"Musevangelists"

gocanux

What music is she into? I bet if her friends liked Muse she would too. Maybe this is her way of being "different" from big sister. Have you tried Muse on her friends?

No, I haven't, but they think I'm weird! They were with me when I got your CD's and I freaked out a little bit. I'll try playing them Muse when I'm home again on the weekend. She listens to Evanescence, GreenDay and Linkin Park.

I managed to Musevangelise my dad and my mum can now recognise them by still thnks that Matt's voice is unaturally high.

That's great! Your Mom will grow to love his voice if she likes the music, you'll see.

I managed to Musevangelise my dad and my mum can now recognise them by still thnks that Matt's voice is unaturally high.
So did my mum until she heard me playing a bootleg (Blackout at Earls on the 20th, Je-sus that is WEIRD! it just came on the iTunes!)

and she was like, "That's not the Muse guy is it? I thought he'd talk like Josh." Josh being my 7-year-old brother whose voice is generally a few octaves above the range of human hearing.

She compared Muse to the Darkness? Heresy....
Yeah, my mouth was open the whole way home from the chippy. I told her the ones on 'that board I post on' would be urging matricide when they heard about it. That, and my brother's "drowning sheep" comment (Blackout again...)

Maybe you should let your Mom test some ear plugs and let you listen to Muse!!!
Ended up the other way round. She likes some of their stuff but still avoids Citizen. :mad: Mentalist! Anyway, halfway through it earlier today she turns it off and puts on the radio. Chemical Brothers, then that awful Ludacris song. I stuck on my iPod and played Micro Cuts as loud as was painless. She didn't notice though, cos it was raining so hard.

.... She likes some of their stuff but still avoids Citizen.

And this MuseMom can't get Citizen Erased out of my head all weekend...

I have had several Musevangelist moments on my California travels this weekend. In the rental car line behind me I overheard some people talking about Coachella---they had just flown in from Chicago for the festival---and we chatted about the Lollapalooza in Chicago this July, and of course the topic turned to Muse. The one gal said someone had given her the Absolution CD but she hadn't heard it yet, so she got the whole speel from me!

When I made hotel reservations for Austin, the gal at the hotel in downtown Austin said she had heard that Muse are good (a study in understatement!) so I talked her into getting tix and going to the concert next Saturday!

Oh by the way Gocanux, I should give you my cell phone number so you can call me during the concert so I can get a little taste. :D

PM me. I usually call my work # so I can listen to the songs on my voicemail when I return to work.

And this MuseMom can't get Citizen Erased out of my head all weekend...

I have had several Musevangelist moments on my California travels this weekend. In the rental car line behind me I overheard some people talking about Coachella---they had just flown in from Chicago for the festival---and we chatted about the Lollapalooza in Chicago this July, and of course the topic turned to Muse. The one gal said someone had given her the Absolution CD but she hadn't heard it yet, so she got the whole speel from me!

When I made hotel reservations for Austin, the gal at the hotel in downtown Austin said she had heard that Muse are good (a study in understatement!) so I talked her into getting tix and going to the concert next Saturday!

are you going to lollapalooza? cuz i think i'm buying tickets soon.... but it'll be postponed for a bit if i go to austin for the show...

it started out that a friend and i were listening to muse. now we'd need a small bus to take all of our recruits to a concert [once they finally get to california again, that is]. it began with two; now we're at 13 and counting. and they buy albums.

you hear that, guys? i'd be a fabulous publicist if given the opportunity, lol. ;)

:LOL: Smart! I'm starting to think you're just a wee bit obsessed ;) The concert should be good craic anyway. Lucky thing. :indiff:

My family has known that I am "just a wee bit obsessed" for months. I flew 3000 miles to see them in Philly and Maryland; now I'm going 2400 miles to see them in Austin. (After a mere 1200 miles or so to LA in December).

But it actually is cool to return to work after a concert, bummed to be back in the grind, and there on the voicemail is a song or three from the concert!

What is a "craic"? I'm the queen of typos but couldn't figure that one out.

hi mom :D you should yell at taylor and jacob

they didnt wake me up and i accidentally slept through class

hahaah

He's in college and can't figure out how to use his alarm clock, folks! So glad I'm spending all that money on tuition. (Isn't that the class you will miss on Thursday DRIVING TO AUSTIN TO SEE MUSE?)

yup... so this was my last class of it. i guess i'll just have taylor hand him my paper on thursday when i'm gone. i told him i wasnt gonna be here thursday (he teaches both my t/th courses) and he was okay with it though

Very tacky, my dear---better to find the guy in his office or another class and hand in the paper tomorrow.

it ISSSS

one day in magic class, he pulled out this giant knife and started drawing pentagrams in the air and chanting in like aramaic or something. it was nuts

Greeeeaaattt; even the professors in your college are on drugs.

My family has known that I am "just a wee bit obsessed" for months. I flew 3000 miles to see them in Philly and Maryland; now I'm going 2400 miles to see them in Austin. (After a mere 1200 miles or so to LA in December).
:ohmy: I thought that if I went to see all (<2) of their Irish shows on the next tour I'd be showing dedication...

What is a "craic"? I'm the queen of typos but couldn't figure that one out.
No, no, I spelt it right... sorry, I keep forgetting not everyone is familiar with Irish slang. Craic is... well... damn, how do you define it? It's sort of like, there being a good atmosphere. Like, "Kevin's not going? It's not craic without him," or, "Remember the time we took the bus to Dublin? That was great craic."

:$

Archived