"Musevangelists"

gocanux

I know what you mean. Everyone in my house (my sons age 14 and 18, and myself) are Musers except my husband, who can't get past Matthew's falsetto. It seems the only concert vid he has seen is Microcuts; seemed to be on the TV every time he came downstairs over Christmas. But he listens to some blues that to me sounds like a roomful of cats being mercilessly tortured.

And remember, even filthy rich talentless anorexics need Muse!

no.

no they don't.

what, does he listen to the white stripes?

that seems to be my dad's opinion of THEM.

i was playing under blackpool lights and my dad said somethign to that effect.

and that they suck.

he's common thought on most things i like.

i was at home yesterday laying on my couch and the muse video came on mtv2. my older brother came out of his room, stood there watching the video, and i finally said something non-chalantly like "you ever hear of those guys?"

long story short, he ended up borrowing my absolution cd and a copy of OOS for his roadtrip home to florida (from missouri = long trip). we'll see soon how that turned out.

what, does he listen to the white stripes?

that seems to be my dad's opinion of THEM.

i was playing under blackpool lights and my dad said somethign to that effect. and that they suck. he's common thought on most things i like.

Actually my husband likes SOME new music; loves American Idiot I gave him for Christmas. But mostly he listens to authentic 5-bar Chicago blues, which does nothing for me. I'm going to slip a copy of Absolution and OOS into the CD player in his car and just let him listen for a while; he'll become hooked, like we all did, you'll see. My true test of Musevangelism!

BTW, strong work, FAWKiernan!

Actually my husband likes SOME new music; loves American Idiot I gave him for Christmas. But mostly he listens to authentic 5-bar Chicago blues, which does nothing for me. I'm going to slip a copy of Absolution and OOS into the CD player in his car and just let him listen for a while; he'll become hooked, like we all did, you'll see. My true test of Musevangelism!

BTW, strong work, FAWKiernan!

Actually that is in the lines of what I did to my husband; anytime we drive anywhere we listen to Muse, when we're home we watch Muse live on the tv and he has embraced their music totally - don't get me wrong he still listens to his Aerosmith and Zeppelin but he certainly enjoys it when Muse is on.

Now that we're stuck at home buried in 2 feet of snow what is better than having the fire going and listening to Muse?

I'm envious of your snow; all we seem to get is rain, but then this is Washington.

I have been accused of being obsessed with Muse (no, really? not me!) so I try to listen to other music in the car, but Colin just HAS to listen to B&H or Plug In Baby or Newborn, and there we go again. But we have converted most of his friends, who of course had only heard Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio around here.

ugh.

you too ocean?

i got out of work early because of the snow and didn't have to go today because of it.

we left early because they were about to close the roads.

i work out int he middle of nowhere. it was rediculous getting out there in the first place, worse coming back.

although i got a kick out of how the town either drafted civilians with plows to come out and do the roads or they were doing it on there own.

i'm inclined to think out near my work they were doing it on there own for there own benefit, but i know they had people in town doing it.

it was funny though-

i did a power slide out of my work's driveway on to the road because i couldn't stop, and another turning on to the main road to get home to penn yan.

fun fun fun.

i really hate snow.

anyone wants to trade me is welcome to. lol

seeing england's apparent lack of snow is making me feel more and more like going over there to stay.

my form of musevangelism is playing at open mikes and dropping the naem in conversation.

isn't working very well.

fine by me.

more for me. lol

One of my son's friends bought out the supply of Absolution CD's at a large store and gave them to everyone he knew for Christmas.

omg that was like the funniest conversation ever... heres how it went:

me: so tyrus, what'd you buy for your family for christmas

tyrus: *holds up 4 copies of absolution*

me: *smacks self in forehead* HAHAHAHA

I'm envious of your snow; all we seem to get is rain, but then this is Washington.

I have been accused of being obsessed with Muse (no, really? not me!) so I try to listen to other music in the car, but Colin just HAS to listen to B&H or Plug In Baby or Newborn, and there we go again. But we have converted most of his friends, who of course had only heard Hysteria and TIRO because that's all that gets played on the radio around here.

i dont get why you dont talk to NoName or Harms and just tell them to play the other songs. they can do that right? i mean they know you, and they already play random songs that arent singles off of other cds like American Idiot (i heard they even play Jesus of Suburbia, which is nearly 10 minutes long) so they should be able to play New Born and B&H and stuff too!

ive converted about 30 people. the first song i heard on the radio was muscle museum and i went to see muse inadvertedly. fuck me i was blown away.

sadly, being the american that i am... the first muse song i ever heard was Stockholm Syndrome. the local rock station began playing it in the fall of '03 for reasons i still have yet to figure out. i loved the song but for some reason i didnt think that much of it until one day my friend jordan randomly bought Absolution and played it in his car on the way back to my house. within 15 minutes, i had a burned copy and i couldnt stop listening to it. this then quickly hooked my mom (gocanux), and later my brother... it spread to like all of my friends and most of his friends and continues to spread even now.

thats awesome... my friends are all not really into music as much as i am, so when we do have that conversation, i like to be all cool about it and not so, pee in my pants excited about it... which inevitably happens once they become hooked. i turn into a squealing schoolgirl..

i wish we had snow. except for the fact i'd still have to go into work, as we get business in the snow. (i deliver pizzas) last 2 ft we got, i drove to work in my altima and made pizzas for about 10 hours

Most people I know who like muse ALOT are bloody obsessive, I myself try to steer clear of said people.

"omg i want bellerrrrrrrrrmy on a grand piano"

And that's just the males*

Says something, don't it? ;)

*Just to make it more interesting

hahahaha sadly even over here in the boring old US, i know a few people like that. i dont get people who love a band because of the members though. i mean ill admit, im pretty damn obsessed, but its the music that gets me. i mean, this song... Bliss, ... i duno, tonight just brought new meaning to it for me and ... ah. ... i cant even explain it. its amazing

ugh.

you too ocean?

i got out of work early because of the snow and didn't have to go today because of it.

we left early because they were about to close the roads.

i work out int he middle of nowhere. it was rediculous getting out there in the first place, worse coming back.

although i got a kick out of how the town either drafted civilians with plows to come out and do the roads or they were doing it on there own.

i'm inclined to think out near my work they were doing it on there own for there own benefit, but i know they had people in town doing it.

it was funny though-

i did a power slide out of my work's driveway on to the road because i couldn't stop, and another turning on to the main road to get home to penn yan.

fun fun fun.

i really hate snow.

anyone wants to trade me is welcome to. lol

lol

Being from Canada we DO love the snow especially that first snowfall. Our neighbors love having Canadians on the street with the big snow blower clearing everybody's driveway and even the street - we live in a cul-de-sac and the plow doesn't get here 'till almost 2 days after the fact. How much snow did you end up with? We have over 2 feet!

Being from Canada we DO love the snow especially that first snowfall. Our neighbors love having Canadians on the street with the big snow blower clearing everybody's driveway and even the street - we live in a cul-de-sac and the plow doesn't get here 'till almost 2 days after the fact. How much snow did you end up with? We have over 2 feet!

I'm from Canada, and i suppose i have a love-hate relationship with snow...it's lovely to look at and yet i hate it..freezes my ass off..especially now with all these friggn snow storms..skin's chapped like crazy! :(

hahahaha sadly even over here in the boring old US, i know a few people like that. i dont get people who love a band because of the members though. i mean ill admit, im pretty damn obsessed, but its the music that gets me. i mean, this song... Bliss, ... i duno, tonight just brought new meaning to it for me and ... ah. ... i cant even explain it. its amazing

Brian, what are you doing up at 5:30 AM? I KNOW you didn't get up early; Don't you have classes today???? Busted!

BTW, I'm trying not to bug Harms and NoName (DJ's on our alternative station who are Muse fans, for you non-Seattleites) because I don't want them to think I'm an obsessive weirdo. I am, but there's no need for them to know that!

I'm from Canada, and i suppose i have a love-hate relationship with snow...it's lovely to look at and yet i hate it..freezes my ass off..especially now with all these friggn snow storms..skin's chapped like crazy! :(

I guess a better choice of words would have been "being from Canada I'm used to the snow". Those winters are pretty long! Just came back from tobogganing with my daughter and friends (day off from school) and it got pretty nippy out there and we're nowhere near the temps in Toronto.

Hang in there Darkshines and don't forget lots of moisturizer!

I guess a better choice of words would have been "being from Canada I'm used to the snow". Those winters are pretty long! Just came back from tobogganing with my daughter and friends (day off from school) and it got pretty nippy out there and we're nowhere near the temps in Toronto.

Hang in there Darkshines and don't forget lots of moisturizer!

oooh yea..pretty nippy indeed! Need to get out some of that Vasaline..heavy duty moistrurizer! hehe...

... im pretty damn obsessed, but its the music that gets me. i mean, this song... Bliss, ... i duno, tonight just brought new meaning to it for me and ... ah. ... i cant even explain it. its amazing

Caution: too much info..."tonight...me and..." (sorry mom) hahaha.

It's all about the music. Bliss is indeed one of those songs!

Archived