Have any of you taken kids to a Muse gig/concert?

Ive seen a thread on here about age restrictions, and it seem like alot of parents take their kids and are ok as long as they are in seats. My daughter will soon be 8 and loves Muse, almost as much as I do :musesign: When they come to Columbus, Ohio and Cincinnati, Ohio I don't want to miss them, and she wants to go to at least one time. (well actually she wants to go both times...:D) I really want to take her, I just want some input on it. Ive listened to them and loved their music since 06-07, but this is the first time I will get to see them live. I wanted to go to Detroit last month and couldn't. (my husband will be going too...to help protect her,lol :LOL:)

My son is 15 and we go to the concerts together. At the Atlanta show in February, I saw people of all ages. If you are in seats, I can see no reason why you couldn't take an 8 year old. It will be an unforgettable experience for all of you.

• 1 month later...

I took my 7 year old to the concert in Vegas. The fans were wonderful the show was incredible, everyone just kept giving him high fives and telling him he was the coolest kid on the planet. We were going to KC together before they canceled it. He still talks about the concert and wants to go to Antarctica to see them again if we have to. He was the youngest one at the concert, but loved every minute of it.

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone -- stumbled across this group and thought I'd sign up! :) My son is now 7, and he discovered Muse before I did, surfing videos for "black holes" which evolved into repeatedly watching SMBH, then finding the song on iTunes, along with every other song on that CD and the rest is history...

I am vibrating with excitement over the boys' return to the states after Wembley, and even though I live in the Pacific NW I'm trekking to So Cal for four dates!!! We are calling ourselves Muselims and there are about 50 boardies all meeting up in SoCal after the SD gig, and so on.

@hunterrunfarm -- are you an equestrian, your farm name sounds familiar? :)

Cheers everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

FTR most bands I know really like young kids that are into their music (not just dragged? drug? along by their parents) I know I met a lead singer of another band because I had my youngest with me who wasn't that young at that time just small for his age. They had the longest conversation of the evening with any of the fans! Same concert I got called a cool "mom" by another concert goer (school night). I think Muse is more multigenerational.

I took my eldest to his first concert when he was 11 which was Live8 (that was a long day and he was brilliant)

Totally love "Muselims" - too funny!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We live in the UK, my daughter was 4 and 1/2 when she went to her 1st Muse gig :D

we were seated, she got a bit tired, but absolutely loved it!! Her 1 st gig and she touched the P..I.B balloons and got to hear CE and B&H :D we're going to Glastonbury for her 1st festival, she'll be almost 5 and 1/2 then

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm in the UK and I took my kids, aged 11 and 13 to see Muse last year at the Lancashire County Cricket Ground, an outdoor, all standing event. It was a long day because there were a few other bands performing, some good, some not so great, so by the time Muse came on we were all a bit weary...but the complete BUZZ as soon as the band were on stage was so incredible my kids forgot all about any tiredness they may have felt and spent the next couple of hours totally bouncing up and down in complete awe!! It was an amazing experience, they both said it was one of the best things they had ever done, and for me, having them with me (we all adore Muse) made it one of my favourite gigs ever!