Hullabaloo DVD Error

can't be all regions, mine is the same way as well -- it can only be played in my macbook or another laptop, or my portable DVD player.

Yep, that disc is not all regions! I can only enjoy mine on my laptop as well!

That sucks. Im gonna have to buy a portable dvd player or a laptop to watch it. : (

As I've mentioned to people quite a few times, there ARE all-region coded Hullabaloo DVDs. I myself own one :happy:

[spoiler=pics or it didnt happen]

Photo20.jpg

The region coding is on the back in the small print telling you the DVD features. However, you might want to check if the DVD has a sticker on it or something that says it's region specific. If you've made sure its all-region coded then either there's a problem with your DVD player (its region specific or the lens is dusty) or you have a faulty DVD.

If you can watch the DVD on your laptop without having to change any laptop settings (in other words: you put it in and can watch it fine) then your dvd IS all-region encoded.

Quite a few people are having problems with Hullabaloo DVDs bought off the net so buy from a store if you can.

As I've mentioned to people quite a few times, there ARE all-region coded Hullabaloo DVDs. I myself own one :happy:

[spoiler=pics or it didnt happen]

Photo20.jpg

The region coding is on the back in the small print telling you the DVD features. However, you might want to check if the DVD has a sticker on it or something that says it's region specific. If you've made sure its all-region coded then either there's a problem with your DVD player (its region specific or the lens is dusty) or you have a faulty DVD.

If you can watch the DVD on your laptop without having to change any laptop settings (in other words: you put it in and can watch it fine) then your dvd IS all-region encoded.

Quite a few people are having problems with Hullabaloo DVDs bought off the net so buy from a store if you can.

The problem with this is Hullabaloo was never released in America, so you have to order it offline, or go into a store and they special order it for you and it will not play on a standard US DVD player. It's not as easy as just walking into your local store and buying it. I cannot even find a local bookstore that has their book either. It was never released in the US and has no date to be released. It sucks in the US sometimes!

I have had problems with an imported DVD some time ago but I solved that problem for good ;)

I searched for my DVD player model on the internet to find the combination you have to press on your remote control to remove the region codes from your player.

I tried my luck with the combination I found (it's like "up up down left left right" and stuff, you get my gist) and then an easter-egg-like window popped up and asked if I really wanted to remove the region codes from the player - pressed yes (duh) and that was it. :)

It is different from model to model - I have a Philips video/DVD player and it worked just as the manual from the internet said. Never had any problems with the regions ever again :happy:

The problem with this is Hullabaloo was never released in America, so you have to order it offline, or go into a store and they special order it for you and it will not play on a standard US DVD player. It's not as easy as just walking into your local store and buying it. I cannot even find a local bookstore that has their book either. It was never released in the US and has no date to be released. It sucks in the US sometimes!

exactly, when i got mine it had a sticker on the packaging that it was an import. i already knew it wouldn't be the US region.

Quick search with Google and all I could find was this:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/region-hack-for-magnavox-mwd200g-t346483.html

Plus a list with lots of Magnavox hacks except a few models - and yours is one of them :stunned:

I guess all you can do now is 1) paying some expert to hack your player or 2) create "backup DVDs", the burned disks should be playable then...but I could be wrong. :erm:

The DVD is all-region coded, so if you specially order it, it should play on a US DVD player. The US region code is region-1 but a DVD that is all-region should play on any player regardless of region. Otherwise it wouldn't be all-region at all. See what I mean?

I think what the problem is, is that when it says "all-region", its not technically true as it doesn't play in region-1 players, making the all-region labelling deceptive. Rather annoying. I guess you could try to return it on grounds of false marketing.

Also, I haven't been able to find that book anywhere either, the DVD was much easier :p

exactly, when i got mine it had a sticker on the packaging that it was an import. i already knew it wouldn't be the US region.

Did it say on the sticker what region it was?

• 2 years later...

Archived