Sound quality, editing, or just performance? I prefer Hullabaloo for the first two but the RAH performance is superior.

I prefer Hullabaloo's performance as well :erm:

Then again, I am going through a Hullabaloo phase at the moment so I'll be biased to a lot of things on it.

I prefer Hullabaloo's performance as well :erm:

Then again, I am going through a Hullabaloo phase at the moment so I'll be biased to a lot of things on it.

I just don't really like the way the ended Megalomania in the earlier days. More recent performances go for the epic feel the song has, and with the real organ at RAH it's just perfect.

A little speculation flashback to 2008....

(I imagine similar posts from 2009 onwards as well).

:chuckle:

Megalofuckingmania from RAH plz.

Megalomania at RAH, pleeeaaase!!!!

megalomania from rah'd be awesome...

I really can't understand why anyone would want anything other than Megalomania at the Royal Albert Hall. :LOL:

Megalofuckingmania pls.

I wonder if Hullabaloo featured the 2nd biggest organ of the entire UK

Well the way they've mixed the RAH version only shows the organ to be powerful in the chorus and at the end to me. Of course I'm sure it was much more powerful for the people who were there but the Hullabaloo mix does the organ part more justice in my opinion (even though it was done with a keyboard).

Well the way they've mixed the RAH version only shows the organ to be powerful in the chorus and at the end to me. Of course I'm sure it was much more powerful for the people who were there but the Hullabaloo mix does the organ part more justice in my opinion (even though it was done with a keyboard).

In the fan recording the organ sounds much more massive.

It won't download for me!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::fear::fear::fear:

Wouldn't work for me either so had to watch it on Youtube. It's fantastic but it was a bit disappointing having to watch it like that - didn't feel like MY present! The Albert Hall organ is an amazing instrument, remember in 1967 watching one of the Mothers of Invention playing Louie Louie on it. Crazy!

Anyway, thanks Muse!!!

Megalomania? 2008? Blegh :-( .... Feels like that time when someone got me a pair of underwear and socks for Christmas

I guess the phenomenal OoS anniversary performances at R&L were done EXCLUSIVELY for the few fans in the U.K. who could easily make it to the gigs? So what about all the other thousands of hardcore fans? Rely on a fan-contributed bootleg? You've got to be joking? As if we weren't screwed around enough by that pathetic BBC broadcast ^_^ =/

I know a Christmas present is "over-and-above" - nobody should complain about getting something for free, and I know that what the present is should be unpredictable... but for the life of me I still can't rationalize how such a mammoth performance could have taken place for such a select number of fans (and non-fans) at the expense of the rest of us. Please someone just set my mind at ease here and tell me that there is a fair chance that we will still see a DVD/proshots of R&L in the (near) future, so that I can stop raging uncontrollably already

Megalomania? 2008? Blegh :-( .... Feels like that time when someone got me a pair of underwear and socks for Christmas

I guess the phenomenal OoS anniversary performances at R&L were done EXCLUSIVELY for the few fans in the U.K. who could easily make it to the gigs? So what about all the other thousands of hardcore fans? Rely on a fan-contributed bootleg? You've got to be joking? As if we weren't screwed around enough by that pathetic BBC broadcast ^_^ =/

I know a Christmas present is "over-and-above" - nobody should complain about getting something for free, and I know that what the present is should be unpredictable... but for the life of me I still can't rationalize how such a mammoth performance could have taken place for such a select number of fans (and non-fans) at the expense of the rest of us. Please someone just set my mind at ease here and tell me that there is a fair chance that we will still see a DVD/proshots of R&L in the (near) future, so that I can stop raging uncontrollably already

There is still hope to see R&L in the form of a DVD of some sorts, although not sure how likely this'll be.

Anyway, there are much better performances of OOS songs on YouTube from Muse (OOS & Absolution tours etc).

Archived