do any of that for money (because I'm sure they don't!)

Thanks

You hear Muse on everything over here so I don't think they have a lot to do with it, it's probably something the record company approves.

I've read that Matt submitted a piano piece for Twilight but the director decided not to use it and used some other piece instead...:stunned:

STOP THIS MUSE.

sorry if its already been said but it might not be MUSE's descision to make, black holes and revelations was with warner, so they would sign the contract, almost the same with the new Radiohead best of CD, it was by their old record label and radiohead couldnt stop them from releasing the cd's because they were with that label when those songs were made and released, they still own them, warner still "owns" bh&r

I've liked Muse for years. I heard of Twilight in November after seeing the ad. Saw the film, meh, it was okay, read the books, I liked them. In my own case Muse and Twilight do not hold any connection. I like them as separate entities, and obviously I like Muse more than Twilight before anyone says it...

This reminds me of those people who go off a band once they get popular.. and i'm having exactly the same thoughts now as I do when I think of those people. Do those of you, who have bitched and ranted about the influx of new fans because of one song, really have nothing else in your lives? So what, there are stupid people on this planet that have no taste and are idiots.. don't waste your time caring about their choice in 'music taste' because they sure as hell don't care about you.. I'm not trying to start a rant or anything. I just really don't see why people are letting this bother them? And in my opinion, you can't really slag off someone for being a Twilight fangirly when you yourself are a total fangirl/boy for a band (Muse), it's the EXACT same thing, just in different contexts. So stop being hypocrites, listen to the muse songs that you like because you genuinely like them and go.. chill, take a walk or something. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN GETTING ANNOYED BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. :)

hmm; i wonder if a petition can be started begging whoever's in charge of the films to please not use anymore muse. :awesome:

i'm just JOKING. :)

when it really comes down to it, it's simple. stephanie meyer is just a writer. whether you like her style of writing or not, that's up to you, but she's still an artist. writing is a form of art and it's her passion.

she's a writer who was influenced by the one of the greatest bands in this era;

and that's cool. i'm sure many writers who have listened to muse have felt inspiration for their writing too. stephanie meyer is just a fan of muse like all of us who just happened to write a saga that gained popularity, and that's really good for her.

it wasn't until the film came out that all of this debate began because quite honestly, the twilight film was like a 5 second summary of the actual book; and all in all, was pretty much just horrible. it also didn't help that they chose one of muse's more poppy/catchy songs for a film that seemed to be gaining popularity for all the wrong reasons: the "hot" vampires, instead of attempting to capture someone's writing. sure many fake fans arose from this...i've had personal experiences. :indiff: and to them...well, they probably won't last. but muse has gained true-music-loving fans who earnestly love them for the amazing sounds they produce...and we shouldn't let some crappy film ruin that.

the fakers...they'll be annoying but you can always just keep a gun at hand and--

just kidding AGAIN! :D

although many of us are probably waiting anxiously to read the tracklisting for the new moon soundtrack...

we'll always know WHY we love muse and just try our best to get that across to people who are in it for the wrong reasons.

after all...it's just a film.

i spontaneously felt like doing the right thing and being mature about this.

i'll try to keep the criticism at a moderate level. :)

A clip from Southland Tales, a movie by the guy who wrote and directed Donnie Darko. Its sort of similar with ideas of time travel, and also focuses on the role of government in the wake of energy crisis, the power of the Patriot Act, and consumerism :happy:

Basically in that clip, Iraq veteran Pilot Abilene (Justin Timberlake) takes a wacky drug and has that hallucination. Hence the 'I got soul but I'm not a soldier' :happy:

God, I loved that fucking movie!!!!! It was very wierd, but I could not understand why it was so hated that it didn't even make it to the cinema. And I loved the use of Blackout, it was utterly perfect :happy: The bit with Timberlake singing was fantastic too.

I've liked Muse for years. I heard of Twilight in November after seeing the ad. Saw the film, meh, it was okay, read the books, I liked them. In my own case Muse and Twilight do not hold any connection. I like them as separate entities, and obviously I like Muse more than Twilight before anyone says it...

This reminds me of those people who go off a band once they get popular.. and i'm having exactly the same thoughts now as I do when I think of those people. Do those of you, who have bitched and ranted about the influx of new fans because of one song, really have nothing else in your lives? So what, there are stupid people on this planet that have no taste and are idiots.. don't waste your time caring about their choice in 'music taste' because they sure as hell don't care about you.. I'm not trying to start a rant or anything. I just really don't see why people are letting this bother them? And in my opinion, you can't really slag off someone for being a Twilight fangirly when you yourself are a total fangirl/boy for a band (Muse), it's the EXACT same thing, just in different contexts. So stop being hypocrites, listen to the muse songs that you like because you genuinely like them and go.. chill, take a walk or something. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN GETTING ANNOYED BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. :)

Finally someone speaks some sense!

I think maybe it's the age gaps on here that are making me think some people sound insane when talking about this subject, some people care far too much.

The root of the problem is not the movie; the core of this stupid movement is some annoying woman called Stephenie Meyer. She spread all over the web that she LOVED Muse, the band was her inspiration, nothing would have been possible without them, and bla bla bla. After four books' knowledgements and a unique dedication, look where we are. She really thinks she is Muse's biggest fan

So liking Twilight is a movement? Bloody hell and there was me just thinking it was a few books and a film.

In Stephenie Meyer's defence, surely if someone like ourselves (a so called 'proper' Muser) was to write or produce something, as fans we would do so to a soundtrack including Muse or feel somewhat inspired by them in some way. To my knowledge she has never said she's their biggest fan either.

I don;t think the whole Twilight thing has ruined Muse's reputation. Teh Meyer has the right to say whether she was inspired by them as a novelist, I think its cool, regardless of the quality of the books, which is somewhat patchy.

Little girls getting excited by Muse cos of the movie and books...so fucking what. They'll get bored and get excited about something else soon enough.

I've always thought this hatred for little Meyer fans is somewhat unfair, and a bit sexist. So because girls are getting all fangirl squee about something, its retarded, but its okay for boys to be all fangeek obsessed with bloody Star Wars or comic book films, which are just as fantastical and silly as stories about hot vampires? Think about it, double standard people :rolleyes:

Exactly +1!

All this just strikes me of stupid point scoring and snobbery. Somewhat perversely I'm rather pleased Muse's music is in Twilight just because it's pissed off a whole load of uptight precious Muse fans who think they are superior. If they were truly the fans that they think they are they wouldn't mind one iota. To whinge on that uncool people now like Muse just demonstrates the very same characteristic that they hate in other people- liking something because they think it's cool. Muse could have a song in some lame arsed Disney shite or whatever wouldn't make any difference to you if you really loved their music through thick and thin.

And as for Muse losing credibility for having a song in Twilight, get real. As if anyone who actually matters (i.e. anyone over the age of 10) would perceive the band any differently just because of that:rolleyes:

I'm sure the music press and Muse's peers in other bands are all going "OMGZZZ Muse are like so lame and we hate them now because they have 30 seconds of one of their songs in Twilight"....:wtf:

All this just strikes me of stupid point scoring and snobbery. Somewhat perversely I'm rather pleased Muse's music is in Twilight just because it's pissed off a whole load of uptight precious Muse fans who think they are superior. If they were truly the fans that they think they are they wouldn't mind one iota. To whinge on that uncool people now like Muse just demonstrates the very same characteristic that they hate in other people- liking something because they think it's cool. Muse could have a song in some lame arsed Disney shite or whatever wouldn't make any difference to you if you really loved their music through thick and thin.

The woman speaks truth, plus fucking one :p

Aaah how awesome, I so rarely find common sense on Other Muse Topics, have a drink on me love :happy:

Finally someone speaks some sense!

I think maybe it's the age gaps on here that are making me think some people sound insane when talking about this subject, some people care far too much.

:happy:

I just don't understand how someone could put so much negative energy into ranting and raving about something that is really just so pointless, but then again we are in main muse, you do get all sorts here. :LOL:

Seriously guys, if you are as much of a fan as you say you are, you won't care a bit about it. I listen to music for me, because I love it. And if that song or artist gets used somewhere then far be it from me to criticize. And if the new muse fans annoy you, don't speak to them. end of. Personally if someone hears of Muse through this and chooses to go listen to more of their stuff and ends up loving them well then i'll be delighted because they've discovered music that really is amazing. Who cares if the first song they heard was one of their more mainstream songs, from a fan girl film. You're all fangirls/ fanboys about Muse anyway.

I've basically just said exactly the same thing as my original post... anyway, take a chill pill guys, there's more to life than this silly little argument.

The woman speaks truth, plus fucking one :p

Aaah how awesome, I so rarely find common sense on Other Muse Topics, have a drink on me love :happy:

Plus two, great comments Black Cherry!

Nice to know it's not just me and there are others out there who know where I'm coming from on this one:happy:

Certainly will be enjoying that drink on you ;)

• 4 months later...

I know it's annoying with Twilight fangirls drooling over SMBH and all that jazz, but it's worse when Twilight fans actually dislike Muse because of Twilight. One of my classmates stated that Muse "sucked" just because she thought Matt's voice sounded "silly and stupid" in SMBH. That is, in fact, annoying. You can't judge a band that consists of three members because of the vocals in one song. :facepalm:

So if you really have to express your hate for the Twilight fans, hate those who do not like Muse instead. It will make you seem less narrow-minded.

This thread is awesome. We need a thread like this thank you. I agree on the watchmen fan base where it shouldnt matter because watchmen fans are smarter and im sure they wont say "oh that watchmen song" or whatever anyways if they did i wouldnt get mad because i like watchmen :) now twilight all your facts with twilight is just completely accuracte. Twilight fans...no...get off this planet in the name of god please..

Archived