Songs that you always prefer the studio version of...

Dominic.

It's funny quite a few people think Unintended is better on the album.

I think exactly the opposite, I think it's much more beautiful when played live, especially now Matt's sings it lower (+ intro+ little bass addition:LOL:).

different instruments sometimes makes the live version fail

Megalomania' date=' apart from at RAH with a real organ obviously, which was just stunning for several reasons. The new version of Dead Star had those weird Mamma Mia synths, not as good as the studio version.[/quote']

Dude your account name is awesome xD

And I agree with the Dead Star comment...

The studio version of Dead Star is teh sex. So savage! And I prefer the studio version of Space Dementia; it's just that the live version is too fast for my taste. I want more time with my favorite song.

Those are the first ones that crossed my mind.

Isn't that a problem though? In the studio the boys always get the timing just right but when live they are filled with so much manic energy they rush the songs.

• 2 years later...

Ok, bit of a bump, but listening to my iTunes playlist of the Wembley 11th gig (yes. I have a playlist of every gig I've been to, I'm weird like that...) and I fucking love listening to the TIRO studio version. So powerful and the pre-chorus part imo is some of Muse's best stuff, but live it does nothing for me, it sounds too weak

Unless it changes drastically and gets a lot more beefy then I will not be disappointed if it disappeared next tour. I remember at Reading every song (even UD) sounded awesome on the night, but when TIRO came on it just felt underwhelming

Ok, bit of a bump, but listening to my iTunes playlist of the Wembley 11th gig (yes. I have a playlist of every gig I've been to, I'm weird like that...) and I fucking love listening to the TIRO studio version. So powerful and the pre-chorus part imo is some of Muse's best stuff, but live it does nothing for me, it sounds too weak

Unless it changes drastically and gets a lot more beefy then I will not be disappointed if it disappeared next tour. I remember at Reading every song (even UD) sounded awesome on the night, but when TIRO came on it just felt underwhelming

Glad I'm not the only one who does that :LOL:

I always enjoy TIRO live purely for the fact that it's a fun singalong and it's nice to bounce along to, but it's never been as good as the studio version. That said, I've never liked UD live at all, the best part is Dom's flashy little drum kit. UD, Resistance and Starlight killed the mood at Leeds, and I actually like Starlight.

Glad I'm not the only one who does that :LOL:

I always enjoy TIRO live purely for the fact that it's a fun singalong and it's nice to bounce along to, but it's never been as good as the studio version. That said, I've never liked UD live at all, the best part is Dom's flashy little drum kit. UD, Resistance and Starlight killed the mood at Leeds, and I actually like Starlight.

I thought Starlight was good, and was pleasantly surprised by UD. Resistance was standard, nothing special (although I do like the intro/outro he does when he's not using the double-neck)

Reading back through this thread after R&L. I take back what I said about Screenager. I adored the Reading version, and Hyper Music sounded amazing as well. Preferred them both to their studio versions

I thought Starlight was good, and was pleasantly surprised by UD. Resistance was standard, nothing special (although I do like the intro/outro he does when he's not using the double-neck)

Reading back through this thread after R&L. I take back what I said about Screenager. I adored the Reading version, and Hyper Music sounded amazing as well. Preferred them both to their studio versions

I remember enjoying Resistance and Starlight at Wembley, they sounded much better than normal. Yeah, R&L had the best performances of those two songs imho.

I agree TIRO isn't great live. It's enjoyable enough, it's just a bit flat. The only version I really like is the one from Glastonbury 2010.

I thought UD was terrible at Leeds and Reading, so, so dull. I could never decide whether I liked it or not listening to the studio version, and it seemed decent on the Wembley DVD, but actually hearing it for real was really disapointing.

Resistance I think only works with the doubleneck, and even then isn't all that. but I did enjoy it at the two fesitvals because of how good the crowd was for it.

I like Starlight live, it sounded pretty beefy at the two festivals, and there's a few other performances I enjoy listening back to; the one they dedicated to Bell was spectacular.

Citizen Erased is always a bit disappointing live, it's my favourite Muse track and I love the total perfection of the studio version. The worst thing about hearing it live is that no-one seems to know when it ends and they start applauding too soon, which drives me crazy :mad:

Archived