An 8-Bit tribute to Muse

SkimWear

• 11 months later...

Some of you might remember around a year ago an album was release of Muse covers made using old 8-bit video game consoles, music known as chiptune. That album has since then been downloaded over 4000 times, and since it seemed to go down so well here, we made a second album. We started working on this in March and only finished a couple of weeks ago, and it's a free download, so you have no excuse not to listen ;)

Download link - http://www.mediafire.com/?d3eoyzhtzym

Tracklist:

1. Chipso Facto - Exo-Politics

2. FTF - Citizen Erased

3. Bit-Craft - New Born

4. Zombectro - Hyper Music

5. Ville Wannabe - Sunburn

6. FTF - Stockholm Syndrome

7. Hot Mess - Uprising

8. Microchip - Fury

9. Goatslacker - Muscle Museum

10. Sparkyboy - Undisclosed Desires

11. Mystic Hero - Space Dementia

FrontCover-1.gif

Have fun!

Cheers!

Description:

This album is a compilation of Muse cover songs, however they are not quite what you’d expect. All the music on this album was created using the sounds of old video game consoles, either emulated or recorded with the original hardware. We hope you enjoy listening to these interesting covers of songs by a great band.

Track List:

* Chipso Facto - Exo-Politics

* FTF - Citizen Erased

* Bit-Craft - New Born

* ZOMBECTRO - Hyper Music

* Ville Wannabe - Sunburn

* FTF - Stockholm Syndrom

* Hotmess - Uprising

* Microchip - Fury

* goatslacker - Muscle Museum

* Sparkyboy - Undisclosed Desires

* Mystic Hero - Space Dementia

Artwork by: Sparkyboy

• 6 months later...

For anyone who doesn't know, I was browsing youtube the other day and stumbled across these awesome versions of a few Muse songs by a guy called Florio003. Supposedly he turned the songs into MIDI then converted them to 8-Bit. Some of them turned out better than others but they all end up being surprisingly good. My favourites are probably Resistance, Stockholm Syndrome and Supermassive Black Hole.

If anyone's interested, I even stretched my (somewhat limited) creative side and made some cover art:

[spoiler=The Resistance]theresistance8bittribut.jpg

Working on Showbiz now but cannot for the life of me figure out how to take away that woman in the background and still have it look decent :(

I would have tried Absolution but someone already did a phenomenal version of it:

[spoiler=Absolution]8_Bit_Muse_Album_by_Ellmer.png

Sorry if this has been posted before by the way, did a search and couldn't find anything.

[spoiler"] *message* [/spoiler]

if you want "SHOW SPOILERS ON X", then go:

[spoiler"=X] *message* [/spoiler]

Just take out the quate marks. FOR EXAMPLE! I made 2 more covers :3

[spoiler=Origin of Symmetry]originofsymmetry8bit.jpg

[spoiler=Showbiz]showbiz8bit.jpg

Also, sorry mods. I searched for 8-Bit and it said nothing was found. Pfffffft.

I had to google to find the thread to merge with because this forums search engines it pretty useless and doesn't like to search for things like common words, or words shorter than 4 letters, because you know, it's not like those words are actually used or anything...

• 2 months later...

Archived