Muse-Inside the Muscle Museum or Out of This World: The Story of "Muse"?

syzygy

Okay, so I'm doing a project on Matt Bellamy (best project EVER) and I'm trying to decide which book is better and more informative. I'm leaning more towards The Story of Muse, because I've read some forums and they seem to have liked it better. I've just posted this one because I want to see which one would help me more with a project.

P.S. its a project about poets, and I figured Matt's good enough :D

Thanks!

Oh, and they're both pretty pricey...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Inside the muscle museum was pretty rubbish if you wanted a biog of the band type book. Its great if you want someone to give you their opinion of Muse's music and what influenced it and wat it may sound like..... things like... Such and such a track was obviously heavily influenced by such and such by the Pixies.... I personally thought it was just a vehicle for the author to show off him musical knowledge on loads of other stuff and not really too much about the band...

• 2 years later...

Yeah, Out of This World. Is very very good. Ive already read it and im reading it a second time right now. It tells you alot of very interesting information and insights in the book as it was written from a first-hand kind of view from Mark Beaumont who is a close friend to Muse and have been with them ever since the very start.

Out Of This World went into great detail in the recording process and the earlier days. it rushed a little more during the later years, but frankly I like it that way, since it's the earlier days that are harder to find info on and I ended up learning a lot about the Showbiz and OoS eras.

Out Of This World!

A friend borrowed me it a couple weeks ago and I quite enjoyed it. Like it was said, it has great info about their early days in Teignmouth and recording the first EPs and Showbiz. It also has this footnotes with interesting trivia, like a little MuseWiki. :D

However, I find a little bit annoying that Mark Beaumont talks more about Matt than Dominic or Chris :stunned:, but yeah... it's a great book if you're looking for sources. :happy:

However, I find a little bit annoying that Mark Beaumont talks more about Matt than Dominic or Chris :stunned:, but yeah... it's a great book if you're looking for sources. :happy:

Yeah that got to me too. At least he explained why he didn't write anything on Chris' childhood but all Dom got was one bloody paragraph, and a short one at that. I mean, I suppose Matt has the most interesting mind to explore and talk about but I would like to hear about what the others got up to.

Yeah that got to me too. At least he explained why he didn't write anything on Chris' childhood but all Dom got was one bloody paragraph, and a short one at that. I mean, I suppose Matt has the most interesting mind to explore and talk about but I would like to hear about what the others got up to.

Why didn't he write anything on Chris' childhood? I'm contemplating buying Out of This World, but I've heard mixed reviews so far

Why didn't he write anything on Chris' childhood? I'm contemplating buying Out of This World, but I've heard mixed reviews so far

I think Chris didn't give much info on his childhood.

And if you really are a fan I'd get it. It's not the greatest written book in the world but you'll get more info and details about the band than ever before.

There are chunks of interviews at the end of every chapter. They don't go deeper on details about their childhood but meeeh!

In the first chapter, there's an interview with Dom about his earliest memories when he was a child (moving to Devon and a going to a beach in Spain) and his young musical thoughts, like picking up a small guitar and being dressed up as Adam & The Ants when he was 3yrs old .

Glen Rowe an old band manager, is questioned about Chris childhood. He answers that he was quite guarded. Only that he has a little sister and he grew up being the old brother and a father figure for his mum. That he was quite angry because his dad died when he was little and never had the chance to have a special time.

In the rest of the chapters there are bits about Chris becoming a father and being on a heavy tour and parties, where his drinking became quite difficult.

Archived