Just beautiful, I love it so much. My, I love the Absolution so much in general, it's just perfect. A great lovesong but in a sad way (not just the cheesy way "I love you"), it's more about the complicated side of love (I'd say the reality of love/wrong time or wrong place or wrong person).

I've often read comments like "Muse suck at ballads/slow songs" but I don't think like that at all.

I love this song!!

A couple of nights ago I discovered by best friend does too

it's not one u tend to ever mention to people, but it's on my playlist that I listen to every night in bed to chill me out, so that and MOYH have playcounts that reflect being played every night for a year lol

great music, and a little cheesy but beautiful lyrics. I see it as the forerunner to undisclosed desires

That's what I think too.

It's about wanting so much to have someone, to be able to give that person all the love one has and still not being able to find that someone or maybe not being able to be with the one, because she/he doesn't want to...?

And the last line basically says that : ok, I I'm ready to give you may love, but you don't want it, so i'm done" - more or less.

I don't know if it makes any sense, but that's how I see it.

And btw, I love this song:)

I love this song too - its one of my 4 favourite songs from Absolution (my favourite Muse album and one of my favourite albums ever).

But that is essentially it - its a classic unrequired love song, but also touched with resignation and knowing that you're unlikely to get the one person you're ready to give all your love too.

It is like a test-run to Undisclosed Desires. But personally I think Endlessly is better. Much better.

I love this song too - its one of my 4 favourite songs from Absolution (my favourite Muse album and one of my favourite albums ever).

But that is essentially it - its a classic unrequired love song, but also touched with resignation and knowing that you're unlikely to get the one person you're ready to give all your love too.

It is like a test-run to Undisclosed Desires. But personally I think Endlessly is better. Much better.

Exactly this:)

Endlessly is great. I'd say it's definitely about being desperately in love with somebody who is completely oblivious, and being too socially awkward to articulate your feelings. I believe that any "cheese" in the lyrics is deliberate, there to reflect that social awkwardness. So though a lot of people seem to think the lyrics are bad, I think their clumsy straightforwardness is actually really clever.

Endlessly is great. I'd say it's definitely about being desperately in love with somebody who is completely oblivious, and being too socially awkward to articulate your feelings. I believe that any "cheese" in the lyrics is deliberate, there to reflect that social awkwardness. So though a lot of people seem to think the lyrics are bad, I think their clumsy straightforwardness is actually really clever.

I would say that of Neutron Star Collision but not this song. I don't personally notice any awkwardness or cheesiness in these lyrics, though I do agree that the song appears to be about loving someone without them knowing and not being able to express it.:)

I would say that of Neutron Star Collision but not this song. I don't personally notice any awkwardness or cheesiness in these lyrics, though I do agree that the song appears to be about loving someone without them knowing and not being able to express it.:)

I don't think it's cheesy either. But I doubt the Rick Astley reference ("I won't give you up; I won't let you down") is accidental.

But that's just my opinion!

I don't think it's cheesy either. But I doubt the Rick Astley reference ("I won't give you up; I won't let you down") is accidental.

:LOL: I honestly never even noticed that before!

Did Matt secretly Rick Roll all of us with those lyrics? :eek:

Well there are similar lyrics in other songs as well. I don't think they are that unusual. But who knows?! :)

Archived