You should be the one I’ll always love

I’ll be there as soon as I can

But I’m busy mending broken

Pieces of the life I had before

I’ll be there as soon as I can

But I’m busy mending broken

Pieces of the life I had before

Before you

Pfffft, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn :happy: I would have it, I just love the song from a romantic point of view ^_^

^^Yes! IBTY is so great to dance to. Tbh though, I think you should just use Endlessy as it is, it's a bit dark but the lyrics are lovely. :happy:

There's also The String Quartet Tribute to Muse which I think is pretty damn awesome. I'd dance to that :awesome: It doesn't have Endlessy on it though.

Thanks guys!

Unintended was her first choice until we went over the lyrics in detail. I Belong to You has good lyrics and heart, but it might be a bit upbeat with the kinda-pop verses and piano slides. I think I will look for an acoustic cover. If there's someone out there who doesn't suck and performs it beautifully, it could be a worthy substitute.

Our favorite love song, of this ilk, is 'I Will Follow You Into the Dark' by Death Cab for Cutie. Now THERE'S some depressing romance lyrics if I've ever heard any. Especially ill-fitting since her family has some Catholics in it :p

Too bad they haven't done a soft cover. Anyone for starting a petition?

"WE THE UNDERSIGNED WILL LOVE MUSE FOREVER UNLESS YOU RECORD ENDLESSLY IN ACOUSTIC."

Hm, perhaps that's not phrased properly... :p

• 2 months later...

I think this is probably the most underrated Muse song. It is so so beautiful and sad and like others have said, atmospheric. There's this feeling of longing emanating from every bit of this song. The vocals and the strings that start in the second chorus are beautiful. And the keyboard is kind of funky and somber sounding at the same time.

• 4 months later...

I got the impression that there a few people who really love Endlessly on the board?

in my opinion it fits so perfectly into abso, and it is, along with TSP one of the reasons why I regret not having been able to attend one of the absolution-tour gigs): I'll probably never see this one done live:/

I just love how the chorus kicks in after the 'solo'-part

the song is awesome in its simplicity, lyric and music both are so straightforward and purest emotion without any effort to make it more complex/nebulous artificially

but the end is very confusing to me...'but the moment never comes' ...does matt want to tell us that the message of the song is actually pointless?

I'm sure there is a thread for this, but only 99% sure. Anyways, as far as I was aware, its quite popular. It's a brilliant track, but probably should have been held on to for BH&R, rather than Absolution as it only aids the randomness of the latter half of that album. It's miles better that the 2 tracks either side of it though! :D

I think I started a thread a while ago, but meh.

I love this song - its a song that is fantastic musically and also a great detail of personal problems in the desire for love.

The line 'But the moment never comes' seems to be a line of resignation - resigning yourself to missing out on your loved one. Least I think thats what it means...

I think I started a thread a while ago, but meh.

I love this song - its a song that is fantastic musically and also a great detail of personal problems in the desire for love.

The line 'But the moment never comes' seems to be a line of resignation - resigning yourself to missing out on your loved one. Least I think thats what it means...

That's what I think too.

It's about wanting so much to have someone, to be able to give that person all the love one has and still not being able to find that someone or maybe not being able to be with the one, because she/he doesn't want to...?

And the last line basically says that : ok, I I'm ready to give you may love, but you don't want it, so i'm done" - more or less.

I don't know if it makes any sense, but that's how I see it.

And btw, I love this song:)

That's what I think too.

It's about wanting so much to have someone, to be able to give that person all the love one has and still not being able to find that someone or maybe not being able to be with the one, because she/he doesn't want to...?

And the last line basically says that : ok, I I'm ready to give you may love, but you don't want it, so i'm done" - more or less.

I don't know if it makes any sense, but that's how I see it.

And btw, I love this song:)

Aww :supersad: I've never really thought about the lyrics of Endlessly before.

Beautiful song.:)

Archived