Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

My name's Dave and when I'm not at college, I'm bouncing between Edison and Toms River (parents are divorced). And you said you saw Hullabaloo at Borders?!? Next time I go to one down here, I'm going to ask them if they can order it! And what's up with Warner Brothers? They didn't even promote promote the release of OOS! And btw, have any of the NJ Musers on here asked G 106.3 if they could play Plug In Baby? Because if no one has, I might e-mail them a request...

As my MuseMom counterpart said, Borders is a good spot for opportunistic Muse finds---I always check the section just in case, and have found a few imports, like OOS before the WB "secret release" last fall, and the Aussie single with the Big Day Out vid disc, very funny! If all else fails, there is always AmazonUK and HMV online, but the shipping charges are prohibitive.

Our local alternative station will only rarely honor a request for Muse, and then only Hysteria or TIRO. I will be steamed if the new CD doesn't get some air time, but if WB doesn't do the prep work (advance copies to radio stations, downloadable preview songs, etc) there is little chance it will rise above obscurity here.

Zoology? And then what? (I was a zoology major and now I'm an ObGyn; but my college didn't have Bio as a major, just zo or botany.)

They have something called "Anya's Desert Island Discs" down here on 94.9. You email the DJ with the name of 3 cds that you could not live without on a desert island. If you're chosen the DJ plays 1 song from each album. I sent them an email listing all 3 muse albums. She played Sunburn, Bliss, and Stockholm Syndrome. It was pretty kewl. And they sent me a t shirt for being a winner. She said on the radio, "Tonights selection is from Chanel in Linda Vista. She sent me the names of Muse's albums, and how could I NOT pick her choices?? So here's the first one; Sunburn off of Muse's first cd Showbiz." Verra kewl.

They have something called "Anya's Desert Island Discs" down here on 94.9. You email the DJ with the name of 3 cds that you could not live without on a desert island. If you're chosen the DJ plays 1 song from each album. I sent them an email listing all 3 muse albums. She played Sunburn, Bliss, and Stockholm Syndrome. It was pretty kewl. And they sent me a t shirt for being a winner. She said on the radio, "Tonights selection is from Chanel in Linda Vista. She sent me the names of Muse's albums, and how could I NOT pick her choices?? So here's the first one; Sunburn off of Muse's first cd Showbiz." Verra kewl.

*picks self up off floor*

They actually played Sunburn on the radio in the US??? And Bliss???? (Get the paddles!)

Gotta love your choice from the 3 CD's tho.

*picks self up off floor*

They actually played Sunburn on the radio in the US??? And Bliss???? (Get the paddles!)

Gotta love your choice from the 3 CD's tho.

Actually gotta thank Anya for those choices. :) I just gave her the album names, she did the song picking. :)

94.9 was the radio station who sponsered Muse's first show in San Diego @ Brick by Brick, and booked them again for the Independence Jam later that year. Thanks 94.9!!

I thank Muse for their lyrics,which are very heartfelt and sometimes Its just like they sing about me,about my feelings....I think many people love Muse for that,but still thank you.

Muse agree; listened to Endlessly in the car this morning, had almost forgotten what a lovely song that is. Matthew's voice is perfect for the lyric as well.

Welcome to the forum, Sleep-Walker!

I had to put my kitty to sleep today. It took me an hour to get to the vet's office cuz of traffic. The whole time I had muse playing....I made a mix for myself a long time ago....and the song that was playing when I got to the office was sing for absolution, and when I left it was bliss, and blackout by the time I got home.

sadness.

I had to put my kitty to sleep today. It took me an hour to get to the vet's office cuz of traffic. The whole time I had muse playing....I made a mix for myself a long time ago....and the song that was playing when I got to the office was sing for absolution, and when I left it was bliss, and blackout by the time I got home.

sadness.

I'm so sorry Chanel; our little furry friends are definitely family members. It is so hard to take a beloved pet in for that last vet visit, but you can reassure yourself that you did the right thing if kitty's quality of life was gone. I have been there (ask Brian about Reilly some day), and it isn't easy; going home to a petless house after is no picnic either. I'm glad you had our favorite music to ease the day. For most of us I think music fills that role and I'm sure the Muse lads would be glad they could help in even a little way.

I'm so sorry Chanel; our little furry friends are definitely family members. It is so hard to take a beloved pet in for that last vet visit, but you can reassure yourself that you did the right thing if kitty's quality of life was gone. I have been there (ask Brian about Reilly some day), and it isn't easy; going home to a petless house after is no picnic either. I'm glad you had our favorite music to ease the day. For most of us I think music fills that role and I'm sure the Muse lads would be glad they could help in even a little way.

yeah, he had a bowel obstruction to the extreme presumabley from cancer. He didn't sleep at all last night, he was so miserable. He gave me this look just before he went....I thought it was the look of oh god please don't do it, but I think it was more like the look of I'm going to miss you. He had these big eyes and if he coulda cried I swear he woulda.

Ok, I'm gonna go back to listening to muse.

As my MuseMom counterpart said, Borders is a good spot for opportunistic Muse finds---I always check the section just in case, and have found a few imports, like OOS before the WB "secret release" last fall, and the Aussie single with the Big Day Out vid disc, very funny! If all else fails, there is always AmazonUK and HMV online, but the shipping charges are prohibitive.

Our local alternative station will only rarely honor a request for Muse, and then only Hysteria or TIRO. I will be steamed if the new CD doesn't get some air time, but if WB doesn't do the prep work (advance copies to radio stations, downloadable preview songs, etc) there is little chance it will rise above obscurity here.

Zoology? And then what? (I was a zoology major and now I'm an ObGyn; but my college didn't have Bio as a major, just zo or botany.)

I'm not entirely sure what I want to do, but ornithology is a possible field since I really like birds. I might be going to Ecuador for a month this summer to volunteer at a cloud forest preserve, and I'll be helping monitor some local species of birds. I've never done that kind of work before but I'm excited to get some experience in this field! I'm technically a biology student but all the bio students here have to specialize in one of several areas (pre-med, pre-vet,zoology, botany, etc).

But getting back on topic, perhaps when the new album comes out we fans could help promote it by calling up the radio stations and demanding they play (insert song name)!!!! And they don't play said song, then we march down to the radio stations with pitchforks and torches (and playing the new album on full blast from someone's car)....:D

Sorry, I got carried away there,lol....

sadness.

oh dear chanel I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your kitty....I had unfortunately to do the same to one of my previous dogs, her name was Roxy a beautiful german sheppard, and it's such a hard thing to do but on the other hand if it's to stop their suffering one has to believe it's for the better. My heart goes out to you...

oh dear chanel I am so sorry to hear the sad news about your kitty....I had unfortunately to do the same to one of my previous dogs, her name was Roxy a beautiful german sheppard, and it's such a hard thing to do but on the other hand if it's to stop their suffering one has to believe it's for the better. My heart goes out to you...

Thank yee...

I wish I didn't have to do it. I wanted him to die of old age at like 20. He was a good kitty. Very spirited until he got sick.

this is the saddest conversation ever. holy crap.

i think i'll go off myself now or something.

actually i think ill go to class cause im late lol

this is the saddest thing ever...for u to be on the board when you ARE LATE for class...now off u go :rolleyes:

this is the saddest thing ever...for u to be on the board when you ARE LATE for class...now off u go :rolleyes:

Thanks, MuseMom, for helping out in the "mom" department! That's telling him. At least he was going to class, I guess that's a positive statement.

This seemed more appropriate here:

fixed my mood right up

just wanted to say.. I was in a shitty mood the other day.. work is lame.. was feeling down. I just jumped in the tub, cranked up absolution, soaked and listened all the way through.. fixed me right up..

you guys rock!

(from hupjack)

I can relate to that post above. I've been sick with what the docs are calling gastroentertitis (for now) for the past 5 days. The fever is finally gone, and so is the vomitting. I'm just left with a moderate case of pee butt. Exciting.

I was all achy and nasty from losing so much fluids I hopped in the bath for a half hour or so and chilled out to some muse.

As an aside:

I went to the ER on friday, and had not only the NICEST ER doc, but the hottest I've seen. (Those ER docs on tv shows are fake. There aren't too many ER docs that hot). He musta been like 6'3", blue eyes, glasses, works out, great bedside manner. Large wedding band around the left ring finger. ;) HAHHAHAHA.

Archived