Where can we put our names down for the UK screening? I'm quite surprised there isn't more interest, this has been in the works for years!

Anyways, fingers crossed the UK one definitely goes ahead! :happy:

I'll put your name down now dalia, anyone else wanting a place can just pm me and say how many seats they'd like.

Im suprised too really, theres more locally then there has been on here wanting to attend. It is a shame really given the amount of planning and effort ive been putting into it to make it a memroble evening.

I think part the reason is because people are seeing the thread title and thinking its just another random thread and not knowing its a real movie. If this thread could be put in a place where it would stand out abit more im sure there would be alot more interest.

I'll put your name down now dalia, anyone else wanting a place can just pm me and say how many seats they'd like.

Im suprised too really, theres more locally then there has been on here wanting to attend. It is a shame really given the amount of planning and effort ive been putting into it to make it a memroble evening.

I think part the reason is because people are seeing the thread title and thinking its just another random thread and not knowing its a real movie. If this thread could be put in a place where it would stand out abit more im sure there would be alot more interest.

It might also be that a lot of people simply don't check this section of the board that often and only really post in G&T/banter/etc. Even if the thread can't be moved, it might well be worth posting a link to the thread elsewhere.

It might also be that a lot of people simply don't check this section of the board that often and only really post in G&T/banter/etc. Even if the thread can't be moved, it might well be worth posting a link to the thread elsewhere.

I know I mentioned it before but if we made a facebook event, or a page, we could post it on all of the other Muse related facebook pages because some of them have a lot of followers and it would be a very easy and quick way of spreading the message and get the numbers up. I really want the UK screening to go ahead! :(

Thanks, Liam. :)

I know, it's disappointing considering you've put so much effort into this whole thing.

I think it just needs bigger 'publicity'. Not a lot of folks venture into this section of the boards and yeah, reading just the title of the thread they prob think it's just some YouTube video someone found of a Muse 'movie', instead of it being this epic project you've created!

It just needs a big shout out - shameless plugging isn't always a bad thing ;) Facebook, Twitter, even moving this to another section of the board might lure more people in!

:yesey: Maybe ask the mods if you can have the thread moved? And as for other sites, if there isn't already one, you could create an FB group and invite Musers/ get people to invite their friends etc to spread the word. C'mon BritMusers, spread the love! lol

My friend (girl_afraid) has sent a pm for 2 tix for us. :D

Got to work out childcare dutyshift but hopefully not a problem...am looking forward to this - it will make a nice musey escapade to fill the gap before Reading!:happy:

Shouldn't you be charging for these tickets, at least to cover the cost of the cinema and the band? I'm sure no-one here would mind paying a little something towards covering costs.

Was thinking about the cost side today. I want to keep the cinema side completely free to obide by warnet etc.

How would people feel about paying a £10 entrance fee to the afterparty? This would include the live entertainment and food, and if you'd like to think of it this way..the cinema too (although im not charging anything for the cinema) the afterparty is seperate, so basically the whole evening would cost just £10. what do people think about that?

:yesey: Maybe ask the mods if you can have the thread moved? And as for other sites, if there isn't already one, you could create an FB group and invite Musers/ get people to invite their friends etc to spread the word. C'mon BritMusers, spread the love! lol

Yeah I think i might, or possibly change the title slightly and maybe ask to make it a staple?

Was thinking about the cost side today. I want to keep the cinema side completely free to obide by warnet etc.

How would people feel about paying a £10 entrance fee to the afterparty? This would include the live entertainment and food, and if you'd like to think of it this way..the cinema too (although im not charging anything for the cinema) the afterparty is seperate, so basically the whole evening would cost just £10. what do people think about that?

I'm up for a tenner each!

That does sound very reasonable. It's a pretty cheap night out really - film, band and food for a tenner.

Any idea which date it will be yet? I definitely can't make the 9th but the 16th is doable.

Yes, I'd be more than happy with that. £10 to pay is nothing compared to the hard work you've put into all of this. :)

I am happy to pay £10 :happy:.

But I may not be able to stay for that long because I have to be back early to go with my boyfriend to his gig in Newcastle. It all depends on time really for me :erm:...

That's if it is still on for the 9th July...

Not sure if I can manage £10 per person because travel and bed for the night alone is already costing me £110 for myself and my sister (we live in the south of England), and I'm a poor jobless student. I will see how much towards that I can put forward as a donation, but probably can't manage the full £20-40 for my group (price depending on numbers).

Btw, are there any age restrictions? My sister is 16, but won't be drinking or anything. She just wants to see the film and the band at the afterparty.

Yes, it looks like the event may have to be moved a weekend forward to sat July 9th unfortunatley because it looks like with the following weekend being the opening weekend being the new harry potter, it will put a spanner in the works, thats how it stands with the cinema im favouring, so am going to see if July 16th would be possible with the other as it would be more special it being that weekend given the whole point it being then is to celebrate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YAKaEAWf2U

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!! I leave the UK on the 9th!!! No chance of a preview screening for an Aussie Muser a long way from home?

Btw, are there any age restrictions? My sister is 16, but won't be drinking or anything. She just wants to see the film and the band at the afterparty.

My son is coming and he's 14 so no age prob!

Also, I have booked the Premier Inn for the night! Ah bed and breakie.

Musest are a great band, seriously!

They MIGHT appear at the ISM Festival in October at my school so if they do come expect a meet up thing or something :)

(It's on 4 October 2011)

WTF! If you were here, I would put you over my knee and tan your arse.

Archived