you know, i've read the books, and i think the books are not horrible...

but that means that i know what kind of muse songs go with the books...

and i think the next one could possibly include time is running out. :(

i don't absolutely hate twilight, but the whole incorporating-muse-so-much thing is really starting to tick me the fuck off. and i'm dreading to hear what songs they'll use next...

but my best guess considering the plot of the second book is time is running out; maybe sing for absolution; hysteria...basically absolution based songs.

and that scares the hell outta me because butterflies and hurricanes is my favorite song of all time and ughhh. i don't want obsessed teenies thinking they like that songg!

yep, i know what u mean. the books are not the movie or the crazed fans.

but ultimately, just like with everything. the twilight fans will be bored with Muse and just let them goooo (hopefully???) they should be crazy about Paramore, right?!

Yes they could. But I doubt Muse will refuse. Although if they know one of their songs was used for the first movie they might go and check the movie out and realise how shit it is and the damage it's done to their reputation. Then they could refuse? -sigh- One can only hope.

u know what, i think it's not Muse who decide. it's the label or smtg.

I looked it up after you mentioned it, haven't seen the movie or even really heard of it. Do you know how blackout is incorporated into it?

As for little nicky -- "You can do it ozzy! Bite it's f***in head off!" :noey:

I watched it again today actually (Southland Tales that is) because a friend got it out. I may have been a bit harsh in my early review, it does have some pretty good themes and ideas about state power, the oil crisis, privacy and the Patriot Act. Muse feature in one scene where the main guy (Boxer Santaros) leaves a fancy estate to go face his 'destiny' so to speak. The song plays as he goes down the front staircase and a woman speaks to him. :happy:

A side note: that famous bat-biting that Ozzy did was actually a mistake, he thought the bat was a prop.

Whenever I see this thread title all I can think of is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kazWL7gfexU

+1 That's what I thought this thread was about originally :D

Not only do my classmates go "zomg twilight" when they hear SMBH, people keep saying "is that the guy from twilight?" when they see my David Tennant poster on my folder...

David Tennant? Really? :wtf:

OOOooooh ;) i loved littled nicky!!!!

:D I only saw it once, many years ago, and I remember just kinda going :wtf::LOL: and I usually enjoy Adam Sandler movies ;)

Any idea if Cave is used in the actual movie? I didn't know anything about Muse then so I wouldn't have noticed.....

I watched it again today actually (Southland Tales that is) because a friend got it out. I may have been a bit harsh in my early review, it does have some pretty good themes and ideas about state power, the oil crisis, privacy and the Patriot Act. Muse feature in one scene where the main guy (Boxer Santaros) leaves a fancy estate to go face his 'destiny' so to speak. The song plays as he goes down the front staircase and a woman speaks to him. :happy:

A side note: that famous bat-biting that Ozzy did was actually a mistake, he thought the bat was a prop.

Ahh... is it just the music or are the lyrics present? :D

+1 That's what I thought this thread was about originally :D

:pimp: best. laugh. ever. :LOL:

you know, i've read the books, and i think the books are not horrible...

but that means that i know what kind of muse songs go with the books...

and i think the next one could possibly include time is running out. :(

i don't absolutely hate twilight, but the whole incorporating-muse-so-much thing is really starting to tick me the fuck off. and i'm dreading to hear what songs they'll use next...

but my best guess considering the plot of the second book is time is running out; maybe sing for absolution; hysteria...basically absolution based songs.

and that scares the hell outta me because butterflies and hurricanes is my favorite song of all time and ughhh. i don't want obsessed teenies thinking they like that songg!

I know what you mean. It's horrible thinking your favourite song of all time might become the next SMBH. But don't worry, I highly doubt B&H will be used. :p I'm just hoping to God they don't use Map of the Problematique. :(

I heard that Smeyer asked MCR if some of their songs could be used in the next movie and they refused. I don't like the band too much, but that does gain respect from me. :LOL: I just hope Muse say no. They need to realise that one of their songs being used is enough. :noey:

When Muse tours again and the crowd looks more like a Jonas brothers concert (14 and 15 year old girls coming with their entire family) and everyone's wearing Twilight shirts..you all will see my point.

Argh don't.. I know I'm not much older but the thought of all these twilight obsessed girls being at a Muse gig really pisses me off. What's the most frustrating thing about this whole situation is that there isn't anything we can do about it.

When Muse tours again and the crowd looks more like a Jonas brothers concert (14 and 15 year old girls coming with their entire family) and everyone's wearing Twilight shirts..you all will see my point.

:( But, but.... I'm 14 and my mum and my sister are both Muse fans. I hate twatlight though.

me and my friend came up with a solution to that. :D

although we've never been to a muse concert, we plan on going to one soon, and the whole twilight/muse craze with musically-ignorant girls has us feeling ashamed for them.

so we decided that when we go to a muse concert for the first time in our entire lives, we'll have walkie-talkies with us the whole time, and scope out all the twilight-shirt-wearing teenies and shoot them before they even have a chance to start screaming about supermassive black hole being their favorite song. :awesome:

i'm sure matthew would be thankful. :)

I know what you mean. It's horrible thinking your favourite song of all time might become the next SMBH. But don't worry, I highly doubt B&H will be used. :p I'm just hoping to God they don't use Map of the Problematique. :(

I heard that Smeyer asked MCR if some of their songs could be used in the next movie and they refused. I don't like the band too much, but that does gain respect from me. :LOL: I just hope Muse say no. They need to realise that one of their songs being used is enough. :noey:

ugh. i couldn't listen to a single MCR song if my life depended on it. :stunned:

i remember when reading the books, i made so many connections to the music from the story...and honestly, the LAST song that came to my mind was SMBH. when i seen the soundtrack listing, i was like what the fuck!? and kind of upset because i thought the movie was going to be at least DECENT, but no. so in the end, i was glad.

the thing is...i think the movie people and shit are so ignorant to muse's genius that they use the songs that least go with the movie...and map of the problematique might be a possibility. UGH! it's so frustrating! i just wanna see the damn movie soundtrack already!

mannn. why can't PARAMORE be stephanie meyer's favorite band. :indiff:

they're lame enough. :)

we should team up and teepee/egg the director's house if MotP is used in new moon.

then have a very serious talk with mr. chris, matt, and dom. :yesey:

what is that???? i never heard of it.

I Love the killers and i've been addicted to that song for a while !

A clip from Southland Tales, a movie by the guy who wrote and directed Donnie Darko. Its sort of similar with ideas of time travel, and also focuses on the role of government in the wake of energy crisis, the power of the Patriot Act, and consumerism :happy:

Basically in that clip, Iraq veteran Pilot Abilene (Justin Timberlake) takes a wacky drug and has that hallucination. Hence the 'I got soul but I'm not a soldier' :happy:

ugh. i couldn't listen to a single MCR song if my life depended on it. :stunned:

i remember when reading the books, i made so many connections to the music from the story...and honestly, the LAST song that came to my mind was SMBH. when i seen the soundtrack listing, i was like what the fuck!? and kind of upset because i thought the movie was going to be at least DECENT, but no. so in the end, i was glad.

the thing is...i think the movie people and shit are so ignorant to muse's genius that they use the songs that least go with the movie...and map of the problematique might be a possibility. UGH! it's so frustrating! i just wanna see the damn movie soundtrack already!

mannn. why can't PARAMORE be stephanie meyer's favorite band. :indiff:

they're lame enough. :)

we should team up and teepee/egg the director's house if MotP is used in new moon.

then have a very serious talk with mr. chris, matt, and dom. :yesey:

I actually used to like them when I was 14. :$:$

And yeah same! like the "you will be the death of me" that Edward says I recognised (TIRO) and when Bella had a delusion in the city? (City of Delusion) And also when Edward leaves Bella and almost 'erased the memories' it reminded me of the outro of CE. omg..could you imagine if they used Citizen Erased?

Yeah I wish Smeyer's favourite band was Paramore or some other lame band. Atleast that way the music would match the movie. But yes, I will gladly join you on egging the house of the person who chose the song. I just have a feeling it'd be just my luck if they used MotP. It has quite like..loney lyrics and I think that's why it would fit New Moon. Because Edward leaves Bella which er..left Bella lonely? haha I don't know. I remember may last year when I read the series and saw Muse mentioned I started thinking "hmm..these book are starting to get really really big. What if Muse do too because of it?" and voila, look what's happened. Stupid series/movie. :indiff:

I actually used to like them when I was 14. :$:$

And yeah same! like the "you will be the death of me" that Edward says I recognised (TIRO) and when Bella had a delusion in the city? (City of Delusion) And also when Edward leaves Bella and almost 'erased the memories' it reminded me of the outro of CE. omg..could you imagine if they used Citizen Erased?

Yeah I wish Smeyer's favourite band was Paramore or some other lame band. Atleast that way the music would match the movie. But yes, I will gladly join you on egging the house of the person who chose the song. I just have a feeling it'd be just my luck if they used MotP. It has quite like..loney lyrics and I think that's why it would fit New Moon. Because Edward leaves Bella which er..left Bella lonely? haha I don't know. I remember may last year when I read the series and saw Muse mentioned I started thinking "hmm..these book are starting to get really really big. What if Muse do too because of it?" and voila, look what's happened. Stupid series/movie. :indiff:

hahah. don't worry. my favorite band from sixth grade to seventh was good charlotte. :facepalm:

not only that part of TiRO, also when it says "i think i'm drowning, asphyxiated; i wanna break the spell that you've created [when he leaves her and she goes into a spiraling depression and says she can't breathe and whatnot] you're something beautiful [there's like, entire pages of the books dedicated to just describing edward's beauty]" and also the part when it says "bury it, i won't let you bury it, i won't let you smother it, i won't let you murder it" makes me think of how she refuses to let him die in her mind.

for the movie twilight, i was actually picturing sing for absolution since it says "tiptoe to your room, a starlight in the gloom" 'cause of how the creeper used to go to her room and just watch her sleep and when he told her that before she came into his life, everything was just a black sky with some points of hope and blah blah, but that SHE was the shooting "star" in his sky. "a starlight in the gloom." it's really awesome that she was inspired them...but fuck. that movie was crap.

jeez. you just seriously made me worried as you are of MotP...citizen erased is like, my second fave next to B&H. but nahh. for some reason, i just really feel they'll stick to BH&R and some Absolution. but then again...who knows what kind of vision the new director will have. did you know the movie was so horrible that the girl who directed it got fired? :LOL:

i would probably fall into the new era craze because i didn't start reading the books till september. and i hadn't even noticed the muse thank you's and dedication. not even in the fourth one where she puts them on the very front. i just went straight to preface all the time. :D

it wasn't until my friend came up to me one day and was like "hey, do you know who muse is? stephanie meyer's always mentioning them in her books." and i was stunned.

first because i thought it was rather funny for her to ask that since they'd been part of my favorites since i was 13, and second because i was too stupid to notice.:happy:

what i'd really like to know is their reaction upon seeing the damn wretched movie.

i mean if they've seen it. (muse i mean.) :)

A clip from Southland Tales, a movie by the guy who wrote and directed Donnie Darko. Its sort of similar with ideas of time travel, and also focuses on the role of government in the wake of energy crisis, the power of the Patriot Act, and consumerism :happy:

Basically in that clip, Iraq veteran Pilot Abilene (Justin Timberlake) takes a wacky drug and has that hallucination. Hence the 'I got soul but I'm not a soldier' :happy:

woah! gotta get my hands on it! i didn't know Justin Timberlake was so cool...

Twilight is such a load of crap. Personally, the novel that I have in progress will be brilliant, and Twilight will be a pile of turds. I hate Twilight Muse fans. They have no real appreciation for the band.

:mad:

It would be Glorious if everyone would burn those books! Maybe Ray Bradbury was on to something!

Twilight annoys me. Everyone just seems to like it. Except me. And it's not even only the girls. One day, I heard a boy from my class talk about how great Twilight were. Later that day, he played SMBH on his phone. If I hadn't overheard the earlier conversation, I'd be freaking out. Instead, I freaked out - in the bad way. I started talking about how much I hated Twilight. xD And... I actually never read the books or saw the movie. :$ It just annoys me, because it's everywhere. :noey: x____x

Well, my purpose of this post was to tell everyone, that not all 14-year old girls is in love with Twilight. :p

(And unfortunately I picked a very bad time to remember Muse again.. Right in the middle of the Twilight stuff, without knowing they actually were on the soundtrack. But at least I became a fan without that stupid movie. A nice thought. :LOL:)

Archived