Japanese Musers Thread

Rainbow

OH, Hello the_light!

it's been a while since I posted it last time! thanks so much to reply me.

Fuji Rock was just awsome, wasn't it?

It's my first time to go Fuji Rock, and it's just...FUN!!

But one day trip was a bit tiring for me...when I got back home I was totally burnt out...

Were you there for three days?

thanks again messaging me,

have a good weekend:p

Hi yura.

I'm happy you enjoyed the festival:D

Yeah, Fujirock is AWESOME festival!!! I love the festival because I can escape from the real world when I'm there. People, food, nature, everything is great. Sometime bugs attack me, though.

You will be back there next year?

As this is the Japan thread, I should put something Japanesey in as well. How cool does shibuya look?! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Shibuya_night.jpg

*wants* :(

I like small towns rather than big cities in Tokyo, like Shibuya and Shinjuku. They make me tired all the time:stunned:

Actually lots of towns and cities in Tokyo are getting lose their diversities for "re-innovation". Skyscrapers, which look like same buildings, are built every urban areas and people easily forget old shopping areas when new one is built. That's crazy.

Discovery Channel, PBS, History Channel, Sci-Fi, Travel Channel... THAT'S where the good stuff is at, not E! or MTV or TLC. It seems only the bad stuff gets exported. ;)

We do have Discovery Channel, and at my parent's house we've got Travel Channel as well, but really, even there a lot of American things tend to annoy me. Look at that show with the Orange County Choppers. I mean, sure, sometimes it's entertaining, but most of the time people are having fights and are swearing and such. It's pointless, really.

And I know the good stuff is not on MTV or whatever. But a lot of American things get shown on regular channels here as well.

Though I don't mind some fictional shows like House M.D., or Heroes. (I *love* Heroes.. Hirooo!!!! :LOL: )

*checks out Fujirock line-up for this year*

:eek: that's one huuuuge list :eek:. Looks great. *makes mental note, when half year in Japan: go to Fujirock if possible*

Pshhhhht you should see stuff like No Reservations and The Universe. Really, the stuff on TV here isn't that bad if you know where to look (and what time to watch), even though everyone likes to complain. Granted, the news is shit. :LOL:

I don't know anyone who watches Orange County Choppers, though... Most kids I know watch Discovery Channel, but stuff like Shark Week and Mythbusters. And there's always some funny "ZOMG ALIENS!!1" show on the History or Travel channels. :D

Pshhhhht you should see stuff like No Reservations and The Universe. Really, the stuff on TV here isn't that bad if you know where to look (and what time to watch), even though everyone likes to complain. Granted, the news is shit. :LOL:

I don't know anyone who watches Orange County Choppers, though... Most kids I know watch Discovery Channel, but stuff like Shark Week and Mythbusters. And there's always some funny "ZOMG ALIENS!!1" show on the History or Travel channels. :D

Hardly any kids I know watch Discovery Channel, it's considered to be a channel for losers in the town I come from. But then, I did manage to actually give an answer to a question in science class because of Discovery channel that even my teacher was surprised someone my age knew about (I think I was 14, 15?). It had something to do with (not sure what the proper English term is, but) air resistance. I literally got the question "how do you know that? :eek:"... "errr, Discovery Channel?" ":eek:" . Was quite funny :LOL:

Here the channels skip the "ZOMG ALIENS!!1!!1" part :(. All we get is National Geographic's "Is It Real?".

Shark week has become repetitive (not that I ever watched it), since that's like once every 2 months here.

Maybe we should watch Japanese tv. From what I get, it's pretty insane stuff over there. Though probably not all of it, but the parts I've seen are just, :LOL:

I don't think we get shows like No Reservations over here. What is it about?

• 2 weeks later...

*bumps thread*

Soooo...

I started my new school today :D .. It's really cool, my entire class consists of manga and anime obsessed people. Got quite funny when at one point singing in Japanese somehow came up, and me and some others started singing the Gravitation song (Super Drive) together :LOL: . The look on our teacher's face :LOL: .

• 3 weeks later...

ohayo/konnichiwa/konbanwa! *whenever you read this*

I think it was something like "Watashi no namae wa Charlotte desu"...I think :LOL:

Well, since we have some Japanese exchange students at my school, I had to (or wanted to) introduce myself. Was really cool. I just said "konnichiwa, Charlotte-desu", and found they couldn't pronounce my name, so it eventually ended up as something like "sarurote" which does actually sound quite similar :D . Although a lot of my classmates now also call me sarurote :D . I've also been renamed "lottie-chan" :LOL: .

世界中の日本人のファンの方、手を挙げて~!Museについて語り合いましょう!

oooh I can romanise this partially! YAY!

*kanji, kanji, kanji, no, kanji kanji kanji, no fan no kanji, lots more kanji, ke te? ~! Muse ni tsu i te kanji, ri, kanji, imashou*... though I still don't know what it means :(... I'm already proud I can read it partially though :D .

*tries some more*

きっかけは去年の初めごろに「Queenが好きならミューズも好きだろう」って友達が音楽とDVDをダウン ロードしてくれたんです。その時はそれほど好きとも思わなかったんですが、名前を覚えていたのでトロントで のコンサートに行き、大ファンになりました。以来、DVDやらCDやら集めまくったりして…サイン会にも行 ったんですよ(ミーハー)。マットすごい親切でした。

kikkakewa *something* megoroni *Queen ga ** kinara myoozu (MUSE!!:D ) mo **kidarootte **DVD o daunroo dashite kuretan desu.

Something like that. I don't really know when to split words, so ...if I write what I read literally, you'll end up with one looooong word :LOL:

Can anyone here explain to me how to type Japanese characters? I'd love to be able to respond the little I know in Japanese in kana or kanji, but I don't know how.

P.S. last time I'm bumping this thread! *prays someone will actually respond*

Anyway, in my case, oyasumi nasai, I'm off to bed now :happy:

おやすみな さい! *right??*

• 4 weeks later...
Can anyone here explain to me how to type Japanese characters? I'd love to be able to respond the little I know in Japanese in kana or kanji, but I don't know how.
Konnichiwa Lottie-chan. :) I see a lot of progress, been enjoying studying Japanese?

How to type Japanese ... you have to set the language in the Control Panel if you are using PC. Click on 'Regional and Laguage, and in the Language tab, check 'Install files for East Asian languages'. On Advanced tab, check on Japanese (I think ... Mac has something similar, but they have different place to set it up. If you can ask your Japanese teacher, she/he can probably teach you).

Then, you start typing in Roma-ji which will give you options for various Kanji-s and Katakana. At first, try writing everything down in Hiragana, it's hard to know which Kanji would be appropriate.

Hope this helps. ;)

Konnichiwa Lottie-chan. :) I see a lot of progress, been enjoying studying Japanese?

How to type Japanese ... you have to set the language in the Control Panel if you are using PC. Click on 'Regional and Laguage, and in the Language tab, check 'Install files for East Asian languages'. On Advanced tab, check on Japanese (I think ... Mac has something similar, but they have different place to set it up. If you can ask your Japanese teacher, she/he can probably teach you).

Then, you start typing in Roma-ji which will give you options for various Kanji-s and Katakana. At first, try writing everything down in Hiragana, it's hard to know which Kanji would be appropriate.

Hope this helps. ;)

あ、ありがとございます!

日本語わすごいです!o(^_^)o

まりこ:はい、日本語べんきょしました。私わ日本語の学生です;)

I'm not entirely sure whether I wrote everything right, ah well... I do very much enjoy this study (read: it's still saturday! NOO!!! Monday!! where are you! I want to go back to school! :'( ). I absolutely love this study, I'm so extremely glad I chose to do this, I really love it. *dances and jumps around*

I hate how this board won't let me input Japanese for no particular reason. All the other boards I use do. Grr.

Anyway, it's arigatou, and you use the hiragana normally used for "ha" for the particle "wa" (as in watashi wa). That, and you're studying Japanese as opposed to having studied it, so it's benkyoushimasu. That, and I think saying nihongo no gakusei doesn't make any sense. Oh, and it should be nihongo o benkyoshimasu (or nihongo ga? not sure)

Note: some of this could be wrong.

I hate how this board won't let me input Japanese for no particular reason. All the other boards I use do. Grr.

Anyway, it's arigatou, and you use the hiragana normally used for "ha" for the particle "wa" (as in watashi wa). That, and you're studying Japanese as opposed to having studied it, so it's benkyoushimasu. That, and I think saying nihongo no gakusei doesn't make any sense. Oh, and it should be nihongo o benkyoshimasu (or nihongo ga? not sure)

Note: some of this could be wrong.

私わ日本語の学生 ですmeans I am a Japanese student, as far as I know. I do know quite sure that saying you're a Japanese teacher is "日本語の先生です” since if this is wrong, my teacher (and my 2 teachers from Japan) are wrong.

You could be right about the benkyoushimasu. I tend to get the different times and such mixed up (I never really know when to use shimashita/shimasu/etc). I did however intend to say I have been studying Japanese, instead of still studying it, but my Japanese is not good enough yet (but then, my study has started about 6 weeks ago).

You are right about the arigatou, I forgot to put the U in it. ごめなさい。

ありがとう。 そですね?

You are also right about the 'wa' part, that's my mistake for writing too fast and not thinking too well. I have a tendency to write things phonetically, still working on it. (I used to write "hai" as "haj" even :LOL: ..woops :LOL: )

私わ日本語の学生 ですmeans I am a Japanese student, as far as I know. I do know quite sure that saying you're a Japanese teacher is "日本語の先生です” since if this is wrong, my teacher (and my 2 teachers from Japan) are wrong.

You could be right about the benkyoushimasu. I tend to get the different times and such mixed up (I never really know when to use shimashita/shimasu/etc). I did however intend to say I have been studying Japanese, instead of still studying it, but my Japanese is not good enough yet (but then, my study has started about 6 weeks ago).

You are right about the arigatou, I forgot to put the U in it. ごめなさい。

ありがとう。 そですね?

You are also right about the 'wa' part, that's my mistake for writing too fast and not thinking too well. I have a tendency to write things phonetically, still working on it. (I used to write "hai" as "haj" even :LOL: ..woops :LOL: )

Hello! Lottie!

How's your study and new life? Lots of Manga Otaku in a class... I can imagine that. I know a guy who learned Japanese through Manga and Anime, so his Japanese is quite good.

I think 日本語の学生 sounds wrong, but 日本語の先生 is right. If you want to say you're a student who studies Japanese, it gose 私は日本語を勉強している学生.

And "I have been studying Japanese" is "私は日本語を勉強しています".

Good luck;)

Hello! Lottie!

How's your study and new life? Lots of Manga Otaku in a class... I can imagine that. I know a guy who learned Japanese through Manga and Anime, so his Japanese is quite good.

I think 日本語の学生 sounds wrong, but 日本語の先生 is right. If you want to say you're a student who studies Japanese, it gose 私は日本語を勉強している学生.

Good luck;)

aah thank you very much! *goes and try to memorise this*

Hello! Lottie!

Good luck;)

well i just quoted to say hi to you..

and there IS rumor that the band is coming to Beijing soon:happy:

how are you?:)

• 2 weeks later...

こんにちは日本のファンの女神!

私は私の日本人として私は申し訳ありませんについてはオンライン翻訳を使用しています。

私は今年の夏になるだろうアウトのために日本に向かって2 〜 3週間します。私は東京に滞在中のためになるだろうと私の時間全体の幾つかのものと思っています。

誰でも知っている、何かいい場所にとどまる安いですか?私のような意味ホステルまたはmusers家ですか? (ロル川)

私の予算はわずかです。ことを経験したいけどdont市のようなふりをしたい観光客にします。誰にも何か提言をすることがあるか?打撃については思っていましたし、東京ドームのジェットコースターとするものです。私もと思ったのですが頭を下にして、いくつかの電子地区を購入することができる。

どんな手助けいただければ幸いです。

どうもありがとうございます!

Hello Japanese Muse Fans!

I am sorry about my japanese as I am using an online translation.

This summer I am going to be headed out to japan for a couple of weeks. I am going to be staying in tokyo for the entire time and I was wondering a few things.

Anyone know any good cheap places to stay? I mean like a hostel or musers house? (lol)

I am on a shoestring budget. I want to experience the city but I dont want to act like a tourist. Anyone got any recommendations for things to do? I was thinking about hitting up the tokyo dome for the roller coaster and stuff. I also thought I would head down to the electronic district to buy a few things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

こんにちは日本のファンの女神!

私は私の日本人として私は申し訳ありませんについてはオンライン翻訳を使用しています。

私は今年の夏になるだろうアウトのために日本に向かって2 〜 3週間します。私は東京に滞在中のためになるだろうと私の時間全体の幾つかのものと思っています。

誰でも知っている、何かいい場所にとどまる安いですか?私のような意味ホステルまたはmusers家ですか? (ロル川)

私の予算はわずかです。ことを経験したいけどdont市のようなふりをしたい観光客にします。誰にも何か提言をすることがあるか?打撃については思っていましたし、東京ドームのジェットコースターとするものです。私もと思ったのですが頭を下にして、いくつかの電子地区を購入することができる。

どんな手助けいただければ幸いです。

どうもありがとうございます!

This summer I am going to be headed out to japan for a couple of weeks. I am going to be staying in tokyo for the entire time and I was wondering a few things.

Anyone know any good cheap places to stay? I mean like a hostel or musers house? (lol)

I am on a shoestring budget. I want to experience the city but I dont want to act like a tourist. Anyone got any recommendations for things to do? I was thinking about hitting up the tokyo dome for the roller coaster and stuff. I also thought I would head down to the electronic district to buy a few things.

Thanks!

I'm sorry, but that was hilarious :LOL:

There's no such thing as a cheap place to stay in Tokyo. Your vest bet would either be a so called "love hotel" (which provides a rather weird place to stay), capsule hotel (not a good idea if you're claustrophobic, though) or stay with someone you know.

As for things to do, get lost in Shinjuku. Go see Shibuya at night and laugh at akiba in Akihabara and buy electronics taxfree. No haggling, though. Asakusa is very touristic, but also a must and the best place to get a yukata and kitschy souvenirs.The Edo-Tokyo museum is rather good. And you want to go to one of the less known places as well. I lived near Tachikawa, which I loved for the futuristic atmosphere. Kichijouji was always fun because of all the cramped stores. I'm sure there are better places than that, but I just happened to live near there.

You want to get a subway or train pass of some sort, because they're gonna be your main form of transport.

Oh, and as soon as you arrive, try to get a ticket for a Kabuki play. It's expensive and impossible to understand, but a really special experience.

Can't think of any more stuff right now. Maybe later.

• 2 weeks later...

Konnichiwa!!!!!!

I haven't visited here for a long time.....I'm worried if you forget me.

I came here to say hello for every Musers here.

At the same time I enjoyed reading here,although I didn't read all of messages.

I'm happy that there're lots of Musers who love Japan anyway.

I don't have enough time to write so much so I'll come here again soon.

Cheers!

Thanks!

Hi!I'm Japanese living near Tokyo:)

I think this hostel may be famous among tourists in Japan:

http://www.sakura-hostel.co.jp/

When exactly will you come to Japan?

I hope you have a great time here!

*bumps thread*

Soooo...

I started my new school today :D .. It's really cool, my entire class consists of manga and anime obsessed people. Got quite funny when at one point singing in Japanese somehow came up, and me and some others started singing the Gravitation song (Super Drive) together :LOL: . The look on our teacher's face :LOL: .

That won't seem so cool for very long, trust me. :erm:

It's always like that in the level 1 classes here, that's one reason I was so determined to skip that level and just get into the next class.

Konnichiwa!!!!!!

I haven't visited here for a long time.....I'm worried if you forget me.

I came here to say hello for every Musers here.

At the same time I enjoyed reading here,although I didn't read all of messages.

I'm happy that there're lots of Musers who love Japan anyway.

I don't have enough time to write so much so I'll come here again soon.

Cheers!

Hi!I'm Japanese living near Tokyo:)

I think this hostel may be famous among tourists in Japan:

http://www.sakura-hostel.co.jp/

When exactly will you come to Japan?

I hope you have a great time here!

Hello!

I plan on visiting sometime in the summer season, Probably July. Any Recomended Local hotspots?

Archived