Yar me too....

I didn't bother to read through all the posts (sorry!) but trust me, and other people on the board should be able to vouch for me too, that I hate the merging of Muse/Twilight as much as one possibly can. There have already been threads just bantering on about it, but I'm pretty sure the main one got locked....but aaaaanyways! After much arguing and venting of pent up anger, I've tried to move on and just tried to ignore it. I figure that since SMBH is a pretty unique Muse song, and none of the others sound even remotely close to it, if Twilight fans go crazy over that one, doesn't necessarily mean they'll get hooked on all the other, much better Muse tracks.

And whoever said that TAB being in the Watchmen trailer doesn't bother them, I agree, Watchmen looks like a solid movie and I'm sure the fans for that film/novel aren't nearly as infatuated with the characters and everything associated with them as Twilight fans are.....hence, way less annoying and way more bearable.

And I know some people might read this and think "Twilight fans have every right to be fans of Muse as anyone else!" So let me just say once again, that's true, I agree, and I'm all for people discovering the awesomeness that is Muse. It's just the OTT fangirlyness and the claims of LOOOOOVING Muse when they've really only heard the one song, and not even on their own, but by it being spoonfed to them through all the Twilight/SMBH publicity is what pisses me off the most.

/end rant...i apologize....

:yesey:

Well, I'm having a real crisis right now, I tell you. I know that IMDb is not always right, everyone has mistakes, and bla bla bla, but look what I just found in the trivia page of Twilight:

Matt Bellamy of Muse gave Carter Burwell music for Bella's Lullaby, but it wasn't used.

Please tell me that's one of IMDb's biggest lies, just, please... Matt...? Eh...? :stunned:

+ :stunned:

Well, I'm having a real crisis right now, I tell you. I know that IMDb is not always right, everyone has mistakes, and bla bla bla, but look what I just found in the trivia page of Twilight:

Please tell me that's one of IMDb's biggest lies, just, please... Matt...? Eh...? :stunned:

I think its true. :erm:

Hey could they not accept Matt's music? I bet it was really nice aswell.

well, there are 3 more books = 3 more movies, and the writer has thanked MUSE in each of them. therefore 3 more MUSE songs for Twilight !?

:(:(:(

If they use MotP, I swear.. I'll go mental. I'll actually go mental.

Could Muse refuse the usage of their songs in twatlight?

Yes they could. But I doubt Muse will refuse. Although if they know one of their songs was used for the first movie they might go and check the movie out and realise how shit it is and the damage it's done to their reputation. Then they could refuse? -sigh- One can only hope.

Yes they could. But I doubt Muse will refuse. Although if they know one of their songs was used for the first movie they might go and check the movie out and realise how shit it is and the damage it's done to their reputation. Then they could refuse? -sigh- One can only hope.

*Prays to the zetas*

:(:(:(

If they use MotP, I swear.. I'll go mental. I'll actually go mental.

GOD, NO!!!! Not MotP. I think I'd rather.......I dunno........yes, I'd go mental........I'd do absolutely ANYTHING for another Muse song to NOT be in Twilight. My own friends love SMBH because of that effing soundtrack :mad:. I don't really hold it against them though because they don't claim to be fans of Muse. Jeez, no more...............please..........I can't take it.......no more Muse songs in those movies.....

By the way, I like that term, 'twatlight.' It's a very good word:eyebrows:

People aren't really that hardout for the music from Twilight here so that's okay. But I agree, no one likes a fairweather fan. Still, just because someone discovers Muse through Twilight doesn't make them an untrue fan, as long as they aren't annoyingly naive to Muse's musical style. People thought quite similar things when Absolution came out.

Also, Muse feature on the soundtrack to Southland Tales (which in all honesty could be called a worse film than Twilight, since it makes little to no sense), if anyone is interested.

People aren't really that hardout for the music from Twilight here so that's okay. But I agree, no one likes a fairweather fan. Still, just because someone discovers Muse through Twilight doesn't make them an untrue fan, as long as they aren't annoyingly naive to Muse's musical style. People thought quite similar things when Absolution came out.

Also, Muse feature on the soundtrack to Southland Tales (which in all honesty could be called a worse film than Twilight, since it makes little to no sense), if anyone is interested.

I've never heard of that film :erm: which song did they use?

I've never heard of that film :erm: which song did they use?

I believe it's Blackout :erm:

Is it worse than Little Nicky? ;)

Yes :p It has a very weird plot. Got booed at Cannes. That said, it's kind of enjoyable if you take it with a grain of salt :LOL: Written and directed by Richard R Kelly of 'Donnie Darko' fame.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southland_Tales

Archived