Introduce Yourselves!

Oh hai thar, I'm Hazel! I've known about Muse longer than AFI, funnily enough now that I come to think of it, but I only joined this board recently. I really love this little alliance that we have. :)

I'm lezah on here (duh) as well as on the DF board. Nice to meet you all!

wow this Muse/AFI thing got big real fast lol!!

I'm Irene (also Irene on the DF)

I've known about AFI since 2000 so much longer than Muse, since I'm sort of a newbie Muse fan... I've heard of Muse years ago but didn't start listening until about 6 months ago (unfortunately!!!!!! :( )

ps. Thanks to whoever sent me this group invite!!

Hello there, I'm Angelia, or Ang, whichever is easier :D

I've been into Muse since 2003, much longer than I've even known AFI, but I'm really starting to love them! Also, what I really like about AFI is the basslines (I'm a bass player), they really stand out. So thank you DFers for introducing me to the awesomeness that is AFI.

He IS badass! I'm just finding more and more reasons to love this band...

And Chris, oh man! I love Chris. It's incredible to watch him play live; I got to be on his side of the barrier a few weeks ago. When he started up Hysteria, I think I screamed like a schoolgirl, especially because it was one of the first Muse basslines I learned. It's actually pretty easy, but my hand tires out after the second chorus most of the time...

Yeah, it's easy to catch on but it needs stamina. It also doesn't help that I have tiny fingers. I can't even reach the last tuning peg when I let the strap sit on my shoulder... lezah are tiny. I play bass, guitar and piano :) and I sing. I also have drumsticks. But no drums. If I did have drums, left-handed like Dom! Woo!

I'm Chris, I'm Swiss (that was a rhyme :awesome:), and have been into Muse since about one and a half years. I have heard of afi before, but never really listened, so I thought this could be the perfect time to get into 'em too. I spend most of my free time playing ice hockey, listening to music, drawing and playing the guitar. I also read a lot.

Favourite bands (besides Muse); Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Mars Volta, Nine Inch Nails, Portishead, Led Zeppelin... many more. :)

I'm Mandy and I've been a Muser since 2006. One of my best friends in school got really into AFI right around the time I got into Muse, so we had a lot of exchanges. I graduated Uni in 09 with a degree in film, because I was optimistic that I would have a job and then real life kicked me in the head :LOL: Right now I write a lot.

Besides Muse, Incubus are my favorite band and I have an Incubus tattoo across my back. My Muse tattoo will be joining it as soon as I get some money.

Shelly here. Shelly Cyanide on the DF boards.

Been an AFI fan since 06. Almost four years now. And some of the fellow Muser's have turn me to new music. Ill continue to listen to some Muse. Maybe Ill become a good fan someday.

PS: yes...i admit it. Twilight helped me like Supermassive Black Hole *hangs head down in shame* :$

Hey everyone. :)

I'm Eliza, and I've been into AFI for years now - I'm from Oakland, CA, so I've known about AFI since the Gilman days. I've always been a huge fan (although not huge enough to try and stalk any members). I once was blasting AFI in my car, driving down Ashby Ave., only to notice someone chuckling from the passenger seat of the convertable next to me - turned to see who was laughing at me, and it was Davey. D'oh! :facepalm:

(I once saw Chris Isaac in New York, and he was laughing at me too - of course, I was dressed up all goth at the time, but still...)

I've been a fan of Muse for awhile now too, although I didn't know it. :D I was driving around SLC one day a few months ago, and Uprising came on the radio. I Shazamed it on my iPhone, and looked up Muse on YouTube when I got home. Turns out that years earlier I remember hearing Hysteria on LIVE 105, and loved them then, but was too lazy to figure out who the band was.

MUFI forever! :happy:

• 2 weeks later...