"Musevangelists"

gocanux

BWAHAHA! I have completed my first real Musevangelist mission.

I hung out with an old friend today... we've talked a bit online, but we haven't really had time together since LAST October! Needless to say, we had to catch up. A good portion of dinner was me talking about how much I love Muse.. and the anagram/bike fiasco. After that, it's apparent how much I love this band, so he was interested in hearing their stuff if I speak of them so well. I told him I had an extra copy of Absolution in my car (don't ask...) so I let him have it - another addition to my taking him out tonight for an early birthday present. We headed across the street to the downtown portion of my city (if you can call it that.) to go to Starbucks. He wanted to listen to the CD then, I guess so I could talk about it, so we sat in my car for a good 30ish minutes listening to at least half of each song so he could get a taste of it. We headed over to Starbucks after that, and then we were planning to go somewhere else if it wasn't closed. We drove in seperate cars, so when I was pulling out, I saw him opening the CD and putting it in :D so I hope he loves them as much as he hopes to.

YAYYYYYY! :D

It never occurred to me until now that I have done some Musevangelizing, and somewhat successfully to boot!

My friend and I are big time music nuts. She's a DJ at a modern rock station, but it's located in a small town so her exposure to new music was limited to what the station manager added to the playlist. So, I burned and mailed her CD's all the time because I'm cool like that. :cool: Anyway, one of the CD's I sent to her was Absolution. She had requested some others, and I sent it along knowing she'd love it just as much as I did. Sure enough, she freaking loved it! Shortly after that, I sent her copies of OoS, Showbiz, Hullabaloo, and a mix CD of some of their B-sides I downloaded. Now, they're her favorite band, and she just can't get enough of them! She's been with me twice to see them, and I know I made her a fan for life! :D

My sister is not a big fan of them, and she thought my intense adoration for them was a bit insane (that's putting it mildly! :LOL: ). So, in attempt to get her smitten for them, I made her buy tickets to their concert they had here in town last November. I also wanted her to go and show our guys support since I was out of town that night seeing the Pixies. *sigh* So, the concert came and went, and she didn't have much to say about it. That left me a bit deflated. About a month later, she asks for OoS and Absolution so she could make a mix CD. She doesn't gush about them, but she at least likes them somewhat. Partial success, half point for me! :cool:

I have some evangelizing set for the very near future, too. I'm always talking about the band, and how great they are on a forum I mod at, and 3 of the members have asked about them. One is a friend of mine in Canada, and she asked me which songs to download of theirs so she can familiarize herself with them. That would be a major score since she LOVES Britney Spears. :rolleyes: Another member is a local friend, and she asked me to burn some of their stuff. Naturally, I jumped at the opportunity, and will be making her a couple of sampler CD's later this week. The third member is a gal whom became interested after all my blabbering about them. So, she's going to take a listen to some of their songs on the official site, and let me know what she thinks later on. Plus, another member of the same forum ALMOST went to the recent Austin show because of how I went on and on about how great they were live. Something came up though, and she couldn't go. :(

That's not all though. A few weeks ago, I was talking music with some random guy at the bar and I brought up Muse. Horror of horrors, he never heard of them! So, I gladly offered to send him some of their stuff, which I will be doing later this week as well. I did manage to squeeze in a plug for Muse while I was talking to some other guy that night, too. Of course, I didn't get a chance to preach the good word much since we were busy talking about other things. ;) Lastly, I mentioned Muse at a previous hair appointment, and my stylist's interest was piqued. So, I'm going to make a mix CD to give to her at my next appointment. Anywho, wish me luck that all of these people will fall under the charms of Muse. Honestly, I don't see how they can't!

Oi, sorry for the novel! My brain is working overtime and I can't sleep because of it. :$

hmmm.. you know, i think i have pwned that.

i broke my pointer toe.

someone dropped a motorbike on the damn thing.

but did ii scream and holler?

no.

i said, and i quote: could you please move this, it's quite uncomfortable.

i'm still working on museevangelizing my boyfriend.

i'm sending him away with a mix cd heavy on the muse-age. lol

now if he listens to it... :horns:

Archived