Is it me or is the recording of megalomania pretty poor? No atmosphere, no dynamics... i prefer:

That's what proshots are like in general, hence why Liam's Reading DVD edits were far more enjoyable than the BBC ones. Had much better variety of angles and sound which kept a lot of audience perspective - hence it captured the atmosphere a lot better than the BBC did.

I find that a lot of the time, HQ amateur video's do live shows a lot more justice than proshots. That said, I still bloody love this one.

I imagine the organ doesn't sound as good because they weren't originally planning on releasing the performance, so when they mic'd up the organ (which I presume they did) they did it relatively close mic'ing, just so they could run it through the PA, but rely mostly on the actual sound from the organ for the show (I'm probably phrasing this really badly, I'm tired kay?). So basically on the recording they have of it, the organ won't sound so huge because they didn't have any ambient mics to capture the atmosphere of it?

Iuno

I imagine the organ doesn't sound as good because they weren't originally planning on releasing the performance, so when they mic'd up the organ (which I presume they did) they did it relatively close mic'ing, just so they could run it through the PA, but rely mostly on the actual sound from the organ for the show (I'm probably phrasing this really badly, I'm tired kay?). So basically on the recording they have of it, the organ won't sound so huge because they didn't have any ambient mics to capture the atmosphere of it?

Iuno

As confusing as it was to describe, I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe it's just hard to mic a real organ or something

I liked the present! I was watching it intently when my dad walked in and started talking to me. I rudely waved him away and said, "There are some things you don't interrupt!"

Thanks Muse! (and sorry, Dad)

indeed:)

I've never seen this footage before so i was pretty happy when i saw it in my mailbox :) i thought it was gonna be some random live performance but then I saw the vid and thought "sweet mother of christ this is the best christmas gift ever!" so yeah. thanks, Muse, we love ya.

I have to agree with some people that the sound quality isn't the best. It's like what they did with HAARP - drowned out the crowd so it almost sounds like a live lounge session or something; it reduces the atmosphere when you can't hear anything except the band playing, imo. But it's still a stellar performance from one of the best Muse shows I've been to, so I'm still happy :happy:. In fact, I might go and watch the whole DVD now :D! I swear at one point during Starlight I could see myself in the crowd, so gonna look out for that again :LOL:.

Did it just stop ? Did it show you somekind of an error or something?

I could resume download, but I couldnt watch it.

I tried download the other file,it was ok.

why?????

Did I fail to get correct contents? or Dose form of Present's file differ from the others?

Archived