H8: The Much-Debated Big Important Space Dementia Question

Liz0_o

Well matt says "H8 is the one for me...."

but what does H8 stand for?

i know some use it as an acronym for hate

its been buging me for the longest time(ever since i heard it)

i dont care if i sound like a n00b

i might feel like one if its a simple answer

H8 is also a drug used some years ago in some korean hospital, a doctor used it to have relations with the patients. and is also some sort of complex informatic pattern. it's matt.. so.. dont think H8 is hate or height ;)

haha that makes sence when you consider matt wrote it:p

The only thing it means is a kind of Hitachi micro computer. That's the only think Matt has ever said about it. It is not hate, height, or a drug, not a NASA supercomputer nor a road in Milton Keynes. The OoS booklet is misprinted.

Source: http://www.microcuts.net/uk/news/archives/06032003-interview.php

End of story.

:D

Thank you!!!

Now the thread can close;)

Q - "What does "H Eight" mean?"

Mat t: Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can

be built into the industrialmachines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct theexperiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robot.

for those lazy ones who dont want to read and search

Q - "What does "H Eight" mean?"

Mat t: Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can

be built into the industrialmachines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct theexperiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robot.

for those lazy ones who dont want to read and search

so basically you answered your own question...

I do that ALL the time

• 1 year later...

Description

Space dementia is a hypothetical mental condition in popular science fiction astronauts are said to sometimes experience when they're in space. This can be contributed towards feelings of insignificance, insecurity lack of social contact and awareness of total isolation from the human race. A Rachmaninov-inspired song that starts with a piano introduction and heads into a heavy verse, with hammering piano and bass, the chorus is introduced by a looping synth keyboard, followed by a delicate vocal show, before hammering piano introduces the next verse. However, the chorus vocal line (from "... and tear us apart", until the end of the chorus) and chords are an exact reduction of part of Rachmaninov's Second Piano Concerto 1st Movement at about 1:30. The song is finished with an elaborate extended chorus, then a heavy codus at about 5:30, incorporating phase effects, piano, guitar, and distorted bass and contains sound of Matt's fly being zipped and unzipped.

Recording

When Muse first demoed the song for John Leckie, the piano was so overpowered by the bass and drums Leckie had to put his head in the piano whilst Matt played[1]

"Space Dementia" was originally intended to be the final song in Origin of Symmetry. The heavy guitar outro section was recorded seperately and intended to contrast the piano. The band originally wanted to increase the low-frequency sounds at the end below the levels of human hearing to an illegal level.[2]

H8

A comment from Matt detailed the meaning of 'H8' in a 2003 interview: "Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can be built into the industrial machines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct the experiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robot."[3]

For the lyrics of "Space Dementia" in the sleeve notes of Origin of Symmetry, 'H8' is mistakenly printed as 'Height'.

Took about 3 seconds to look up on musewiki in case you were wondering :LOL:

Archived