because i realised after the 4th book that the whole saga had no point

i mean first its bella and edward the its bella and jacob the bella and edward and then the voltouri and renesmee!

Not to mention renesmee and jacob..that's just creepy :stunned:

The whole thing did drag on a bit :rolleyes:

Have you seen Alex Reads Twilight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w

I'm off to bed now anyway, night! :happy:

Not to mention renesmee and jacob..that's just creepy :stunned:

The whole thing did drag on a bit :rolleyes:

Have you seen Alex Reads Twilight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w

I'm off to bed now anyway, night! :happy:

i fuckingggggggg loveeeeeee alex day that video is hysterical!

good night

oh and lol yeah jacob=pedophile

actually the whole wolf pack=pedophiles

• 2 weeks later...

I'm too angry to use the search function.

I've loved muse for years now and joined this forum about a year ago after I found it. I'm PISSED about the film soundtracks muse has been contributing to.

Twilight was a stab to my heart. Letting Twilight use supermassive blackhole was guaranteed to bring thousands of senseless teenage vampire lover wannabees into the fanbase...no...THEY CANT EVEN BE CONSIDERED FANS

Here's one example of a post I found on a Facebook Muse group:

For those of you who have been lucky enough to avoid the twilight fad, Cullen is the last name of the dream boy vampire character that girls are orgasming to. THIS IS JUST ONE PRIME EXAMPLE OF THE KIND OF PEOPLE I AM ASSOCIATING MYSELF WITH WHEN I SAY IM A MUSE FAN. I HAVE TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO EXPLAIN THAT I HATE TWILIGHT AND EDWARD CULLEN AND ALL HIS VAMPIRE BUDDIES. IF ONE MORE PERSON ASKS ME IF I SAW TWILIGHT BECAUSE IM LISTENING TO MUSE I SWEAR...

And today as I was sitting down to watch Friday The 13th, Take A Bow starts playing during the preview for The Watchmen. I'm excited about the Watchmen, but this just means that were now also going to have Watchmen fanboys rant about how great Take A Bow is.

STOP THIS MUSE.

What you're doing is taking a collection of fine/rare coins (we fans) and throwing in a pile of pennies (Twilight/Watchmen fanboys/girls) and going "at least we have more coins in our collection"

NO...IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MANY COINS ARE IN YOUR COLLECTION IF THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF USELESS PENNIES.

Pic related: Its what I want to do to all the twilight fans out there

destroy.jpg

Look, I'm not fond of the Twilight fangirls. People who say they're huge Muse fans after watching Twilight just... rub me up the wrong way. :mad:

But, If they listen to the rest of their music and THEN claim to be a fan, then fair enough to them. Muse deserve every fan they get, but that's not to say that every fan deserves Muse. I don't really like Twilight, but I can't see what's wrong with it :erm: and I don't understand why everyone has become so polarised by it. It's a book. Big deal.

I have a lot of history in both of these feilds-I was brought up with Vampire stories like most people are bought up with Fairy Tales, and I've been a Muse fan for nine years now, so I sort of know what I'm talking about.

The Muse.mu forum desn't need this kind of hate. I'm not saying you shouldn't dislike Twilight fangirls, but don't get so over the top about it. Admittedly, I'm being a little hypocritical here, as I can get very protective of Muse, but try and see all perspectives guys. I'l stop preaching at you now, but please bear in mind what I've said.

• 1 month later...

This past weekend I found something I hate MUCH worse than Twilight fans. I immediately though of this thread.

It's Nickleback fans. UUUUUGGGGHHHHH GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :vomit:! I ran across one that thought Muse was crap and I thought my head was going to explode into a million tiny head bits.

• 3 months later...

Can't believe I never noticed it before...probably because I have never seen any of the twilights but at this stage right now muse is pretty much ''combined'' to twilight as though the band was formed only for the sake of the movies!

Although its good publicity for Muse, I hate people going crazy over them just because of Twilight...they make it look [and sound] like some disgusting new trend!

Personally I've been listening to Muse for years and its them I used to listen to when I read my first vampire book ''Companions of the night'' which was nearly 10 years ago AND also the entire SWEEP series. Must say that Twilight really have put a depressing spin to a group that to many real muse fans viewed as unique and individual.

First I didn't understand all this hate for Twilight (I like Twilight, but that doesn't have anything to do with me liking Muse), but now when I've been reading stuff I can sort of understand you. I read on a Twilight-page that "Oh, and sadly Muse can't come to Sweden, but we still have Taylor and Kristen comming here! <3" :eek: Thats just.... C'mon, THATS MEAN! What about the pwoper Muse-fans? Do they seriously think that Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart is the same as Muse? errr.....

On the same page I also read that NSC was specially written for Eclipse? I find that kinda annoying.. It wasn't specially written for Eclipse, it's written for Gaia! ARRGH. THAT'S the kind of people who should leave Muse alone..

Peace :D

I read on a Twilight-page that "Oh, and sadly Muse can't come to Sweden, but we still have Taylor and Kristen comming here! <3" :eek: Thats just.... C'mon, THATS MEAN! What about the pwoper Muse-fans? Do they seriously think that Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart is the same as Muse?

Well duh you're going to get stuff like that if you're reading a Twilight page. :erm::facepalm: It's not directed at Muse fans like you, it's directed at Twilight fans.

...I'm not a fan of Twilight. I have seen the first two films, and while I haven't read the books I at least know the plot of all four books. But generally I think it's a piece of crap.

That said, I have no problem with Muse on the Twilight soundtrack. Stephenie Meyer is a huge fan and it's very nice of Muse to help her out. And it is damn good exposure, like it or not, and in the end, those who like Muse will stay and become fans, and those who don't, don't. It's not Muse's job to cater to everyone, even if they try to.

:$ I quite liked the books (movies were pretty eh) and thought it sweet that Muse allowed a fan to use their songs in something that meant so much to that fan.

I could only say, if I was talented enough to create something that would be appealing to a large group of people and Muse was a source of inspiration, i would MOST definitely credit Muse:D because I love them and they are amazing....

Just sayin', dont be hating on a book/movie or the author of such book because if that was you, I'm pretty sure you'd have a different opinion:happy:

:stunned:but you can continue to hate on people who are "hipsters" and refuse to listen to Muse cuz Muse is "mainstream" from "being in the Twilight movies" and such

those are the people who should be beaten

• 1 month later...

im sick of hearing about twilight. Chris has said in a interview that he HATES twilight. real muse fans are people who can recite every last word of every song and have their complete discography, some can even play most songs on guitar like myself. this forum is for MUSE fans not twilight fans. they can all go rape a poster of eddie cullen or whatever.

im sick of hearing about twilight. Chris has said in a interview that he HATES twilight. real muse fans are people who can recite every last word of every song and have their complete discography, some can even play most songs on guitar like myself. this forum is for MUSE fans not twilight fans. they can all go rape a poster of eddie cullen or whatever.

And if I like Twilight and Muse I'm not a fan?

I don't know the lyrics to Take A Bow, am I not a fan?

I think your generalization of a 'Muse fan' is awfully off.

I'm assuming you're 12. There's really no other logical explanation. And Chris did not use the word HATE in the interview I'm assuming you're referring to. It's been discussed at length in the Media section.

Archived