yeh, i did put 3 coats of it on. just that some of it on the front came off due to working on the bridge area.

but its all done now. started soldering the basic electrics. not sure about attaching the ff yet though. as in connections and stuff.

Pics :p

The soldering looks pretty good, have you tested it yet?

yeh, and i have a humm when i touch the bridge, killswitch, volume knob. (slight hum)

i think i have the cables to the jack (live) and (earth) the wrong way round. going to change them now:D

yeh, and i have a humm when i touch the bridge, killswitch, volume knob. (slight hum)

i think i have the cables to the jack (live) and (earth) the wrong way round. going to change them now:D

Yeah that sounds like it could be the problem.

Yeah that sounds like it could be the problem.

nah, even more buzz that way :/ btw, i have a stereo jack plug so it has 2 long pins and one short (1 long pin is by the casing and the other 2 are in the middle)

Hmm well it sounds like something isn't grounded then, is the bridge grounded and the back of all the pot's linked together to remove ground loops?

bridge is grounded, and everything else is grounded to the back of the volume pot, i dont have a capaitor on the tone yet (its on the way in the post) could that be the one ?

bridge is grounded, and everything else is grounded to the back of the volume pot, i dont have a capaitor on the tone yet (its on the way in the post) could that be the one ?

Hmm don't think so, have you got a diagram showing how you wired it?

That looks fine to me, double check your connections and make sure you don't have any dry solder joints.

ok, yeh i might have some half solder half dry joints. will have to take them off and start them again :)

do i also need to have an earth cable coming from the 3 way toggle switch ?

just earthed everything as stated in the diagram .. but there seems to be a humm. (like the sound when the amp is on and a cable is in but no guitar attached)

killswitch works though. when i touch either bridge, volume tone, slector switch or killswitch, the humm apears louder :(

any sugestions? if you want i will make a vid tomorrow.

sounds like something isn't earthed. the pickups, pickup selector, tone and jack are all grounded to the back of the volume and there's a wire between the bridge and the back of the volume pot yeah?

you've grounded the ground ring on the stereo jack right? and not the second live ring??

sounds like something isn't earthed. the pickups, pickup selector, tone and jack are all grounded to the back of the volume and there's a wire between the bridge and the back of the volume pot yeah?

you've grounded the ground ring on the stereo jack right? and not the second live ring??

yeh all earthed inclding the bridge. but not sure about the ground ring on the stereo jack. might be the 2nd live one (its in the middle by the live one)

hope that clarify's things

finaly got the electric humm to go. theres still slight humm when i touch the components.

but pluged it in and tested the pickups they seem to work :)

just installed the neck and 10mm tuning pegs. install strings tomorrow after work :) along with pics and hopefully by the end of the week (sunday) a vid

Archived