i replaced a pot on my old FF, it came out easy.

mine is a pain to get off lol. theres no more solder to take off the joints. but theres glue type stuf around the board, i have taken them off by gentely scratching them with a screwdriver. but still cant get the pots off.

hmm, seeing as they are made in taiwan they could be sealed down differently to the USA standard ones. the USA ones have the life time warranty so i guess the components need to be more accessible.

hmm, seeing as they are made in taiwan they could be sealed down differently to the USA standard ones. the USA ones have the life time warranty so i guess the components need to be more accessible.

right, so i guess there's no way to get them off then :/

right, so i guess there's no way to get them off then :/

all the ones iv done are vexter ones. im gonna be doing a full on proper one soon tho so i shall see if theres any difference. the only problem iv had is that sometimes the contacts come out with the pot, so i need to put a wire between the pot and where its going to. which is a pain

I find this a terribly good looking replica, grats! :happy:

thanks, hopefully it will be finished as soon as i can get the pots out of the FF. i have asked mansons and they said that they could install one for me for £335 :O but cant help me with it lol.

harsh :(

not a fair price considering all the routing is done etc. all they need to do it wire it up.

that price was without any routing.. i asked them how much would it cost just to fit it and they said around £100 wich is a rip off but i guess Hugh Manson can afford to set a high price due to the popularity of the FF

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

manson's have my guitar now and they are charging me full price foe installation even though all the routing is done :(. they havnt given me a definate price yet but there ment to finish it by later on today. i guess some £200 +

will post pics of the finished guitar when i get it back :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I totally forgot about this thread :( !

If anyone is still interested in getting a Matt-O-Caster body built I have the email address (and will send you it)

UPDATE:

The guitar was finished a while ago with FF installed and working correctly :D

Here are the pics as promised (better late than never! )

18651454031_b73fd41e26_z.jpg

18644441692_4741b0bfd4_z.jpg

18622685126_ae318d723c_z.jpg

18644269772_07c5243c0f_z.jpg

18461159160_c12d76073a_z.jpg

18644106002_6a5fb06568_z.jpg

18644031822_f92ed86a83_z.jpg

18644635002_ea301a3ec4_z.jpg

Archived