Although I adore Twilight (ok I think the director sucks and the storyline sucks... I'm just in it for Robert Pattinson), I hate it when I say my favourite band is muse and I enjoyed the Twilight books... seriously... I was a fan of muse two years before the movie ! I liked muse before!

I hate it when people make the association.. and I hate how all my friends love the one song and claim to be muse fans over me... really!?

As fickle as it is, it really does annoy me that so many Twilight fans like this song. The thing that really bothers me is when I go to watch a Muse video on Youtube and every other comment is something along the lines of:

"OMG everytime I hear this song, I think of the baseball scene!"

or

"Edward Cullen is the hottest!"

or

"This song is on the Twilight soundtrack"

^That one really pisses me off, especially when there are at least 200 comments before it saying the same fucking thing.

I'm all for Muse getting new fans and all, but... Twilight fans are (generally) annoying. At least the ones who are 15 and younger (the vast majority). They're the main reason I haven't even bothered to read a word of Twilight (that and vampire-romance novels tend suck anyway).

I always did like SMBH but haaated Twilight. Now, thanks to Twilight, I dread listening to it, and someone asking me what I'm listening to and when I answer Supermassive Black Hole, them going 'OMG!!! THAT'S THE SONG OFF TWILIGHT! IT'S SOOO AMAZING!'

:(

I hesitate listening to it now, thinking "will people think I'm a fan?" Its annoying. :(

I believe it's Blackout :erm:

Yes :p It has a very weird plot. Got booed at Cannes. That said, it's kind of enjoyable if you take it with a grain of salt :LOL: Written and directed by Richard R Kelly of 'Donnie Darko' fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_Tales

I looked it up after you mentioned it, haven't seen the movie or even really heard of it. Do you know how blackout is incorporated into it?

As for little nicky -- "You can do it ozzy! Bite it's f***in head off!" :noey:

I'm all for Muse getting new fans and all, but... Twilight fans are (generally) annoying. At least the ones who are 15 and younger (the vast majority). They're the main reason I haven't even bothered to read a word of Twilight (that and vampire-romance novels tend suck anyway).

ba-dum-bump-chhhhhhhshhh!

;)

What can I say?

1. Calm down, this is just silly.

2. Starting threads like this does nothing but spread Twilight. If you hate the books/movie so much, just fucking ignore it.

It's really no big deal, so what if some fans aren't as hardcore as you? If the Twilighters love Supermassive Black Hole but nothing else from Muse, so what? Consider yourself as lucky to enjoy 100% of Muse, and just don't care about the others. It's not like Muse is limited to the hardcore fans, right?

It's really no big deal, so what if some fans aren't as hardcore as you? If the Twilighters love Supermassive Black Hole but nothing else from Muse, so what? Consider yourself as lucky to enjoy 100% of Muse, and just don't care about the others. It's not like Muse is limited to the hardcore fans, right?

:rolleyes: You're not a true MUSE fan, are you?

I adore MUSE. I worship MUSE. MUSE is my reason for living.

Everyone should love MUSE as much as I do!! Well, no, I am totally MUSE's biggest fan ever and no one else could love MUSE as much as I do, but everyone else should at least attempt to and love MUSE as much as is humanly possible but not quite as much as a duck can because only I can love MUSE that much.

If they don't love MUSE as much as I do then they should all just DIE! Or I may have to kill them myself!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

And those stupid obsessive childish twilight fans can just go do you know what and stick it you know where at you know what time in you know what way. I hate it when people are that obsessive over something, it's such a waste of time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: You're not a true MUSE fan, are you?

I adore MUSE. I worship MUSE. MUSE is my reason for living.

Everyone should love MUSE as much as I do!! Well, no, I am totally MUSE's biggest fan ever and no one else could love MUSE as much as I do, but everyone else should at least attempt to and love MUSE as much as is humanly possible but not quite as much as a duck can because only I can love MUSE that much.

If they don't love MUSE as much as I do then they should all just DIE! Or I may have to kill them myself!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

And those stupid obsessive childish twilight fans can just go do you know what and stick it you know where at you know what time in you know what way. I hate it when people are that obsessive over something, it's such a waste of time :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's the spirit!

When Muse tours again and the crowd looks more like a Jonas brothers concert (14 and 15 year old girls coming with their entire family) and everyone's wearing Twilight shirts..you all will see my point.

How do you know so well what Jonas Brother's concerts look like :shifty:

:p

Seriously though, I think a lot of people see your point, it's just... I dunno.... what am I going to do about it? If a bunch of teeny boppers start to love Muse because of Stephanie Meyers I am completely powerless to stop it. I can't control other people's behavior. Sure, it'd be irritating, but what can I do? I am not going to let someone else ruin my enjoyment of something that I like.

But, more importantly, I don't think your scenario is going to happen. At the end of the day, Muse isn't the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus or Beyonce or what ever else the kids are listening to these days. Their music is what it is and I don't think the girls who like SMBH because it was in twilight or the types who think Starlight is kewl would know what to do with themselves over SS or Hysteria or even Plug in Baby -- they wouldn't survive a Muse concert.

I think that for the vast majority of them, before they ever get to paying the money to see a gig, will either discover they like the rest of the music, mellow out and appreciate the band like you and I do or they'll lose interest and move on to the next obsession.

EDIT: btw this: "were muse & ur watching.." wins the tag prize! :D

Whenever I see this thread title all I can think of is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kazWL7gfexU

well, there are 3 more books = 3 more movies, and the writer has thanked MUSE in each of them. therefore 3 more MUSE songs for Twilight !?

you know, i've read the books, and i think the books are not horrible...

but that means that i know what kind of muse songs go with the books...

and i think the next one could possibly include time is running out. :(

i don't absolutely hate twilight, but the whole incorporating-muse-so-much thing is really starting to tick me the fuck off. and i'm dreading to hear what songs they'll use next...

but my best guess considering the plot of the second book is time is running out; maybe sing for absolution; hysteria...basically absolution based songs.

and that scares the hell outta me because butterflies and hurricanes is my favorite song of all time and ughhh. i don't want obsessed teenies thinking they like that songg!

Archived