Let's show those n00bs!

The first discussion of this group will be the simplest thing to do: just explain why you like Starlight. ;)

As for me, Starlight is one of my favorite Muse songs at the moment. The piano actually still makes me feel like I'm floating sometimes, even after about a year and a half of hearing it for the first time. It's uplifting to hear, so I always listen to it when I'm in a bad mood. Like most people who became Muse fans within the past couple years, Starlight was one of the first Muse songs I heard, and it's the song that I used to introduce quite a few people into Muse. (That seems to work, too. Most people who haven't heard Muse before seem to love it.)

SO. Why do you like it?

Frankly speaking, it's not a favourite song of mine. BUT HOW CAN YOU HATE ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH MUSE, I WONDER??!!

This song is undoubtedly beautiful! It's so pure, full of light... As if you were really drifting away through endless Space... Perhaps, some simply don't get it. I like it very much.:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's got quite a powerful, driving melody, but as that melody is fairly simple, it gets mocked a lot. I love the piano, and it's one of those songs that start abruptly (like Uprising) that pulls you in straight away. A lot of people hate it because it got played on the radio so much, but I don't really care.

Why do people hate this song?!? O_O

I still getting more bewildered with this question. o.o

No, realy. Because I love this song and I could absolutely say that this song is one of the most great songs played by the piano. I just cannot imagine someone who hate this song. I think it's impossible. The song is romantic, maybe this is the reason for someone who dislike this kind of music. I think it's the only really suitable (but for me weird) reason.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the song for some reasons. It was the second Muse song I ever heard (Supermassive Black Hole being the first) and... the video clip is so freaking nice. I had to grow accustomed to the music a bit at first, but then I really started appreciating it. It makes me happy and it often brings tears in my eyes when I think of my friend's version of the song (ballad) and when I hear the original, it can also bring tears in my eyes for the beautiful lyrics and music. I do not like all the riffs, but the total picture is so overwhelming... I freaking adore it <33