Hello to you all,

I am wondering since a long time now why Muse aren't recording (or so it seems) any new acoustic versions of their songs... As far as I know, the most recent one was an acoustic version of "Time is running out" (or am I wrong??). I really miss their acoustic songs because I think that's where their musical abilities, that make them stand out in the world of rock music, can be heard in their purest way. And i prefer Matt's more precise and more careful singing in the acoustic versions, his voice is very clear and he sustains the notes longer and sings ALL the words COMPLETELY (by the way: don't you think it's a bit of a shame how he sings "Unintended" and "Hoodoo" on the Haarp-dvd? so unarticulated, it destroys the beauty of those whole (brilliant!) songs! Such a pity! The same goes for the latest versions of "Fury": Why on earth does he only sing "...to punish u- and make a fu-"?? I miss the former brilliance of "Fury" from the (best-of-all-dvds-)Absolution-dvd...). I would love it if they decided to record an acoustic album, for a change... Muse unplugged, wouldn't that be great?

Well, I really love ALL their acoustic songs, but if I were to name my three favourites (difficult task, indeed!!), they would be:

1) Sing for absolution (Radio 2 performance, it's on the "Hurr&Butt"-single): MASTERPIECE!!!

2) Hate this and I'll love you (early B-side): BRILLIANT! I love the solo before the last corus!

3) Muscle Museum (another early B-side): BEAUTIFUL, such a young, clear voice, and so well played...

Well now it's your turn: What are your favourite acoustic versions of Muse-songs? And what would you think about a "Muse-unplugged"-album? Thanks for answering! And happy new year! (-:

P.S.: As I said, it's a difficult task, chosing only three songs... If I were to name two more, they would be "Cave" acoustic and, of course, "Bedroom acoustics"... Wonder if Matt is still able to play that song...

Edited by AT
needed to add a few important things...

I have to agree, every acoustic song they've done sounds great. That's the mark of a true band, to play unplugged and lose nothing in the music.

Favorite acoustic songs:

Shine

Map of Your Head

SFA

TIRO

Unintended

Hoodoo(the acoustic parts)

i didn't like "Time is running out" Acoustic version

tho i like most of the other acoustics by muse

:eek:

TIRO acoustic <3

Sing for Absolution acoustic on Butterflies and Hurricanes single. the only single ive ever owned by them, it had that uMix on it and that was great.

they should do acoustic version of take a bow and map of the problematique

Haha

I personally think it would be awesome if they released an acoustic album.

set list?

Time Is Running Out

Sing For Absolution

Cave

Muscle Museum

any other suggestions?

Muscle Museum acoustic is good. Well, the different take one with the latin flavour. Really good. I like Plug In Baby too.

Plug in baby acoustic is superb

maybe mainly i like plug in baby, i know how to play it on guitar and i atm i have no Electric guitar so i can play it on my acoustic guitar :happy: but wait i already smashed my acoustic guitar this new year :(

Hi,

I just wanted to thank you all for your replies (why are there so few??) by sharing this amazing video with you from the very early (honest, authentic, brilliant...) times... Enjoy, and let's all hope that Muse will find their way back one day to these brilliant acoustics!

i love Uno in acoustic, it really does sound different

Wow, I didn't know that they recorded an acoustic version of "Uno"... Where can I find it??

Map of Your Head and Shine are two of my favorites. I didn't know there was an acoustic version of Time is Running Out, I can't imagine a heavier song like it made acoustic, I'm going to search it in a second.

An acoustic Sing for Absolution would be awesome! The song converts prefectly and it'd sound amazing.