Muse featured in the "Twilight Special Edition DVD"

Kylee

I wanna be Alicezzz then! And be around Steph! And create pwetty dresses for her! Can you imagine? Uh? UH? :awesome:

:facepalm:

Let's make a contest, and the one who guesses which Muse song will be used in New Moon, wins a spectacularzz award! :D

Yeah :LOL: Though honestly I haven't the slightest clue what song they'll use next.

Yeah :LOL: Though honestly I haven't the slightest clue what song they'll use next.

Neither do I, of course. Those Twilight music engineers have friggin twisted minds. SMBH in a vampire baseball scene?! WTF?

They're gonna use YFMF, ya knowzz! When Bella rides her cool bike! Awesuum! :awesome:

:facepalm:

:yesey:

Oh ffs. Why don't they just get Matt to act as Edward in New Moon and Smeyer to act as Bella?

I swear, it's like Muse are part of the story or something.

i still respect stephanie meyer because she IS a writer and in my opinion, a good one, but i kinda thought she got the ideas for the cullen brothers from muse.

'cause emmett is supposed to be bulky and kinda bigger than the rest. and that's pretty much chris's description.

and then jasper is tall and thin and he has blond hair...and although dom is not too tall, he's still pretty thin and of course, blond. of course, i'm not sure because i don't know if he had blond hair around the time she wrote twilight.

and of course, edward is light skinned...pretty dark haired... [bronze colored but you get my point]. but then again, i'm not sure because i don't know if matt had dark hair around the time she wrote the first book.

but yes. :)

i still respect stephanie meyer because she IS a writer and in my opinion, a good one, but i kinda thought she got the ideas for the cullen brothers from muse.

'cause emmett is supposed to be bulky and kinda bigger than the rest. and that's pretty much chris's description.

and then jasper is tall and thin and he has blond hair...and although dom is not too tall, he's still pretty thin and of course, blond. of course, i'm not sure because i don't know if he had blond hair around the time she wrote twilight.

and of course, edward is light skinned...pretty dark haired... [bronze colored but you get my point]. but then again, i'm not sure because i don't know if matt had dark hair around the time she wrote the first book.

but yes. :)

during the live aid gig his hair looked a lot lighter!:D

They need a lot more than a soundtrack to make the next movie better. They'll need much better directing, pay closer attention to which parts of the book are required in the script, improve on the acting, better development of the secondary characters... (just to name a few)

I'll give you that. Twilight wasn't a great movie. I personally thought it was a great story (though I can get that it's not everyone's cup of tea) but the movie wasn't executed well. I still think that soundtracks play a major role in a film. It can't hurt to throw some great songs in your movie and if you're looking for great songs, Muse is a good place to start! Who can blame them for wanting to use them?

I just hope they stopped milking the muse association - it starts to feel like SM is trying to show it down our throat at every occasion she or her management get: Yes we've got it you love Muse, they're the inspiration, blah blah blah... I mean it's in the thanks in all her books, on her website, every interview, soundtrack in the movie, videos in the DVD... I mean, come on it starts to have an after taste of desperation...

Again, I can't blame them for wanting to include Muse. If they were that influential, then why not give credit where it's due?

http://twilighters.org/2008/12/11/muse-twilight-contest

This must be the work of Warner? Would Muse usually whore there music like this?

I think this is fake. First, the contest started 12/11/08 and ended 12/19/08--that's too short for a successful promotion. Second, entries were to be sent to a gmail account. Hoax.

Why don't they just get Matt to act as Edward in New Moon

Now that would probably make it a great movie!!! Better than Rob Pattinson!

If Muse had a song used by a film for a soundtrack, I couldn't give a fuck. If it gets more fans then yay for that.

I agree. I'm glad Muse has gained a larger audience. Yeah, some are fickle and will never be loyal fans, but right now they're spending money and trying something new. If some people get hooked and stick around that's great for Muse. If they move on, who cares?

Did everyone get this upset over their appearance on "Not Another Teen Movie"? (I don't know what other soundtracks they've been on but I'm sure there's more.)

:erm:

I agree. I'm glad Muse has gained a larger audience. Yeah, some are fickle and will never be loyal fans, but right now they're spending money and trying something new. If some people get hooked and stick around that's great for Muse. If they move on, who cares?

Did everyone get this upset over their appearance on "Not Another Teen Movie"? (I don't know what other soundtracks they've been on but I'm sure there's more.)

it's not the same. the twilight film was created for the sole purpose of pop culture. they didn't pay any respects to the literature. it's not right. :erm:

it's not the same. the twilight film was created for the sole purpose of pop culture. they didn't pay any respects to the literature. it's not right.

Maybe. I definitely think Summit jumped on the band wagon for the money. I'm sure they saw how much money was being poured into the books and wanted to cash in too.

But I think a lot of people involved in making the movie (Catherine Hardwick for example) enjoyed the books and liked the idea of making them visual. I personally think it was done poorly--it could have been so much better if she stuck to the book more closely. But directors take creative license to squeeze stories into 2 hours however they see fit--in a way they think will sell to the most people.

No doubt SMBH was used strategically, but bottom line is Muse allowed them to use it and they've gained a wider audience from it. And I just can't understand why that's a bad thing.

Maybe. I definitely think Summit jumped on the band wagon for the money. I'm sure they saw how much money was being poured into the books and wanted to cash in too.

But I think a lot of people involved in making the movie (Catherine Hardwick for example) enjoyed the books and liked the idea of making them visual. I personally think it was done poorly--it could have been so much better if she stuck to the book more closely. But directors take creative license to squeeze stories into 2 hours however they see fit--in a way they think will sell to the most people.

No doubt SMBH was used strategically, but bottom line is Muse allowed them to use it and they've gained a wider audience from it. And I just can't understand why that's a bad thing.

I just think it's a bad thing because a lot the Twilight fans ONLY like Muse because their favorite author does. Not for the music. Granted, a lot of them do appreciate Muse and all (or most) of their music. It's the ones who say they're a fan of the band when they've only heard one or two songs and say how it's in Twilight and that's the basis for why they like them that makes it a bad thing. (sorry if that sentence is confusing). Otherwise I don't see too much wrong with it.

• 3 weeks later...
As a collector, it's difficult for me to miss out on swiping anything this band is related to...

But goddammit, I hate Twilight so much...

*grinds teeth*

(sorry, Twilight fans... nothing personal)

its cool. im getting quite sick of it myself at the moment..

I just think it's a bad thing because a lot the Twilight fans ONLY like Muse because their favorite author does. Not for the music. Granted, a lot of them do appreciate Muse and all (or most) of their music. It's the ones who say they're a fan of the band when they've only heard one or two songs and say how it's in Twilight and that's the basis for why they like them that makes it a bad thing. (sorry if that sentence is confusing). Otherwise I don't see too much wrong with it.

I know what you mean! About the whole omg muse omg omg thing you get from those who have only heard SMBH. Then there are the people who claim muse suck because SMBH is all they've heard.

its a shame, really. :$

I know what you mean! About the whole omg muse omg omg thing you get from those who have only heard SMBH. Then there are the people who claim muse suck because SMBH is all they've heard.

its a shame, really. :$

There's one in my class and he's saying that Muse suck because many people likes them...:stunned:...and he haven't even heard them! :mad::eek::mad: And many people likes them because they are good :mad: but he doesn't understand that! :mad: :mad: I want to punch him in the face! :mad: :mad:

• 1 year later...

There's one in my class and he's saying that Muse suck because many people likes them...:stunned:...and he haven't even heard them! :mad::eek::mad: And many people likes them because they are good :mad: but he doesn't understand that! :mad: :mad: I want to punch him in the face! :mad: :mad:

i'd want to punch him in the face too :(

Archived