Help

Lately, I've really been questioning my faith and pondering atheism. I was wondering if you guys could help.

All i need is really good proof that god exists. Please dont give me any bible verses to look up but feel free to quote the bible.

My reasoningfor thisneed is because ive always been in a christian family, forced to go to church etc but god has never made himself known.

Ive never been the kid in sunday school who knows all of the books of the bible, im the one who sits in the corner farthest away from the teacher as possible. The other kids never talk to me and i find this very hypocritical because my church always says that everyone will find a place in the church. Well, not me.

Another reason is because gods never been there for me. Why should i put my trust in something that doesnt exist?

So please help me. I really need this.

i think it's really good that you're questioning your faith; God doesn't want blind faith. by questioning yourself & coming back to God, your faith can be strengthened. :happy:

you want proof that God exists. i'm assuming by that you want proof that is outside of the bible, or scientific proof. 'scientific' refers to the process of proving something, ie being able to repeat the results of a test predictably & consistently. well there isn't solid proof for God, at least not yet. if there were, atheists wouldn't exist, no?

i know that God exists & that He is personally involved in our lives. how? because i have a personal relationship with Him, personal revelations from Him, & an awareness of His presence in my life. from this foundation, i see evidence that He has created this world; the very fact that there is order & laws that apply to the physical world supports Genesis (God creating the world from chaos; order from disorder.)

get to know God, not just ask Him to show Himself. read the bible, God's word; His character is evident in it. pray for a revelation of who He is. He is always present. usually when we think He's not, it's because we have chosen to deafen ourselves. pray for an open heart & sensitivity to Him. God promises in James 4:8: 'draw near to God & He will draw near to you.' when you seek Him earnestly, He will not ignore you.

you pointed out flaws in your church. everyone, including Christians, is human, & as such we are sinful. but Jesus who we follow is not. don't judge God based on His followers. perhaps you can find support elsewhere? you can try talking to your pastor/priest about it. you might not find a place in that particular church, but you have a place with God. He answers prayers; i say this from personal experience. i never used to pay attention in church; in sunday school, my friends & i were the ones at the back disrupting the class. yet God still called me. :happy:

Knowledge about God/the bible isn't what matters, it's your heart. And although you may not feel like God has been there for you, the chances are that there've been many times (maybe even times you don't know about it) that God has been there for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...