Megalomania? 2008? Blegh :-( .... Feels like that time when someone got me a pair of underwear and socks for Christmas

I guess the phenomenal OoS anniversary performances at R&L were done EXCLUSIVELY for the few fans in the U.K. who could easily make it to the gigs? So what about all the other thousands of hardcore fans? Rely on a fan-contributed bootleg? You've got to be joking? As if we weren't screwed around enough by that pathetic BBC broadcast ^_^ =/

I know a Christmas present is "over-and-above" - nobody should complain about getting something for free, and I know that what the present is should be unpredictable... but for the life of me I still can't rationalize how such a mammoth performance could have taken place for such a select number of fans (and non-fans) at the expense of the rest of us. Please someone just set my mind at ease here and tell me that there is a fair chance that we will still see a DVD/proshots of R&L in the (near) future, so that I can stop raging uncontrollably already

As the above poster said, there's still the possibility of a DVD out there (unless it turns into another Earl's Court, but remember the band have yet to release a concert DVD for this tour). Anyways a whole DVD is never really a Christmas gift. The gift is normally a single video or two like this one.

Yes, I'm also disappointed that the band keeps such an exclusivity for the people who were there, considering there were thousands who will probably never see those songs and there were probably many people at the festival who'd never even heard of Muse. But it wouldn't say there's "just" a bootleg. It has one of the best audio mixes of any Muse gig thus far.

RAH is not bad at all too. From what I've seen I'd say it's better than R/L. One of Muse's best concerts and I'd probably take an RAH DVD over a R/L DVD. To me it's more like opening a present and getting that thing I wanted 2 years ago that I though I'd never get in my life.

Exactly. I think it's everyone's prerogative to complain about stuff they've paid for but not a free Xmas gift :noey:.

Plus, like I said before, this was WAY more unique and special than anything from OoS at R/L. OoS songs will come back in future, I'm sure, even Megalomania - but playing it at the RAH won't in all likelyhood.

Got home last night and watched it. I still feel like I'm yet to hear a live version of Megalomania that does the album version justice. Hullabaloo probably comes closest though, even though the principle of the RAH performance is very cool. :$

Got home last night and watched it. I still feel like I'm yet to hear a live version of Megalomania that does the album version justice. Hullabaloo probably comes closest though, even though the principle of the RAH performance is very cool. :$

I don't think that's possible, unless they take a leaf out of Radiohead's book and do live vocal "multi-tracking" (not sure of the technical name)

Nice present :happy:Though I'd have prefered something new. I assume we won't get that Resistance live dvd anymore so they could have given us a little part of this .... :(

But okay it's nice though :happy:

You mean like Uprising?

or maybe Undisclosed Desires?

It seems to me the ppl moaning had a set idea of what it might be/what they want i.e. R/L and because they didnt get what they wanted they've become disappointed. Standard muse fans.

Also anything 'newer' doesnt even compare to the rarity of their gig at RAH, hence why they are trying to share more of it.

I know people are saying this is a special performance of Megalomania, and I agree, but who's to say Muse won't play RAH again? Can't rule out the possibility.

If they do, I'll certainly be there to see Megalomania on that monster organ! They couldn't not play it, "It would be rude not to play this beast" as Matt says ;)

I know people are saying this is a special performance of Megalomania, and I agree, but who's to say Muse won't play RAH again? Can't rule out the possibility.

If they do, I'll certainly be there to see Megalomania on that monster organ! They couldn't not play it, "It would be rude not to play this beast" as Matt says ;)

They may have a new organ song, so they could play it instead of Megalomania, who knows.

I don't think that's possible, unless they take a leaf out of Radiohead's book and do live vocal "multi-tracking" (not sure of the technical name)

I really don't see why it would be hard for them to do this, i.e recording the vocals of the first chorus and overlaying them over the second chorus so thta might could sing the higher part. It's still an awesome live song though :happy:

Archived